The Student Room Group

Eye Contact

At my work, it's a professional job so we all have to dress smart and I look quite sharp in a suit but 2 or 3 times in my first week I've locked eyes with a girl for 2-3 seconds and I smiled and she smiled back.

It's only my first week but I'm not sure what to think of it. Is she just being friendly and is it a coincidence that we've locked eyes?

I'm really not sure
I would not dwell on this matter because you have a job to do. Not performing in your job is your P45 for you.
You are reading too much into it.... smile back, maybe say hello but you are at work.
Reply 3
Original post by StevePownall
You are reading too much into it.... smile back, maybe say hello but you are at work.

We've had some small talk in between on lunch breaks but obviously it's awkward to dive in on a full on chat with a work colleague
I often smile at people / have people smile at me - it doesn't mean anything in my opinion.
She probably has a boyfriend.
Reply 6
She's being friendly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rmhumphries
I often smile at people / have people smile at me - it doesn't mean anything in my opinion.

Same here, although it tends to be the former in my case.
Original post by thenextone
At my work, it's a professional job so we all have to dress smart and I look quite sharp in a suit but 2 or 3 times in my first week I've locked eyes with a girl for 2-3 seconds and I smiled and she smiled back.

It's only my first week but I'm not sure what to think of it. Is she just being friendly and is it a coincidence that we've locked eyes?

I'm really not sure

Keep Work and private life (including intimate relationships) separate!

G
You need to be careful as some employers will take exception to employees carrying on their private relationships at work. And, you can be sure that if you are a new employee, your peers, managers will have already noticed! Ask her out, don't jeopardise your foundling relationship with her during working hours.
Original post by thenextone
We've had some small talk in between on lunch breaks but obviously it's awkward to dive in on a full on chat with a work colleague

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending