The Student Room Group

Fear everyone hates me?

Does anyone else have this?
I have this fear almost constant that Iam not liked. If my work collegues don't respond in a way I would expect i immediately think they dislike me or I have done something wrong. It makes me feel really bad and I go over and over in my head how I would of come across in previous situations to get this result of them not liking me. For example my collegue said goodbye to my boss and he got a good response from them, then I said goodbye and I got a low 'bye' back. Not as cheerful. This immediatly makes ME think I've done something wrong and that my boss dislikes me. I then go over the entire day and my interactions and what I did to try and work out why he doesn't like me.
I am a shy person and feel more confident around certain people than I do with others. A lot of the time I don't know how to respond to situations and I just smile. I smile a lot actually but iam also quite a serious person sometimes.
Does anyone else feel like this, is it normal, or am I overthinking? I have been told by my parents I overthink in general.
Thanks,
Original post by Anonymous
I have this fear almost constant that Iam not liked. If my work collegues don't respond in a way I would expect i immediately think they dislike me or I have done something wrong. It makes me feel really bad and I go over and over in my head how I would of come across in previous situations to get this result of them not liking me. For example my collegue said goodbye to my boss and he got a good response from them, then I said goodbye and I got a low 'bye' back. Not as cheerful. This immediatly makes ME think I've done something wrong and that my boss dislikes me. I then go over the entire day and my interactions and what I did to try and work out why he doesn't like me.
I am a shy person and feel more confident around certain people than I do with others. A lot of the time I don't know how to respond to situations and I just smile. I smile a lot actually but iam also quite a serious person sometimes.
Does anyone else feel like this, is it normal, or am I overthinking? I have been told by my parents I overthink in general.
Thanks,

Don't worry. I'm just the same :smile:
I love you both passionately.
When you have this kind of fear it's most likely you don't have a good opinion of yourself. Your fear of people hating you is only because you do it too...
I know what you mean, I think it's down to our over-thinking. I do it a lot but I'm trying to work on it. I think as long as we love ourselves, we shouldn't care what others think. Easier said than done :erm:
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks,

I have this fear. Its usually anxiety.
Speaking to friends can ease it or thrusting yourself into social situations.

Overthinking can also be the cause and I understand exactly how you feel since I do it to. That's why alcohol is great, not that I advise you get drunk all the time or anything :^)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending