The Student Room Group

How to pay back overpayment?

Scroll to see replies

But you have admitted yourself you have been unemployed for something like 9 months. It's all well and good if you were both on the minimum wage, but you aren't.

Have you called the SLC number, since you have had all day?
Reply 81
Original post by TwinnyP
That is again absolute no excuse for not claiming a benefit you are entitled too. Have you been on JSA before? Yes the people there are absolute *****, they talk to you like ****, they patronise you, they tell you too work for free to "build experience". But guess what, most people don't have an option other than to put up with it, because they need the £60.

What? So if you and your partner were in financial ruin, and he could add almost £200 to your monthly budget too relieve some of the pressure, but he won't because people at the job centre are mean, you wouldn't be annoyed with him? :lol:

Why else is he happy to let her sit in the house on TSR earning nothing? Because without her, he probably has nothing else, and doesn't want to rock the boat by telling her to man up and go claim JSA.

If my partner was suffering from mental health problems and the Job Centre situation was making them worse, I would absolutely support him in avoiding that for a while, as long as he was seeking help for the problem. And especially if he was applying for jobs regardless! You really have no idea what her partner thinks about the situation.
I would not be chilled earning £300 a week, rent taking up 2 thirds of my income and a girlfriend sitting at home doing nothing. :lol:
Original post by Ronove
If my partner was suffering from mental health problems and the Job Centre situation was making them worse, I would absolutely support him in avoiding that for a while, as long as he was seeking help for the problem. And especially if he was applying for jobs regardless! You really have no idea what her partner thinks about the situation.

I had depression when I was claiming JSA after leaving a job through stress, It got so bad it cost me a 3 year relationship with my then GF, but the job centre didn't make it worse, it was just a ****ty chore I had to do once every 2 weeks to make sure I got my poxy £57. Don't talk to me about mental health like I don't have a clue :lol:

She's using it as an excuse. Surprise Surprise eh :lol:
Original post by snowman77
I would not be chilled earning £300 a week, rent taking up 2 thirds of my income and a girlfriend sitting at home doing nothing. :lol:

Exactly :yy:

It's a free number proving your contract or PAYG tariff has free inclusive minutes.

Do you get an allowance of minutes with your phone, alongside your texts and data?
Anti benefits? Yes so am I when it's some little chav or drug users claiming them whilst not looking for work.

You aren't either of those, are you? :lol:
You have anxiety yeah?
Unfortunately you have to care about money in life, especially when you're barely earning enough to cover your basic costs of rent, food, bills and travel, not to mention paying for someone else (i.e. you) to live.
So in 2015, you are paying upwards of 28p per minute to call your BF. I quite frankly do not believe you. There is literally not a single telecommunications provider on the market who has packages that doesn't include even 50 free minutes on the lowest deal, and that's PAYG or PAYM.

So whats the problem? You aren't avoiding work? You aren't on cocaine? You aren't on Jezza Kyle? Why be anti-benefit if it will only improve you and your partners current quality of life?

It's just crazy what you are doing! :lol:

That's unfortunate to hear. But your attitude to resolving situations can't be helping those problems. You are causing yourself stress.
(edited 3 years ago)
why are you paying similar rent prices to central london when youre in the north?
Reply 90
Original post by TwinnyP
Because funnily enough, I had a car and a multitude of other things to pay for. Depression doesn't have to prevent you working, as much as it emotional cripples every other aspect of your life.

Normally plain and terribly mundane tasks like work aren't happy anyway, so going in depressed isn't usually effecting much.

I am not being a dick, you have started supporting her excuses after she dropped her little whiney post last night telling people to leave her alone :lol:

I didn't ask why you were getting benefits, I asked why you were getting JSA. You can't have had that bad a case of depression if you were still able to work. If you don't want people to think you know nothing about mental illness then don't spout ridiculous nonsense like the stuff in the post I'm replying to. Having had a bout of mild to moderate depression does not make you the all-knowing mental illness guru. As OP said, all mental illness is not the same.

I knew you were clueless the second you posted 'You have anxiety yeah?' to the OP. You made an assumption that that was the only problem she had, when if you knew anything about anything, you would know that it was likely one small part of a larger problem.
loan would be much more than bailiffs. It's bailiffs on steroids harassing you for pretty much the rest of your life. Maybe pawn something at the pawn shop? Another option you could consider is getting a part-time job with a couple of hours probably wouldn't take you more than 2-3 hours to get the money to pay this off which in my opinion is much better than getting a loan and the £20.00 turning into £20,000.
Original post by Ronove
I didn't ask why you were getting benefits, I asked why you were getting JSA. You can't have had that bad a case of depression if you were still able to work. If you don't want people to think you know nothing about mental illness then don't spout ridiculous nonsense like the stuff in the post I'm replying to. Having had a bout of mild to moderate depression does not make you the all-knowing mental illness guru. As OP said, all mental illness is not the same.

I knew you were clueless the second you posted 'You have anxiety yeah?' to the OP. You made an assumption that that was the only problem she had, when if you knew anything about anything, you would know that it was likely one small part of a larger problem.

No point arguing the OP is going to be some bailiff scums happy days. Seriously someone lend the op £20.00
including council tax, youre paying near 750 a month. thats like 9k a year? you cannot be living in a small flat with that much rent cost, impossible outside of london.
Original post by Ronove

Taking 50mg of anti depressants (I had to take an adrenaline based pill due to my iron levels and something that my dad has which my have been undiagnosed in me at the time), doesn't necessarily prevent people from working or looking for work. Thats why I was claiming JSA. Because I wanted and needed to work.

Some people have light depression and only see a psychiatrist, yet they take months off work. Others take anti depressants in very large doses, so it's got absolutely nothing to do with the severity of the apparent case.

You knew I was clueless, yet you condemned your own post about "not all mental illness being the same" after saying mine can't have been that serious :lol: :lol: Bravo genius, trying to tar me with a brush that is already covering you :lol:
Reply 95
Original post by TwinnyP
Taking 50mg of anti depressants (I had to take an adrenaline based pill due to my iron levels and something that my dad has which my have been undiagnosed in me at the time), doesn't necessarily prevent people from working or looking for work. Thats why I was claiming JSA. Because I wanted and needed to work.

Some people have light depression and only see a psychiatrist, yet they take months off work. Others take anti depressants in very large doses, so it's got absolutely nothing to do with the severity of the apparent case.

You knew I was clueless, yet you condemned your own post about "not all mental illness being the same" after saying mine can't have been that serious :lol: :lol: Bravo genius, trying to tar me with a brush that is already covering you :lol:

You think people with 'light' depression see psychiatrists? Good one. You think it's only medication and not the illness that can prevent people functioning? Again, good one. You know what, keep thinking you know it all. And yeah, I was totally wrong about 'not all mental illness being the same' - it's not like that's the point you're attempting to make even in this post I'm replying to now, is it?

But no, if your ability to search for and do work was not impaired at all then no, in my opinion, it is not at all likely that you experienced particularly severe depression. And the way you're talking about it suggests that you don't even understand that. I'm sure it was unpleasant for you. No-one is disputing that. But we wouldn't even be talking about this and judging your ability to sympathise, were it not for you sneering at someone who is clearly impacted more, in terms of being able to sign on, by her illness than you were by yours. Try to understand that a little bit. Or at least realise that you are lucky for your life not to have been impacted even more by mental illness.
He's probably seen people like you before. It's hardly as you put it 'Strange, huh?' clearly sarcastic and unneeded for someone who is trying to help you you seem rather *****y and its not good.
Maybe it's because of 8 pages of people saying the same stuff to you but you being rather stubborn.
why are two people without kids at 20 not trying to save and live in a one bed flat? dont you have spare bedrooms for no reason?
It's what you said in previous posts in this thread. :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending