The Student Room Group

How do I start my personal statement?

I intend to do psychology at Uni and I am currently writing my statement. However, I am struggling to find the right opener that poses as unique. If anyone has any suggestions or wants to say what they started with, that would be really helpful!

Thanks
Start with the middle and use that as inspiration for the beginning :smile:
Original post by KateClarke
I intend to do psychology at Uni and I am currently writing my statement. However, I am struggling to find the right opener that poses as unique. If anyone has any suggestions or wants to say what they started with, that would be really helpful!

Thanks

Have you wrote the rest of your personal statement yet? If not, i would start with that, it really does help to inspire you opening :biggrin: I would re commend just going for it, ope a word document and get typing, anything that comes to mind, thats what i did and then over the weeks i edited it, until i got my final result.
Reply 3
Original post by Hayley Williams
Have you wrote the rest of your personal statement yet? If not, i would start with that, it really does help to inspire you opening :biggrin: I would re commend just going for it, ope a word document and get typing, anything that comes to mind, thats what i did and then over the weeks i edited it, until i got my final result.

Ok thank you! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by *Interrobang*
Start with the middle and use that as inspiration for the beginning :smile:

Ok thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest