The Student Room Group

Positive replies in a text...?

There was this girl I hardly knew but she did give me her number when we first met, but I didn't understand dating then lol.

But anyway, I've since graduated and moved away to start work but she went away 18 months ago and her replies were really enthusiastic with lots of exclamation marks and smileys. My messages didn't really warrant such enthusiastic responses.

Girls out there, is it common to text guys like this? Especially ones you hardly know, and after 18 months of not even talking?

I was expecting a standard convo just seeing how her year abroad went.

Scroll to see replies

:lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs:
Reply 2
Original post by SourLikeLemon
x

lol, is this how you always text?
:lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs::lol::laugh::rofl::dance::party::kiss::hugs:

:facepalm:
how often did you talk to each other at uni? maybe she actually
[scroll]missed you[/scroll]
Original post by thenextone
There was this girl I hardly knew but she did give me her number when we first met, but I didn't understand dating then lol.

But anyway, I've since graduated and moved away to start work but she went away 18 months ago and her replies were really enthusiastic with lots of exclamation marks and smileys. My messages didn't really warrant such enthusiastic responses.

Girls out there, is it common to text guys like this? Especially ones you hardly know, and after 18 months of not even talking?

I was expecting a standard convo just seeing how her year abroad went.

Yes it's normal depending on how people normally text. I pretty much use smileys and faces in every single text xD. :u::p:D
Reply 6
Original post by shawn_o1
how often did you talk to each other at uni? maybe she actually
[scroll]missed you[/scroll]

Hardly ever lol...

...we worked together 10 times.

Caught her staring once
Original post by Anonymous
:facepalm:

Who is this mysterious anon? :hubba:
:dance: I'm curious :yep:

Spoiler

Hardly ever lol...

...we worked together 10 times.

Caught her staring once

that's enough time(s) to develop affection. btw, you didn't have any arguments that could've ended your association with her?
Who is this mysterious anon? :hubba:
:dance: I'm curious :yep:

Spoiler

:sexface: :perv: :love: :heart:
:sexface: :perv: :love: :heart:

:lolwut:

Who is this? :dance:

Spoiler

lol, is this how you always text?

I only do this when I know the person really well or if someone has had a bad day.

:yep:
Reply 12
Original post by shawn_o1
that's enough time(s) to develop affection. btw, you didn't have any arguments that could've ended your association with her?

no we didn't. It was a pretty good companionship. Once we walked home through some dark streets after work at 1.30am in middle of Autumn, was surprised she trusted me.

Tbh, I don't think anything will come of it. I've moved for work but it made me happy that she replied so positively. If only she didn't go travelling...

..but then again, I'm the sort of guy who would want people to chase their dreams.

Shame I can only wonder 'what if...'

maybe our paths will cross one day

Spoiler

Secret lover who admires you from afar
:jumphug:

:hugs:

Who tell me babycakes? :colondollar:

:dance: ::jumphug::kissing2::macarena::party2::present::rave::dance: ::jumphug::kissing2::macarena::party2::present::rave::dance: ::jumphug::kissing2::macarena::party2::present::rave::dance: ::jumphug::kissing2::macarena::party2::present::rave::dance: ::jumphug::kissing2::macarena::party2::present::rave::dance: ::jumphug::kissing2::macarena::party2::present::rave::dance: ::jumphug::kissing2::macarena::party2::present::rave:

Spoiler

Reveal yourself right now :colonhash:

Spoiler

Spoiler

:love::lovie::heart::kiss::kissing2::lovehug::love::lovie::heart::kiss::kissing2::lovehug::love::lovie::heart::kiss::kissing2::lovehug::love::lovie::heart::kiss::kissing2::lovehug:
:love::lovie::heart::kiss::kissing2::lovehug::love::lovie::heart::kiss::kissing2::lovehug::love::lovie::heart::kiss::kissing2::lovehug::love::lovie::heart::kiss::kissing2::lovehug:

unfortunately it's not a girl :hide::perv::innocent: Or else what?
Reveal yourself right now :colonhash:

Spoiler

Wow, you are eager to have a secret admirer :mmm:

I am your one and only baby :jumphug:

Don't be too mad at me. Gonna go now before the mods card me :getmecoat: And i'm not always angry :mmm: Until next time, take care.

unfortunately it's not a girl :hide::perv::innocent: Or else what?

EPIC FAIL! :rofl2::rofl::laugh::lol::rofl2::rofl::laugh::lol::rofl2::rofl::laugh::lol::rofl2::rofl::laugh::lol:

Your anon numbers are different
Thanks for the love though :tongue: :hugs:

Wait?! What you're not a girl? Blud this ain't no joke :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)

I am your one and only baby :jumphug:

:colonhash: How can you do this to me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending