The Student Room Group

The console that makes you are true gamer

Poll

True gamer console

I'm just doing a quick survey for someone.

Spoiler

I think once owning a cartridge console makes you a true gamer, my friend says PC.

Scroll to see replies

I don't really get what "true gamer" is really :erm: Whenever anyone puts "true" in front of these terms, it just means they feel threatened their hobby has become slightly popular, so feel the need to get defensive, hipster and pretentious to give themselves some sort of superiority over others :tongue:
PC Master Race checking in here. Praise Gaben
Reply 3
Tamagotchi, all the way . ^-^

Posted from TSR Mobile
owning an arcade machine makes you a true gamer
Do you own something capable of playing games? Do you play games on that thing? If you answered yes to both of those questions then congratulations, you are a gamer. Whether or not you're a "true" gamer depends on the level of snobbery of the person asking the question.
Reply 6
The PC is probably considered the ultimate gamers console because of its unlimited capabilities. You can also emulate most of the other consoles on that list on a PC.
Reply 7
Original post by somemightsay888
I don't really get what "true gamer" is really :erm: Whenever anyone puts "true" in front of these terms, it just means they feel threatened their hobby has become slightly popular, so feel the need to get defensive, hipster and pretentious to give themselves some sort of superiority over others :tongue:

I probably am using it as a phrase to say "if you haven't played this console, then your gaming life isn't complete"

Not the literal like 'true believer', 'true lover', 'real fan', etc.
I should have rephrased it :frown: Oh well :colone:
(edited 8 years ago)
PC. Theres so many reasons to play games on PC and so many to not play on Console, sure the hardware might be more expensive, but in the end its worth it because you get more sales, more games, Mods, more frequent update, better sound and so many other reasons. But if you wanna play on console, do so. But you cant really say "I play for graphics" if you're a console gamer.
Reply 9
N64 mate. Best console with the best games ever.
Original post by LeyK
I probably am using it as a phrase to say "if you haven't played this console, then your gaming life isn't complete"

That's a really weird definition :lolwut:
Xbox360 with Halo 3 was my life.
Nothing is "true", everything is permitted.
Reply 13
Little call them A, little call them B :tongue:
Reply 14
Original post by StolenPrivacy
PC Master Race checking in here. Praise Gaben

Gabe, Gabe, Gabe, Gaben
-ben, -ben, -ben, Gabe
Gabe, Gabe, Gaben
Ben-ben, Gaben, Gaben
Reply 15
Nintendo Sixty Fooooooooooooooooooooour

[video="youtube;pFlcqWQVVuU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU[/video]
The SNES and game boy black and white/ colour edition. I have them all somewhere in the house

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's all been downhill since the Commodore 64.
Reply 18
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Nothing is "true", everything is permitted.

Well, apart from the wii
Reply 19
I can't believe I forgot about the GameBoy.
But I would still go for the SNES

Quick Reply

Latest