The Student Room Group

Question regarding AS grades and application

So for my AS results I achieved BBDE (both Bs being close to an A)- dropping the subject I got an E in (Chemistry). I hope to get AAB/ABB next year for the subjects I'm still carrying on with.
I am also doing the graded Welsh Bac qualification where I aim to get an A/A* in.
Now- my question is: with my UCAS application, when I put my AS cash-in grade (E), would it damage my application even if I got predicted the grades I am personally aiming for?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Mister Triaa
So for my AS results I achieved BBDE (both Bs being close to an A)- dropping the subject I got an E in (Chemistry). I hope to get AAB/ABB next year for the subjects I'm still carrying on with.
I am also doing the graded Welsh Bac qualification where I aim to get an A/A* in.
Now- my question is: with my UCAS application, when I put my AS cash-in grade (E), would it damage my application even if I got predicted the grades I am personally aiming for?

If you're applying for chemistry or related then yes it would have a negative effect. If you're applying for other subjects then it's unlikely to matter - your other grades are significantly better so show it's just a blip.
Original post by Juno
If you're applying for chemistry or related then yes it would have a negative effect. If you're applying for other subjects then it's unlikely to matter - your other grades are significantly better so show it's just a blip.

Thank you. I was a bit worried about it since results day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending