The Student Room Group

Business homework :(

I just had one of my first business lessons, I didn't do GCSE, but we got given a case study-like question where we have to examine the factors that might influence the success of the business in the above case study.

As I didn't do GCSE business, and my teacher didn't explain anything to do with this, but I am not sure how to approach the question or how to structure it?

Would anyone who has any idea or suggestions be able to help me? :smile:

THANK YOU!!
Original post by 10jero
I just had one of my first business lessons, I didn't do GCSE, but we got given a case study-like question where we have to examine the factors that might influence the success of the business in the above case study.

As I didn't do GCSE business, and my teacher didn't explain anything to do with this, but I am not sure how to approach the question or how to structure it?

Would anyone who has any idea or suggestions be able to help me? :smile:

THANK YOU!!

Hi 10jero,

First of all, if you study business roughly 90% of the homework will involve the case studies. Since I don't know the case and what exactly you are asked I can only give you general tips on how I usually approach any case study.
Before reading the actual text, read all the questions after it, so you'll have an idea what to focus on, while reading. Afterward, read the text with the highlighter and mark the relevant phrases. When you finished reading, I suggest make a list of the bullet point, where you express your ideas (for example what influence the success of the business) and justify each point with the idea or quotation from the text.

Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by Igor_Sukhorukov
Hi 10jero,

First of all, if you study business roughly 90% of the homework will involve the case studies. Since I don't know the case and what exactly you are asked I can only give you general tips on how I usually approach any case study.
Before reading the actual text, read all the questions after it, so you'll have an idea what to focus on, while reading. Afterward, read the text with the highlighter and mark the relevant phrases. When you finished reading, I suggest make a list of the bullet point, where you express your ideas (for example what influence the success of the business) and justify each point with the idea or quotation from the text.

Hope this helps!

Thank you!!
Yes that seems very logical and may make it easier to understand aswell, thank you for your help I was so lost. Sucks when you have a teacher who assumes everyone knows what she is talking about!
Thank you again :smile:
Original post by 10jero
Thank you!!
Yes that seems very logical and may make it easier to understand aswell, thank you for your help I was so lost. Sucks when you have a teacher who assumes everyone knows what she is talking about!
Thank you again :smile:

You are welcome! It is definitely a good thing, as you asked now, right at the beginning. I mean, when I started to study business and management I had no clue how to do approach case study questions it took me several months to get the technic. But you have a privilege to know the basics straight from September! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending