The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by vis break
To gas them up so they try and get it on with the piff boys. but they butters so they cant and its bare funny. so the girls laugh at that butters chick.

girls are savage lmfao

:rofl:

yee but why do girls also say 6-7/10 celebrity chicks are hot when they arent... its trying to lower the standards

worst example is girls with no boobs saying celebrities with no boobs like keira knightley have the best figures and those with big boobs look "trashy". obviously its subjective but lmao girls are savage
maybe they do it bc 'average/ugly girls don't get told that enough ???
Reply 22
Original post by booksandcats
maybe they do it bc 'average/ugly girls don't get told that enough ???

Well that is a nice thing to do IMO, but also cruel, at my school some popular (overweight) girls told another overweight girl she should ask out a hot guy and he rejected her nastily

Also girls have different taste to guys but even girls know too much makeup or tarty lipstick looks horrible, why do girls say to other girls they look nice with that on.
Vicarious narcissism.
Original post by Meninism
:rofl:

yee but why do girls also say 6-7/10 celebrity chicks are hot when they arent... its trying to lower the standards

worst example is girls with no boobs saying celebrities with no boobs like keira knightley have the best figures and those with big boobs look "trashy". obviously its subjective but lmao girls are savage

cuz they double up as ironing boards.

>wake up
>8:21am
>work starts at 9:00am
>oh****.jpg
>run into shower
>dry myself off
>start getting dressed
>only shirt is wrinkly
>leliampoor.gif
>random Keira Knightley appears
>bends over backwards
>lets me use her ribs as a shirt press
>go to work
>make it just in time
>It's sunday.
Reply 25
Original post by vis break
cuz they double up as ironing boards.

>wake up
>8:21am
>work starts at 9:00am
>oh****.jpg
>run into shower
>dry myself off
>start getting dressed
>only shirt is wrinkly
>leliampoor.gif
>random Keira Knightley appears
>bends over backwards
>lets me use her ribs as a shirt press
>go to work
>make it just in time
>It's sunday.

:toofunny:
:toofunny:

if thats not sarcastic, rep me
Reply 27
Didn't read the OP. But, it's because these 'hot' girls tend to have slapped on makeup, lots of colour flying all over the place, and lots of product on too, even the girls with the no makeup look. Us girls can tell what a slapped on girl looks like without makeup and so we base our opinion on that, well I do.

I don't find Kim Kardashian attractive at all, I never did. Nor do I find Nikki Minaj hot. Why? Because if you get rid of all that surgery, and rid of all that makeup, they'd be very average looking at best.

Chelsea Kane, and Rachel Riley on the other hand, we can tell what they would look like without makeup - they'd look amazing. They look amazing because they have the type of face that doesn't 'need' makeup. Whereas these hot girls you speak of, need makeup to look hot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would turn gay for Christiano Ronaldo.

No homo
I read somewhere (think it was in social psychology) that women employers are more likely to employ a LESS attractive woman because they don't want this employee to upstage her in terms of attractiveness. Men are more likely to employ a typically attractive woman than an unattractive one.

Think a lot of it is to do with jealousy.
Reply 30
Original post by PusE
Didn't read the OP. But, it's because these 'hot' girls tend to have slapped on makeup, lots of colour flying all over the place, and lots of product on too, even the girls with the no makeup look. Us girls can tell what a slapped on girl looks like without makeup and so we base our opinion on that, well I do.

I don't find Kim Kardashian attractive at all, I never did. Nor do I find Nikki Minaj hot. Why? Because if you get rid of all that surgery, and rid of all that makeup, they'd be very average looking at best.

Chelsea Kane, and Rachel Riley on the other hand, we can tell what they would look like without makeup - they'd look amazing. They look amazing because they have the type of face that doesn't 'need' makeup. Whereas these hot girls you speak of, need makeup to look hot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am not talking about complimenting Chelsea Kane and Rachel Riley, most guys think they are hot? More like lena dunham lol.
Reply 31
Original post by Jabberwox
I read somewhere (think it was in social psychology) that women employers are more likely to employ a LESS attractive woman because they don't want this employee to upstage her in terms of attractiveness. Men are more likely to employ a typically attractive woman than an unattractive one.

Think a lot of it is to do with jealousy.

Yes possibly. :yep:

Even the girls who dont say more attractive celebrities are "hot", will go on the "less attractive" celebrities for ages
Reply 32
I am not talking about complimenting Chelsea Kane and Rachel Riley, most guys think they are hot? More like lena dunham lol.

Firstly, beauty is subjective.
Secondly, I just googled her and she's not what I would regard as hot but I'll give an explanation for those who may think she is. It's the same reason as what I originally posted - whether she's wearing makeup or not, there's no real big difference, we can tell what she looks like without makeup. She's not putting on a fake face when wearing makeup.

But yeah, I wouldn't say she's hot :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes possibly. :yep:

Even the girls who dont say more attractive celebrities are "hot", will go on the "less attractive" celebrities for ages

A female celebrity who I think is incredibly pretty is Taissa Farmiga (from American Horror Story) even though most people I've spoken to think she is average and not that attractive at all. And its because I genuinely think she is attractive, not because she's 'on par' with me (she's a hell of a lot prettier than I am).

Megan Fox, Mila Kunis, Angelina Jolie and all the usual pin-ups etc. I personally find very overrated.

So idk if it's applicable to everyone.
Reply 34
Original post by Jabberwox
A female celebrity who I think is incredibly pretty is Taissa Farmiga (from American Horror Story) even though most people I've spoken to think she is average and not that attractive at all. And its because I genuinely think she is attractive, not because she's 'on par' with me (she's a hell of a lot prettier than I am).

Megan Fox, Mila Kunis, Angelina Jolie and all the usual pin-ups etc. I personally find very overrated.

So idk if it's applicable to everyone.

I wouldnt say shes on par with Megan Fox but she is definitely good looking IMO, your friends have high standards

@ChickenMadness if you look like irina shayk PM me (no homo)
I usually complement girls who aren't conventionally beautiful, but are still stunning in their own way. I can't explain it really
The fallacy of the question is the assumption, albeit wrongly, that all girls are the same. Please correct logic and try again :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by thecatwithnohat
I usually complement girls who aren't conventionally beautiful, but are still stunning in their own way. I can't explain it really

Examples?

Gazzaaa
The fallacy of the question is the assumption, albeit wrongly, that all girls are the same. Please correct logic and try again

0/10 :smug:
Isn't it stupid and so ridiculous that there's all this conversation on how attractive a girl is? Our culture really sucks.
Maybe a girl would feel (unnecessarily) intimidated by someone who our culture defines as attractive, and so wouldn't feel confident enough complementing them. It's not always about competition and jealousy, you know.
Maybe they compliment girls that you personally don't find attractive to fight the way our culture has created this stupid judgemental concept of an ideal person, based on a false, photoshopped image.
It's really good to appreciate beauty, but it's the 'judging people based on looks' thing that people think is overrated, rather than the celebrities themselves. The fact is that everyone is beautiful. You are beautiful.
There are so many aspects of beauty, and our culture still emphasises the physical side way too much. Wouldn't a world full of kind hearts be so much better than a world full of people who just look like culture tells them they should?
Reply 39
Original post by Pointlesssuggery
Isn't it stupid and so ridiculous that there's all this conversation on how attractive a girl is? Our culture really sucks.
Maybe a girl would feel (unnecessarily) intimidated by someone who our culture defines as attractive, and so wouldn't feel confident enough complementing them. It's not always about competition and jealousy, you know.
Maybe they compliment girls that you personally don't find attractive to fight the way our culture has created this stupid judgemental concept of an ideal person, based on a false, photoshopped image.
It's really good to appreciate beauty, but it's the 'judging people based on looks' thing that people think is overrated, rather than the celebrities themselves. The fact is that everyone is beautiful. You are beautiful.
There are so many aspects of beauty, and our culture still emphasises the physical side way too much. Wouldn't a world full of kind hearts be so much better than a world full of people who just look like culture tells them they should?

good post so repping but then why mention beauty at all?

Latest