The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Is Paedophilla always wrong? Should it be legalised?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sneakerhead
If you've ever heard of the deep web and knew what pedophiles actually do then you would probably think its fully wrong

Don't take people (or I'll just speak for myself, me) for a fool.
It's not that it's wrong, as such, just that nothing good can come from it, so nothing right. It doesn't necessarily mean bad things are going to happen because of it, though.

Original post by Moonstruck16
I can already predict elliemayxo's reply to your post. If Cherie Amour turns up again I can predict her reply, too.

+1 rep anyway :smile:

EDIT: Oops. Predicted her reply wrong. First for everything I guess :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would +1 for it being a funny post. (Can't remember if I did, or if PRSOM came up.)

Again, I would +1.

Original post by elliemayxo
Don't even try to insult me. I'm open to all views and opinions, but I struggle to go back on my own.

The way I read those comments, it seemed as they did have supporters. Your mannerism is extremely rude and it's astonishing how you can try and judge me considering your own childish remarks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am a supporter of paedophiles; I support their destigmatisation and so on and so forth.

Spoiler

If you'd read most of the comments properly you would have understood that we were not supporting the child abuse that can arise from CHOOSING to act upon paedophilic urges but were supporting the fact that paedophiles should be treated as humans and given help.

I'm assuming that you're going to be a shyster if you ever make it into law.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would +1 again... this is becoming quite predictable, no?

Original post by Law-Hopeful
As I said, going by your lack of debating ability on this thread, I can infer that you are not the sharpest tool in the shed, as it were.

Lol, funny post, nice phrase, going to steal that for future use. :tongue: :biggrin:
Well to be fair necrophilia is only accepted if you didn't kill the person yourself. It's still oppression man.
Original post by XcitingStuart
I am a supporter of paedophiles; I support their destigmatisation and so on and so forth.

Spoiler

:mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I originally was going to just say "I am a supporter of paedophiles", but I couldn't be bothered to reply when the time came, so decided to do it all in one. The spoiler was added so there was a little surprise before I dropped the bomb of truth and clarification. Mind to a few I would expect the contents of the spoiler to have been expected.

So instead of being something I can't put my finger on, I decided to be thorough and more serious. :tongue:
How is this thread still going? It's not difficult. Paedophilla in itself, while ****ing weird to me, is not inherently wrong providing the person in question NEVER acts on it. In all honestly however, I do think it should be treated as a mental illness. And before someone comes along with 'but what about the gays?'- two queer people can consent, a child cannot. Anyone who wants to have sex with a minor needs help.

Anyway, to sum up, there is nothing wrong with paedophilla and we should do all we can to support and care for such people. But if they ever act on it, lock them up and throw away the key as there is no excuse.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by XcitingStuart
I originally was going to just say "I am a supporter of paedophiles", but I couldn't be bothered to reply when the time came, so decided to do it all in one. The spoiler was added so there was a little surprise before I dropped the bomb of truth and clarification. Mind to a few I would expect the contents of the spoiler to have been expected.

So instead of being something I can't put my finger on, I decided to be thorough and more serious. :tongue:

So much bliss right now. Like, so much.

You've actually made my night, mister!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by battycatlady
How is this thread still going?

@elliemayxo
How is this thread still going? It's not difficult. Paedophilla in itself, while ****ing weird to me, is not inherently wrong providing the person in question NEVER acts on it. In all honestly however, I do think it should be treated as a mental illness. And before someone comes along with 'but what about the gays?'- two queer people can consent, a child cannot. Anyone who wants to have sex with a minor needs help.

Anyway, to sum up, there is nothing wrong with paedophilla and we should do all we can to support and care for such people. But if they ever act on it, lock them up and throw away the key as there is no excuse.

Interestingly enough, it's never 'what about the heteros' :colonhash:
Original post by NishaaaR
So much bliss right now. Like, so much.

You've actually made my night, mister!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're welcome! :biggrin:
Reply 309
I think things that are wrong theoretically translate into bad outcomes in reality. In the case of paedophilia, I think it's wrong if paedophilic thoughts lead to the abuse of children, but not if a person is able to confine his or her thoughts to his- or herself, and not create any negative outcomes for children.

In any case, I think the current stance of our country on this subject is mad: if we want to protect children, we should offer support to would-be paedophiles, instead of demonising them and thereby encouraging them to build an identity around their unfortunate condition.
Original post by driftawaay
Interestingly enough, it's never 'what about the heteros' :colonhash:

Yupppp. Super annoying and kind of upsetting when LGBTQ+ folks are compared to paedophiles.

This is just about the nuances; where the emphasis lies.
I'd say "...should have help available to them" as opposed to "...needs help".

I deliberately decided to do this in a separate post, as it would have ruined the tone of the previous one.
Reply 312
Yupppp. Super annoying and kind of upsetting when LGBTQ+ folks are compared to paedophiles.

Pedophilia was heavily associated with the early gay rights movement, things like PIE and NAMBLA were some of the biggest organisations supporting the movement.
Wow. I never thought I could find such a glorious troll thread. It seems like my search is over.
Umm, I think that is a very heavy handed approach. I think medical and psychological care would be the first step. Not dismemberment.
Its not exactly helped by the fact that western adult women are so militant feminist. Its no wonder so many men drift in to nefarious activities or end up in Thailand.
Original post by BugzyMalone
Paedophillia is prevalent in the bible and occurs in Middle Eastern countries. Also we've become accepting of all sorts of bizarre sexual orientations- homosexuality, asexuality, necrophillia and beastiality. The fact these are all accepted as the norm these days in society raises a quietly controversial question- should our views on Paedophillia change?

since when was homosexuality bizarre. that's with two consenting adults or people of a similar age. how can you compare that with a vulnerable and helpless child who gives no consent and an adult?
no need to bump this 3 year old thread when we've already got an active thread of pedos.

this is not a line I expected to come out with.

Latest

Trending

Trending