The Student Room Group

American Football Talk II

Scroll to see replies

Hahaha.

Dave Rappoccio hits the nail on the head yet again with this... :') :')

fb-back-tdp.png
Original post by Wattsy
Dareus is the best player on the Bills and he's at a premium position so he deserves his payday. Kuechly is the best player on the Panthers at a less premium position so the same applies. I'd be scared of Eli's contract though. It's a what have you done for me lately league and Eli hasn't done enough.

Kuechly and Dareus do deserve their paydays. Eli does too. $20m a season is the going rate for a half decent QBs these days. I don't like it, because that sort of money should be reserved for the elites, but then again, Eli could play QB for another 8 years. It's a good move from the Giants.
@Wattsy Does it hurt seeing Scobee in a Steelers uniform? Or, is there an excitement over how good Myers might be because he was able to out-kick him?
Hightower came in with a big defensive play. Big Ben was just a statue in that pocket. 8 yard sack!
Reply 1284
Original post by jammy4041
@Wattsy Does it hurt seeing Scobee in a Steelers uniform? Or, is there an excitement over how good Myers might be because he was able to out-kick him?

I'm not old hat enough as a fan to get all gushy over Scobee so it doesn't hurt me no. He was great on Jaguars.com and in Duval community but he's not awesome as a kicker.

Shenanigans over these radio headsets. Why always Bill? Nate Solder is playing like an idiot by the way. Penalties after the play has passed him by!

Another miss! Poor Josh! I don't want to see the guy implode. It must be the Steelers; he used to love beating them. His best ever kick was a 59 yard game winner against Pittsburgh as time expired.
(edited 8 years ago)
Oh no.

Now, apparently the Steelers' coaches are getting Patriot Radio in their headset.

The stuff regarding the Patriots will never die at this rate.
#radiogate
Tommy and Jules get me so pumped
Original post by Wattsy
I'm not old hat enough as a fan to get all gushy over Scobee so it doesn't hurt me no. He was great on Jaguars.com and in Duval community but he's not awesome as a kicker.

Shenanigans over these radio headsets. Why always Bill? Nate Solder is playing like an idiot by the way. Penalties after the play has passed him by!

What Tomlin is going to say, will not be pretty, especially if there is any substance to this.

I have heard rumour that Peyton Manning and the offensive co-cordinator used to step outside the locker room to discuss the game plan when the Colts went to Foxborough.

I know a lot of teams will do their best to find advantages, but still.

Ryan Shazier looks very good right now. Talk about a big step forward.
Who leaves Gronk uncovered for a 16 yard TD?! I'll take the 7.6 fantasy points on that play though.

The No Huddle is looking dangerous. The Steelers have to execute better.
Scobee's 0/2 now. Wow.
Reply 1291
The Steelers D is at least as horrible as we thought it was going to be. They'll need the #1 scoring O to get anything done playing D like this.

Also glad I'm not playing Gronk this week, **** that. They're not even covering him!
(edited 8 years ago)
14 points off turnovers.

Missing field goals at Foxborough and giving Tom Brady short fields is only asking for trouble....

The Steelers need to finish their drives and score 7 quick to make a game of this.
Reply 1293
Original post by jammy4041
14 points off turnovers.

Missing field goals at Foxborough and giving Tom Brady short fields is only asking for trouble....

The Steelers need to finish their drives and score 7 quick to make a game of this.

Roethlisberger to Brown in the red zone for a TD. Book it! They aren't kicking another field goal in the 40-50 range that's for sure!

Edit: I am biased as hell. I need fantasy points in my other league.

At 9-14 Pittsburgh are in the game. You can't leave points on the field in Foxborough.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Wattsy
Roethlisberger to Brown in the red zone for a TD. Book it! They aren't kicking another field goal in the 40-50 range that's for sure!

Edit: I am biased as hell. I need fantasy points in my other league.

Haha. In the TSR league I have Gronk, but I'm against my friend who has Gronk in one league, and another who has Antonio Brown and Tom Brady. It'll be tough. But, ha, I'll just have to trust my teams!

Brown's been good in coverage so far. Very impressed with him. He plays the WR and the ball, and isn't interested in the reading the QB like a lot of DBs
DHB. That's a gimme. Bradley "Burnt Toast" Fletcher gives you a free chance at getting a TD, and YOUR FOOT IS ON THE CHALK?!?!

Also, I can see why the time out was saved, but wow, that was awful.
That's awfully nice of Sky to rub it in.

Quit it.

We know the only coverage available on FTA television will be a crummy highlights package on the BBC from November, and minimal Superbowl coverage, but, there's no need to rub it in like that. 9 hours of Neil Reynolds...oh god...in the name of all that is holy, I hope that never happens.

Also, "America's Game" is Baseball. Always has been, always will be. I love Football but it will never be America's Game to the same extent as Baseball.
Cba staying up to watch the game since I'm up at pre 6am for work...

Decent opening game from what I hear.

In selfish news, very glad I started Brady at QB in fantasy and my Antonio Brown pick at the bottom of the first round, after all the decent RBs had gone, isn't looking so bad now.

Quick Reply

Latest