The Student Room Group

Lying on ucas form

I was looking at Surrey university for economics and politics, they require grade A at GCSE but i achieved grade B...one mark from an A. I called and they said they may allow it but 90% wont..i reslly really like the university and I'm predicted AAA...should I lie about the grade on my UCAS form or should I apply with a B and see if i get the offer?

PLEASE REPLY
Original post by Prina_R
I was looking at Surrey university for economics and politics, they require grade A at GCSE but i achieved grade B...one mark from an A. I called and they said they may allow it but 90% wont..i reslly really like the university and I'm predicted AAA...should I lie about the grade on my UCAS form or should I apply with a B and see if i get the offer?

PLEASE REPLY

Lmao what do you think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by midgemeister7
Lmao what do you think

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well if you weren't gonna help me or reply with a normal answer then you shouldn't have even spoke on this thread.
Original post by Prina_R

PLEASE REPLY

ask advice advice from your college/school cos they're the ones that already know your grades
No, don't lie. Very easy to get caught out and if you do, it could affect all your Uni applications.
Reply 5
Original post by Prina_R
Well if you weren't gonna help me or reply with a normal answer then you shouldn't have even spoke on this thread.

Although cheating, its not that bad if you lie about achieving an A
Don't lie. You may well be asked to provide a copy of your certificates upon enrollment. You will lose your place and not be able to attend uni if this happens.
Original post by Prina_R

PLEASE REPLY

I was asked to provide evidence of my GCSE grades once I accepted the offer from my uni so don't see how you would get away with lying,
Don't lie. A girl in my sixth form did, UCAS found out, and she was banned from applying through it for 3 years.
Reply 9
they will need confirmation from you school/college and may even ask you to provide your certificates so its not worth it as you will get caught
They can ask to see your exam certificate so don't lie. You could write on your form if there's space that it was 1 mark off an A.

X post with 3/4 posters above me lol.
Simple, just don't... But if you're desperate enough, ask around and see if a letter of recommendation works, and if it works, just get one from your previous tutor, i knew a friend who did that lol...
Original post by Prina_R

PLEASE REPLY
Of course you shouldn't lie - and you know it (I hope).

You can ask your referee to mention in your reference that you were one mark off the A grade, if that is the case.
Original post by Prina_R

PLEASE REPLY

If you want to get banned from going to University then sure, go do so.

Don't even bother, they will find out/
Reply 14
Do you think I'll get an offer with predicted grades AAA in economics, politics and sociology ?
Lying on your ucas is committing fraud and they can take your university place off you if they were to find out which they would at some point, your referee is meant to check your grades when you send your application to them so it's not just yourself who would get in trouble for doing so.
If you're willing to commit fraud and get banned from applying to UCAS again for how many years, then yeah.
Original post by Prina_R
Do you think I'll get an offer with predicted grades AAA in economics, politics and sociology ?

Probably not - requirements are normally requirements and they'll want evidence that you're competent enough in Maths to cope with the course. Contact them and ask if they'd be willing to make you a conditional offer if you re-sat your Maths GCSE.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending