The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3400
Original post by Excuse Me!
I wish Austin had asked that directly but from what Austin did ask Christian in the interview it seemed as though he'd retired.

Yeah. He's gone. Would've thought he'll be in the HOF class next year, or 2017.

Original post by ArsenalWenger
Bet Vince was fuming when they mentioned hogan haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought that too.

Original post by GetOverHere
Agree, all he's wrestled are squash matches and a few proper matches, that's it. However, Strowman bypassed NXT so we can't assume that all new main roster superstars will come via NXT.

I agree, but Ambrose already carries Reigns - can he afford to carry somebody else so green in the ring?

Original post by Excuse Me!
The Edge DVD does a good job of the Edge/ Matt controversy. As does the WWE Rivalries episode and the dvd: Ultimate Insiders: Hardy Boys: Behind The Enigma gives the most detail I've found albeit only from Matts perspective if you want to know more on it.

That Rivalries episode on the Network was great. I hope they do more of them.
Original post by Mackay

I agree, but Ambrose already carries Reigns - can he afford to carry somebody else so green in the ring?

He really doesn't though
Reply 3402
Original post by Depleted
He really doesn't though

Oh, in tag matches he does for sure.
Original post by Mackay
Oh, in tag matches he does for sure.

Reigns has developed his move-set incredibly well, most of his PPV matches this year were the best of the night (including one with Big Show no less), it's only smarks who spout that crap anymore
Reply 3404
Reigns has developed his move-set incredibly well, most of his PPV matches this year were the best of the night (including one with Big Show no less), it's only smarks who spout that crap anymore

Yeah, but that's what I'm saying. He looked strong against Lesnar, and against Show, but in tag-teams he is carried by Ambrose. There's no denying that. On RAW, and SmackDown, he takes the hot tag after Ambrose toils and inevitably reels off his signature moves - the Superman punch, maybe a Samoan drop, and the spear - and gets the win.

That isn't helping Ambrose, or Reigns. The fans pine for Ambrose as he's a fan favourite, and Reigns just popping up to do a few signatures and get the win isn't helping him win over the IWC.

If somebody else green was in a three-man tag-team, Ambrose would effectively be doing triple the work. That makes no sense to me. They should use Rowan, Orton, Bryan... anybody else.
Original post by Mackay
Yeah, but that's what I'm saying. He looked strong against Lesnar, and against Show, but in tag-teams he is carried by Ambrose. There's no denying that. On RAW, and SmackDown, he takes the hot tag after Ambrose toils and inevitably reels off his signature moves - the Superman punch, maybe a Samoan drop, and the spear - and gets the win.

That isn't helping Ambrose, or Reigns. The fans pine for Ambrose as he's a fan favourite, and Reigns just popping up to do a few signatures and get the win isn't helping him win over the IWC.

If somebody else green was in a three-man tag-team, Ambrose would effectively be doing triple the work. That makes no sense to me. They should use Rowan, Orton, Bryan... anybody else.

Oh I see what you mean, my bad. Come to think of it that does usually happen. It's a poor rivalry for me tbh, think Shield-Wyatt feud has been done to death and they should just move on.
Reply 3406
Oh I see what you mean, my bad. Come to think of it that does usually happen. It's a poor rivalry for me tbh, think Shield-Wyatt feud has been done to death and they should just move on.

No worries, pal. I got what you meant. I was too ambiguous, that's why I clarified it.

Man, I'm sick of it too. Ambrose needs a heel turn - and quick. I thought SummerSlam was the time.
Original post by Mackay
No worries, pal. I got what you meant. I was too ambiguous, that's why I clarified it.

Man, I'm sick of it too. Ambrose needs a heel turn - and quick. I thought SummerSlam was the time.

Yeah they need new directions for sure. Think Reigns is ready to move back up the card a little, probably should stay away from the title for a while as Rollins will probably hold it (or Sheamus or Sting will be starting out), a feud with Cena would be good and he wouldn't even need to turn heel (imagine the support he'd get for going over against Cena).
Reply 3409
SmackDown aired a ten minute recap of RAW in the middle of the episode. **** me, it's sinked to new depths.

Yeah they need new directions for sure. Think Reigns is ready to move back up the card a little, probably should stay away from the title for a while as Rollins will probably hold it (or Sheamus or Sting will be starting out), a feud with Cena would be good and he wouldn't even need to turn heel (imagine the support he'd get for going over against Cena).

Ambrose is the most over person in the company. Makes no sense that he's not in the main event title feud.

Great news.
Original post by Mackay
SmackDown aired a ten minute recap of RAW in the middle of the episode. **** me, it's sinked to new depths.

Ambrose is the most over person in the company. Makes no sense that he's not in the main event title feud.

Great news.

True but it looks like Rollins is going to at least the Rumble with the belt, and Ambrose taking more losses to him will just piss off fans.
Reply 3411
True but it looks like Rollins is going to at least the Rumble with the belt, and Ambrose taking more losses to him will just piss off fans.

Indeed. A heel Ambrose is money. I think the same about Reigns, too.

Interestingly, everyone is saying how great it is that Cesaro is finally being pushed, but if you look at his TV win-loss record, he's on 3-9. That's not good. It's better than he was, sure, but it's not ideal.

Owens seems headed for a feud with Ryback - which is sensible - but Cesaro should be in the midcard picture, too. He and Owens could have such good 15-minute matches.
Original post by Mackay
Indeed. A heel Ambrose is money. I think the same about Reigns, too.

Interestingly, everyone is saying how great it is that Cesaro is finally being pushed, but if you look at his TV win-loss record, he's on 3-9. That's not good. It's better than he was, sure, but it's not ideal.

Owens seems headed for a feud with Ryback - which is sensible - but Cesaro should be in the midcard picture, too. He and Owens could have such good 15-minute matches.

I think for a guy like Cesaro his W/L ratio is less important (though what you said has crossed my mind recently), he's an underdog who can get over with fans without going over other superstars (losses for Owens hurt him more than Cesaro e.g.). I'm not too sure of his mic skills, but in-ring him vs Rollins would be an awesome title match.

Bit early, but predictions for the Rumble? Ambrose is surely a favourite for it, don't want to see Lesnar win it. Bryan would be interesting...
Reply 3413
I think for a guy like Cesaro his W/L ratio is less important (though what you said has crossed my mind recently), he's an underdog who can get over with fans without going over other superstars (losses for Owens hurt him more than Cesaro e.g.). I'm not too sure of his mic skills, but in-ring him vs Rollins would be an awesome title match.

Bit early, but predictions for the Rumble? Ambrose is surely a favourite for it, don't want to see Lesnar win it. Bryan would be interesting...

I agree that losses would hurt Owens much more at this stage, but I just wish they gave Cesaro a programme which actually elevated him. I'm unsure what he's getting from wrestling the Miz, to be honest.

His mic skills are poor. There's no denying that - and even the most passionate member of the Cesaro Section can't say otherwise. You're absolutely right.

Predictions for the Rumble is tough. I'd actually back Reigns to do a double, though. I'm being genuinely serious, too. There's a lack of credible winners, unless they give it Cena and let him beat Flair's record at WM32.
Reply 3414
Samoa Joe needs to turn heel on Balor in this tag-team tournament. I think that much is clear.

Elsewhere, Jericho was up against Kevin Owens at a WWE live event last night. Great stuff.
Reply 3415
Big rumour doing the rounds that Rollins and Cena's US Championship match will close Night of Champions, and NOT the bout for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship that Rollins has with Sting.

I'd be amazed if Rollins didn't drop the former belt to Cena. He'll beat Sting, probably in a shady finish, because even one clean win - and especially two clean wins - makes it nigh on impossible for Rollins to be booked as a cowardly heel moving forward.
WWE and its views on racism really baffle me.

They almost kicked a new NXT Diva out (Jasmine) because she said the N word on twitter a few years ago.

Yet Jasmine is Arabic and they called her finisher the "Magic Carpet Ride".

:facepalm:
Reply 3417
Sting will be appearing on RAW tonight, apparently. Unsure WWE had any other choice with this weekend's match booked.

Rollins will drop the US title, of course, but seeing him defend both titles successfully would be unforgettable. It would bring us a reminder of Jericho's feat back in 2001.
Original post by Mackay
Sting will be appearing on RAW tonight, apparently. Unsure WWE had any other choice with this weekend's match booked.

Rollins will drop the US title, of course, but seeing him defend both titles successfully would be unforgettable. It would bring us a reminder of Jericho's feat back in 2001.

Tbh Im just really uninterested in Sting his debut, debut match and return were soo good but I just have no interest because I know he isnt going to win and wont do much except be used to beef ratings and sales.

WWE will never do credible things except put him against good wrestlers or in main events
Reply 3419
Original post by heavyhandscott
Tbh Im just really uninterested in Sting his debut, debut match and return were soo good but I just have no interest because I know he isnt going to win and wont do much except be used to beef ratings and sales.

WWE will never do credible things except put him against good wrestlers or in main events

The main issue is that we all know he won't be winning. WWE has done him no favours by portraying him in this cheeky, jokey depiction either.

They've made a mistake by going with the TNA version of the character. Sting's gimmick was at its strongest last year, with solid booking at Survivor Series etc, but this year they've made him too Cena-lite.

Quick Reply

Latest