The Student Room Group

Girls would you go out with a nerd like me?

Im a uni student and spend alot of my time studying or playing video games. I find it hard to talk to girls. Most of the girls that approach me or try to talk to me think im rude but its just that im shy. I have anxiety issues but only with girls. I do love football and playing sports. Go to the gym every day but i feel with my anxiety issues i will find it hard to get a gf.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes I would. Nerdy guys are cute. :h:
I'm not a girl, but I'm telling you: get your priorities straight!

From the sound of it, you're someone who is: 1) studious, 2) passionate, 3) physically fit. You have quite a lot going for you, and yet you still seem to have this anxiety with women. Realise your own worth and, even if you remain the wonderfully dorky bloke that you are, you'll radiate confidence and be the more attractive for it!

From a nerdy weird guy who somehow gets laid.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Im a uni student and spend alot of my time studying or playing video games. I find it hard to talk to girls. Most of the girls that approach me or try to talk to me think im rude but its just that im shy. I have anxiety issues but only with girls. I do love football and playing sports. Go to the gym every day but i feel with my anxiety issues i will find it hard to get a gf.

Some girls like gaming, you know.
You actually sound like my boyfriend in many ways :lol: so yes I would.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i would anon :h:
Yes. :smile:
Your hobbies don't determine your personality.
And like drowzee said: nerdy guys are cute.
(Plus, I'd probably challenge you 1v1 on video games so. :biggrin:)
Yes, I like nerdy guys. You sound cute :smile:
Reply 8
I prefer introverted nerdy guys, who get on with their studies and don't have many girl mates.

Posted from TSR Mobile

maybe try to join a sports team with girls on like a unisex one if your uni have one, but dont aim to just get your dick wet, try at least make more female friends first if youre having anxiety issues otherwise it will make you look desperate and thats why most girls think youre rude
Original post by drowzee

But in reality, no you wouldn't because you would think he was rude. He's already explained that.
Original post by drowzee

The Ryan Gosling type of nerd, right? And not those nerds who spend 8 hours a day playing WoW only drinking Mountain Dew and eating Dorito's, and can only talk about anime, right?
Also, where can I find girls who like 'nerdy types'?
I would go there :tongue:
Can someone please go out with me, I need a girlfriend. Over the age of 23 though. Thanks.
You sound great, there are plenty of gals that will go out with you :-) you need to work on those anxiety issues though, maybe see a therapist?
Original post by cole-slaw
But in reality, no you wouldn't because you would think he was rude. He's already explained that.

No, because I am a bit stand offish at first. I know when someone is shy and when someone is rude.

Original post by SeamanDemon
The Ryan Gosling type of nerd, right? And not those nerds who spend 8 hours a day playing WoW only drinking Mountain Dew and eating Dorito's, and can only talk about anime, right?

Well no obviously not. By nerdy I mean awkward and shy at first, has some nerdy interests but not a complete loser.
Well mate, judging by the responses in this thread, you're going to be knee deep in ass for your entire time at uni.

Let us know whether that actually happens, or whether what girls say and what girls do are two completely different things.
Im a uni student and spend alot of my time studying

or playing video games.

but its just that im shy.

I have anxiety issues but only with girls.

I do love football and playing sports.

Go to the gym every day.

You need to focus on your positive traits, you have loads :smile: here I've helped you :smile:

Yes I'd go out with you, why:
- you spend a lot of your time studying, which is great because I'd do the same and not feel guilty lmao

- those who play video games tend to be successful at mastering close attention to detail. I think that's v cool and a sign of intelligence

- Shy guys are cute, at least I won't feel intimidated lmao

- I have anxiety issues with guys :high5:

- I can't play football but I love watching prem/champ league etc in my spare time. If you like sports I'm guessing you're physically active which is good and motivating as I am not lmao

- gym every day? Wow you said it like its no big deal

Youre a cool lad, lad. :cool:
Original post by drowzee
No, because I am a bit stand offish at first. I know when someone is shy and when someone is rude.

Well no obviously not. By nerdy I mean awkward and shy at first, has some nerdy interests but not a complete loser.

What you are describing is basically an introvert or a shy person, not a nerd.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending