The Student Room Group

Medicine Course

Will I be able to get into a medicine course with the following GCSE grades;
Maths-A
English Language-A
English Literature-B
Biology-B
Chemistry-B(1 mark off an A,getting remarked)
Physics-A
Religious Studies-A
History-A
Statistics-C
Drama-D(3 marks off C and also getting remarked)
Currently studying;Biology,Chemistry,Maths and Ancient History at college(What minimum grades do I need for these?How will my GCSEs affect my chances at a medicine course?)
Im not expecting to get into Oxbridge or anything like that, just a medicine course at any Russell Group University!
Have any of you got into a medical course with similar GCSEs?
Thanks in advance
Have a look at the GCSE requirements for medicine at each university. You will meet most minimum requirements for english, maths and science. However, some universities have a point system where you need 416 points from top 8 GCSEs to be invited for interview (52 points for an A, 48 for a B).
Reply 2
Original post by UbaidS
Will I be able to get into a medicine course with the following GCSE grades;
Maths-A
English Language-A
English Literature-B
Biology-B
Chemistry-B(1 mark off an A,getting remarked)
Physics-A
Religious Studies-A
History-A
Statistics-C
Drama-D(3 marks off C and also getting remarked)
Currently studying;Biology,Chemistry,Maths and Ancient History at college(What minimum grades do I need for these?How will my GCSEs affect my chances at a medicine course?)
Im not expecting to get into Oxbridge or anything like that, just a medicine course at any Russell Group University!
Have any of you got into a medical course with similar GCSEs?
Thanks in advance

Hey, first of all congratulations on a good set of results :smile:!!!!
But applying for medicine would be a grey area as the two most needed subject (Biology and Chemistry) they would NEED an A grade in. Maths is also significant but Biology and Chemistry are the main ones and most medical interviews contain questions on Biology and Chemistry so you would need to know the course inside out as they can ask anything!
Reply 3
Original post by Jeff548
Hey, first of all congratulations on a good set of results :smile:!!!!
But applying for medicine would be a grey area as the two most needed subject (Biology and Chemistry) they would NEED an A grade in. Maths is also significant but Biology and Chemistry are the main ones and most medical interviews contain questions on Biology and Chemistry so you would need to know the course inside out as they can ask anything!

Thanks man!So does that mean i can still get in to medicine given I get As in all my AS/A level and the gcse dont matter as much?
Thanks again for the speedy reply:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by UbaidS
Thanks man!So does that mean i can still get in to medicine given I get As in all my AS/A level and the gcse dont matter as much?
Thanks again for the speedy reply:smile:

Sorry for late reply, was on a camping trip :smile:
If you did get As in your AS/A levels then you should be fine since GCSE don't matter as long as you realistically don't have anything lower than a C. Also I am a Scottish student so I am not 100% sure what AS/A levels are equivelant to but I think that it is all good

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending