The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1820
Original post by amyrah
Guysssss, I'm living at home.. will I have less of a uni experience?!

So am I!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by amyrah

Not at all, a lot of people chose to live at home in their first year or for all the years of their degree. You will be able to experience as much as everybody else and you don't have to worry about the same things that the others will such as cooking for yourself or high rent costs! Just immerse yourself into the uni experience and try not to worry :smile: have fun!
Original post by B_Fox
So am I!

Original post by amyrah

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same we need a fb page for commuters :pierre:
Damn Campbell East twin room 😒
Original post by snb1234
Short answer is no you didn't need to do anything to apply for it :smile:

So does the money just automatically go into our bank accounts if we are eligible?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by G.Hailstone
So does the money just automatically go into our bank accounts if we are eligible?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not too sure about that! I assume they'll tell us how much we're entitled too at some point
Hey guys! Come and join the facebook group for 2015-2016 for all your freshers info!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/678095185645989/
Reply 1827
Original post by notsure
Posted from TSR Mobile

Same we need a fb page for commuters :pierre:

We really do!
Original post by Ditch19
Damn Campbell East twin room 😒

Same I got my offer for a twin room there earlier this week I really like the look of Campbell House East but really didn't want a twin

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone at Frances-Gardner or Prankerd House who wants to go to Ramsay Hall? I have a single room there, and I'd like to go en-suite :smile: thank you
Hi,

I'm sure I'm over thinking this but I am getting really confused about which day to actually move in! So as far as I can tell Freshers starts a week after arrivals day (19th) on the 27th Sept- which means there is a week of basically doing nothing (all my friends who are attending other uni's move in on the first day of freshers)

I rang up the residence office and they told me this is done to accommodate international students, so are most people requesting a late arrival and arriving closer to the start of freshers? If not what exactly do we do for a week? Thanks in advance.
Original post by bernadettie
Hi,

I'm sure I'm over thinking this but I am getting really confused about which day to actually move in! So as far as I can tell Freshers starts a week after arrivals day (19th) on the 27th Sept- which means there is a week of basically doing nothing (all my friends who are attending other uni's move in on the first day of freshers)

I rang up the residence office and they told me this is done to accommodate international students, so are most people requesting a late arrival and arriving closer to the start of freshers? If not what exactly do we do for a week? Thanks in advance.

Nearly all of the people I've spoken to on Facebook are arriving on the 19th. For that week we can basically get settled in, get to know our flatmates, register with the GP and so forth. It should be a pretty good week, and it means that the actual Freshers' week won't be as mad considering we'll have already been there for a week.
Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post but I would appreciate your input. So I logged into my student finance account and noticed that I am due my first payment on the 28th (9 days after I've moved into halls) The woman from Finance England who I spoke to over the phone told me that the money will only come in once the university has verified with them that I have taken up my place. This sounds nothing like the procedure my older siblings went through. Am I expected to have no money for an entire week? Thanks
Original post by pleasepleaseme
Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post but I would appreciate your input. So I logged into my student finance account and noticed that I am due my first payment on the 28th (9 days after I've moved into halls) The woman from Finance England who I spoke to over the phone told me that the money will only come in once the university has verified with them that I have taken up my place. This sounds nothing like the procedure my older siblings went through. Am I expected to have no money for an entire week? Thanks

I'm in the same situation and I don't think there's anything we can do. I'm going to use the overdraft on my student bank account for that week, maybe that's something you could do too?
Reply 1835
hello. i have a question for the people that will be commuting. (i might live at home i am still waiting for the waiting list)
erm am abit startled on which card i should get. the 18+ oyster card or the rail card because i think they are different.
Plus is anyone getting the NUS card and is it necessary?
Original post by B_Fox
We really do!

Someone please make one!

I heard today about events specifically for commuters, anyone know anything about these freshers events? I can't find anything on it D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pleasepleaseme

It's because the UCL term start date is the 28th. You probably won't get the money on the 28th, I was a first year at UCL this academic year. I got my student loan 5 days after the day they said I would get it. You have to enrol at UCL first and they send the information to Student Finance. You'll likely need money for about 10 days to two weeks
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1838
Original post by pmm18
hello. i have a question for the people that will be commuting. (i might live at home i am still waiting for the waiting list)
erm am abit startled on which card i should get. the 18+ oyster card or the rail card because i think they are different.
Plus is anyone getting the NUS card and is it necessary?

if you're living in london and don't get the train elsewhere that often, i'd stick with the 18+ oyster card. I'm getting both for the fact of train journeys back home. Apparently our UCL ID gets you a lot of student discounts too, so it's not really necessary, again i'm only getting it for the extra discount on travel back home :smile:
Reply 1839
Original post by nud
if you're living in london and don't get the train elsewhere that often, i'd stick with the 18+ oyster card. I'm getting both for the fact of train journeys back home. Apparently our UCL ID gets you a lot of student discounts too, so it's not really necessary, again i'm only getting it for the extra discount on travel back home :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending