The Student Room Group

The moderation team ignoring their own rules

Scroll to see replies

Wow if all of you guys are so unhappy with the site them why don't you just leave?
Original post by miser
Down with the monarchy.

See, this post adds nothing because it isn't even about the topic in question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
A mod finally got round to looking at my case.

She didn't say anything, just posted a link. I clicked the link and it said I was not authorised to view it.

Thanks She-ra, sterling work there.

It was really worth waiting nearly 4 days for that :rolleyes:
Original post by yelllowribbon
Wow if all of you guys are so unhappy with the site them why don't you just leave?

We like the site and the service/functionality, but feel there are unfair moderation issues that need to be addressed.

There is no other considerable alternative to TSR with either the resources or user base - besides which, I feel like I add value to TSR. My help in answering questions adds value (as indicated by any rep that I receive, or badges).
Why should I leave when TSR can change for the better?

The problem is the censorship - can't talk about rep, all replies must be "constructive" etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by BoomCha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

In the UK it's perfectly acceptable to criticise the monarchy because we don't live in a dictatorship.
Reply 45
Original post by The Free Radical
There is a poster called errm who keeps making new accounts and just adds a new number after his name, each of his accounts is eventually banned after a couple of days, but if the CT response times are going to be so slow and they are happy to ban users who make threads in ask a CT, rather than discussing your issues with the community team, it tells us to keep making dupes.

I believe you are referring to me.

Yes, I have been banned on these Errm accounts 24 times (Errm4 & Errm9 having already been taken).

Each time I create a new Errm, I always post in the CT Forum asking why they perma banned my initial account (Footstool1924).

I haven't had a ****ing response to that since the end of June or was it July.

The first 2 or 3 times, I waited around a week or so before posting in other parts of TSR but after that, I thought "These guys are not going to reply so let me just go ahead and post".

And to this day, I make the same post in the CT Forum every time I create a new account...
Reply 46
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Sorry I'm not completely following here - you mean CT reactions to banning dupes are slow or...? Again I can't discuss moderation in the public forum but this user has been spoken to several times by a member of the CT.

You can't "discuss moderation" yet you then go onto discuss "moderation". :facepalm:

With all due respect, what you have written is utter tripe.

I first got banned a couple of times and each of those times, I created a dupe querying said bans. On average, it took the CT around 6 days to respond....to respond...not RESOLVE the matter, but just to acknowledge that a thread had been posted and you were looking into it.

What's the ****ing point of responding after 6 days when people would just wait another day for their ban to expire?

So that happened and on my main account, I created a thread to dispute all the cards that I had been awarded (apparently, there were many) and found that it had been marked as "RESOLVED". I, of course, queried this and within a couple of days, I found myself perma banned.

I created my dupe accounts (ErrmX) to query why my original account was perma banned. When no response or even an acknowledgement was forthcoming for several weeks, I found myself posting in other parts of the forum.

And that is continuing to this day...
Original post by Errm27
I believe you are referring to me.

Yes, I have been banned on these Errm accounts 24 times (Errm4 & Errm9 having already been taken).

Each time I create a new Errm, I always post in the CT Forum asking why they perma banned my initial account (Footstool1924).

I haven't had a ****ing response to that since the end of June or was it July.

The first 2 or 3 times, I waited around a week or so before posting in other parts of TSR but after that, I thought "These guys are not going to reply so let me just go ahead and post".

And to this day, I make the same post in the CT Forum every time I create a new account...

I am not even blaming you, yes you are breaking the rules but if the situation were managed properly from the start, this whole thing of over 20 accounts would never have arisen in the first place
Reply 48
I am not even blaming you, yes you are breaking the rules but if the situation were managed properly from the start, this whole thing of over 20 accounts would never have arisen in the first place

I suppose I am breaking the rules but it got to the point where I don't really give a crap anymore...
Reply 49
So I'm on 28 now. Shall we try hitting 50 today? @Puddles the Monkey
Original post by BoomCha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, actually it is given it's about the CT ignoring the illegality of republicanism, which miser, if memory serves me well at least a section mod, is displaying.

His comment should be removed, and maybe at least warned, for breaking the law.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel
Well, actually it is given it's about the CT ignoring the illegality of republicanism, which miser, if memory serves me well at least a section mod, is displaying.

His comment should be removed, and maybe at least warned, for breaking the law.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How is Republicanism a crime?

How is treason a crime?

For the record I am a Republican and I want the monarchy abolished.
Original post by Errm27
You can't "discuss moderation" yet you then go onto discuss "moderation". :facepalm:

I'm well aware of this. Unfortunately we're in a difficult situation where we can't really talk about moderation but that in itself leads to lots of misunderstanding about why people have received reminders/bans etc.

Personally, sometimes I'd rather discuss things openly but I'm aware some users feel alienated by that and it's against our guidelines.

With all due respect, what you have written is utter tripe.

I first got banned a couple of times and each of those times, I created a dupe querying said bans. On average, it took the CT around 6 days to respond....to respond...not RESOLVE the matter, but just to acknowledge that a thread had been posted and you were looking into it.

What's the ****ing point of responding after 6 days when people would just wait another day for their ban to expire?

So that happened and on my main account, I created a thread to dispute all the cards that I had been awarded (apparently, there were many) and found that it had been marked as "RESOLVED". I, of course, queried this and within a couple of days, I found myself perma banned.

I created my dupe accounts (ErrmX) to query why my original account was perma banned. When no response or even an acknowledgement was forthcoming for several weeks, I found myself posting in other parts of the forum.

And that is continuing to this day...

Okay, so it seems like there's been a miscommunication somewhere. We'll get this looked in to and see what's happened and why you've not had a response. If you could make another account and just post in AtCT that would be great.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Errm28
So I'm on 28 now. Shall we try hitting 50 today? @Puddles the Monkey

You're a troll though.

Well known for derailing threads. Well known for baiting people into an argument and then proceeding to go around in circles trying to tire your adversary into submission with strawman arguments.

You don't advance the conversations, you deliberately bog them down and then claim victory when your opponent simply throws their hands up in the air and gives up.

You were rightly banned.

Okay, so it seems like there's been a miscommunication somewhere. We'll get this looked in to and see what's happened and why you've not had a response. If you could make another account and just post in AtCT that would be great.

This seems to happen all too often though - not necessarily on banned accounts, but response times in the AtCT forum in general.

As it is, I posted this in the other appropriate thread more on the topic, so I look forward to a response to that anyway :smile:
How is Republicanism a crime?

How is treason a crime?

For the record I am a Republican and I want the monarchy abolished.

Republicanism is a crime because it is covered by current treason legislation, 1795 I think, and treason is a crime because of the treason act 1351, along with about half a dozen other treason acts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Okay, so it seems like there's been a miscommunication somewhere. We'll get this looked in to and see what's happened and why you've not had a response.

"Miscommunication" seems to be a bit of an understatement when you consider that I have posted the same exact thread in the AtCT 27 times. :rolleyes:

If you could make another account and just post in AtCT that would be great.

How exactly do you expect me to receive a reply when my dupe accounts are being perma banned minutes after having posted in the AtCT (without having been posted anywhere else on the forum)?
Reply 57
Original post by LockheedS.
You're a troll though.

Well known for derailing threads. Well known for baiting people into an argument and then proceeding to go around in circles trying to tire your adversary into submission with strawman arguments.

You don't advance the conversations, you deliberately bog them down and then claim victory when your opponent simply throws their hands up in the air and gives up.

You were rightly banned.

I'm sorry you feel inadequate when it comes to debating or actually putting forth a valid argument without resorting to the plaintive cry of whataboutery.

We can't all pretend to be European, whilst being Israeli, and defending the indefensible actions of the racist and terroriristic state entity that is Israel.
Reply 58
@Puddles the Monkey - Please reply with whatever you want to reply with on this thread. :smile:
Original post by Errm30
I'm sorry you feel inadequate when it comes to debating or actually putting forth a valid argument without resorting to the plaintive cry of whataboutery.

We can't all pretend to be European, whilst being Israeli, and defending the indefensible actions of the racist and terroriristic state entity that is Israel.

Exactly. While I disagree with everything you say in religious and political arguments, regarding you as someone who sympathises with the extreme left wing and religious extremists, you don't say anything that necessarily incites hatred. .
You most certainly aren't a troll and don't deserve to get auto banned. Sure, ban you when you make inappropriate comments - but the way you are treated by moderators in disgusting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending