The Student Room Group

Small men - how much are you discriminated against?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheGuyReturns
Not really discriminated against at all really, the only exception being mainstream clothing retailers... even their small shirts never fit. :angry: That might just be because the average Joe is quite fat though. Usually have to shop somewhere a bit trendier (read more expensive) for clothes that look exactly the same but slimmer/smaller in size...

how tall are you?
Original post by Bill_Gates
how tall are you?

5'7.5"
5'7.5"

come on that is hardly small!
come on that is hardly small!

Average is like 5'10 these days (excluding old people), and quite fat... so yeah, clothes from the big, cheap common retailers fit like bin bags on me :frown:.
I'm 5"9, so short. Sort of sucks but I have intelligence, (and I'm told) I have very handsome features.

Can't have it all, if I could change one thing about myself it'd be my height, always wanted to be a bit taller.

Being short has never really held me back though, I am considered "average".

I think it's a bit unfair that there's so much insensitivity in shaming short guys and calling them unattractive, for something they could literally never change, but calling a girl fat and saying "I could never date a fattie" is some kind of hugely offensive thing, but a fat girl can loose weight by not being lazy and going gym.

It's something that annoys me, and looking at this thread it annoys me because a lot of guys below 6ft will be reading comments like

"what I call guys under 6ft, friend"

That sort of **** will make a lot of guys, particularly the younger and more impressionable ones really insecure. You know men have feelings too, it's about time people respected that. And threads like these just go to show no one does.
Original post by TheMaster102
I'm 5"9, so short. Sort of sucks but I have intelligence, (and I'm told) I have very handsome features.

Can't have it all, if I could change one thing about myself it'd be my height, always wanted to be a bit taller.

I think it's a bit unfair that there's so much insensitivity in shaming short guys and calling them unattractive, for something they could literally never change, but calling a girl fat and saying "I could never date a fattie" is some kind of hugely offensive thing, but a fat girl can loose weight by not being lazy and going gym.

It's something that annoys me, and looking at this thread it annoys me because a lot of guys below 6ft will be reading comments like

That sort of **** will make a lot of guys, particularly the younger and more impressionable ones really insecure. You know men have feelings too, it's about time people respected that. And threads like these just go to show no one does.

Average is like 5'10 these days (excluding old people), and quite fat... so yeah, clothes from the big, cheap common retailers fit like bin bags on me :frown:.

Fair points but seriously you guys are not "small" surprised you feel insecure being the heights you are.

I'd say being below 5ft 5 is small.
Reply 67
Fair points but seriously you guys are not "small" surprised you feel insecure being the heights you are.

5"9 is well into manlet territory.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
5'7 never really had much problems, though some people deliberately try to put me down because of my height.

Compared to a lot of tall people, I can dunk.
Original post by slade p
Most of these threads about height/being short is by short guys admitting their insecurity.

You seem like you have a chip on your shoulders and small man syndrome by getting annoyed by the pat on the head thing.

true true very angry!

small men tend to have a desperate need to own flashy cars too.

Original post by slade p
Yes they try to make up for their shortness in many ways.
See what i mean? i've said I'm 5'9 and not angry about it at all, you seem to really want me to be though, i honestly think you guys are insecure about something (being ugly, small penis, broke etc.) and are trying to play to your only strength (height), im done here, good luck in life guys!

I think the standard is 6ft+ and if you're below it you're considered short.

Even though the average is 5"9 to 5"10.

It's a bit ridiculous really, but to be honest any girl whose going to not want to be with you because of height isn't worth dating anyway, just as any guy who discriminates against cup size or waist length is a waste of time too.

I absolutely adore big boobs, but if I met the right girl and she had none, I'd still give her a shot.
Original post by mmmmmmmmmmmmm
Small men are adorable :love:

:biggrin::wink:
Original post by william walker
:biggrin::wink:

:erm:
Original post by mmmmmmmmmmmmm
:erm:

Yes. :smile:
Original post by TheMaster102

Original post by cacra
5"9 is well into manlet territory.

Posted from TSR Mobile

STOP KILLING MY HOPES, please :frown: :cry2:
Original post by Rakas21
The real question is what kind of horrible discrimination tall men suffer. As part of the 6'4 master race i suffer constant heightism in every day life.. not being able to stand on the top deck of a bus, having little leg room in many places.

These things are horrid, far worse than what the vertically challenged suffer and even far worse than racism or sexism.

You're not allowed to stand on the top deck of a bus anyway :/
Reply 76
Original post by Imperion
STOP KILLING MY HOPES, please :frown: :cry2:

I went through primary school being called lanky, now it's time for some revenge!! :devil3::devil3::devil3:
Reply 77
Original post by Rakas21
The real question is what kind of horrible discrimination tall men suffer. As part of the 6'4 master race i suffer constant heightism in every day life.. not being able to stand on the top deck of a bus, having little leg room in many places.

These things are horrid, far worse than what the vertically challenged suffer and even far worse than racism or sexism.

Worse than racism or sexism? Lol wat. I'm assuming your trolling.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ILovePancakes
You're not allowed to stand on the top deck of a bus anyway :/

Walking to the seat often runs the threat of conking my head.

Oh.. The injustice of this world.
Original post by RainbowKiwi

He's actually pretty tall by North Korean standards.

Quick Reply

Latest