The Student Room Group

Small men - how much are you discriminated against?

Scroll to see replies

I'm 5'7 and never had a problem irl due to my height, Honestly unless you're like 5'3 and under then height is extremely overrated.
Original post by slade p
6'2 master race checking in.

I love it when manlets moan about their height, it's funny.

I feel like patting them on their head and pushing them about.

You would of course want to be tall as a guy but at the same time there is a tall mans burden.

you wish

everything under 6'4 is manlet.
Reply 42
https://twitter.com/heightismxposed

https://twitter.com/heightismwatch

Some of the posts on these Twitter heightism watch pages are really funny.
Original post by slade p
https://twitter.com/heightismxposed

https://twitter.com/heightismwatch

Some of the posts on these Twitter heightism watch pages are really funny.

that's hilarious for someone to take the time to do that!
Original post by henchboy
I'm 5'7 and never had a problem irl due to my height, Honestly unless you're like 5'3 and under then height is extremely overrated.

5'7 is pretty average brah so it's not great but it's not bad either.
Reading this thread makes the 'tall' guys (if they actually are) look more insecure, the fact that you are convincing yourself you are so much better short guys and 'pat them on the head' makes you look like you're insecure.
Original post by Bill_Gates
Never heard of big nose syndrome or narrow eye syndrome. I think some people look great with big noses and narrow eyes. But i've said this before some of my mates with big noses get the most girls. I'm not sure how this works. But i never hear someone say that 5ft guy gets so many girls?.

I made those up, and I made that quite clear - replace "big nose" with "fat stomach" and it will serve the same purpose; "fat stomach syndrome: the syndrome whereby a person with a fat stomach has a chip on their shoulder"
Original post by harry734
Reading this thread makes the 'tall' guys (if they actually are) look more insecure, the fact that you are convincing yourself you are so much better short guys and 'pat them on the head' makes you look like you're insecure.

maybe they are just superior brah?
Original post by zippity.doodah
I made those up, and I made that quite clear - replace "big nose" with "fat stomach" and it will serve the same purpose; "fat stomach syndrome: the syndrome whereby a person with a fat stomach has a chip on their shoulder"

i do agree to a certain extent. I was just looking for a better insight. Reading the usual rubbish british papers post quite a few are about the insecurity and discrimination short men face.
i do agree to a certain extent. I was just looking for a better insight. Reading the usual rubbish british papers post quite a few are about the insecurity and discrimination short men face.

well that's interesting because I've never seen any
maybe they are just superior brah?
Then why constantly tell people they are? Obviously desperately trying to prove they are. Clearly they're not btw...
Original post by Augu5t
A girl I liked once told me ''I really like you, fancy you even but stand up' I stand up 'I could never go with you'' In front of my friends and classmates (this is back when i was at school). That stung a little bit.

That's really really cruel.
Original post by henchboy

That's what you think. Except nobody would ever tell you that your height puts them off. Besides they likely wouldn't realise; these things are subsets of attraction which operate at a subconscious level in people's minds.
As a white man who doesn't even lift I was welcomed into @redbuthotter's Chinese household so that's a plus I suppose.
Reply 54
I'm 5 '9 which apparently is average height in the UK (although everyone else seems to be much taller).

Never seen any kind of discrimination, but that's maybe because people are too busy running away from my face.
I'm 6'2 at a stretch, but normally hunch so am around 6'. I can bend to around 5'10-11, and I sometimes do it to fit in with shorter guys. When hunching with taller guys, it seems they ignore me alot, so idk.
Reply 56
Original post by harry734

Most of these threads about height/being short is by short guys admitting their insecurity.

You seem like you have a chip on your shoulders and small man syndrome by getting annoyed by the pat on the head thing.
Original post by slade p
Most of these threads about height/being short is by short guys admitting their insecurity.

You seem like you have a chip on your shoulders and small man syndrome by getting annoyed by the pat on the head thing.

true true very angry!

small men tend to have a desperate need to own flashy cars too.
Reply 58
true true very angry!

small men tend to have a desperate need to own flashy cars too.

Yes they try to make up for their shortness in many ways.
Not really discriminated against at all really, the only exception being mainstream clothing retailers... even their small shirts never fit. :angry: That might just be because the average Joe is quite fat though. Usually have to shop somewhere a bit trendier (read more expensive) for clothes that look exactly the same but slimmer/smaller in size...

Quick Reply

Latest