The Student Room Group

Ask me anything about A Levels

Completed my A Levels going to University - What it says on the tin!
Reply 1
What A-Levels did you take with which exam boards? Which University course are you going to study?
Are A levels honestly far harder than gcses
If you did economics can you check this out? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by PrinceAli

There's only one straight answer to this, YES. From what I've already seen having been studying my subjects for around a week and looking into the future content of the syllabus they are hard. If you underestimate this then you will undoubtedly fail.
Reply 5
How to get the best A-level grades you can?
Reply 6
Original post by PrinceAli

yes, this was just me but i revised for one GCSE exam about 4 nights before exam and got full marks whilst for A2 History revised months before and got an A. Start revising fully around February/March but always go over your notes weekly
Reply 7
Original post by sarskinz
How to get the best A-level grades you can?

Listen to the teachers, research around subject, stay organised and start may/june revision in February/March time
Reply 8
Original post by Jack_devin
There's only one straight answer to this, YES. From what I've already seen having been studying my subjects for around a week and looking into the future content of the syllabus they are hard. If you underestimate this then you will undoubtedly fail.

yes don't underestimate your subject's but if you listen carefully and do proper revision there is no reason why one cannot be successful
Reply 9
What A-Levels did you take with which exam boards? Which University course are you going to study?

History, Geography, Philosophy and Ethics, Geography all Edexcel par R.S.

I am studying Ancient History at the University of Birmingham. But i was originally going to do straight History but changed
Reply 10
Original post by Connman123
History, Geography, Philosophy and Ethics, Geography all Edexcel par R.S.

I am studying Ancient History at the University of Birmingham. But i was originally going to do straight History but changed

How long did you revise for per subject per week around February and onwards?
Reply 11
How long did you revise for per subject per week around February and onwards?

I didn't go by per hour. I did what had to be done but probably around 10+
Any tips on Philosophy A level?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How much do unis take GCSEs into consideration? I achieved 2a's 3b's and 5c's which is terrible however I believe k didn't work to my potential. I believe this year I can achieve AAAB if I work really hard.
Also are a levels highly memory based even with essay based subjects? I'm considering memorising content now but I'm not sure if it will be useful, thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you think 11 A*s and predicted 4A*s at A2 will be enough for me to apply for Oxford?
Reply 15
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
Do you think 11 A*s and predicted 4A*s at A2 will be enough for me to apply for Oxford?

love your banter, i'm sure it will
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne

Haha you must be joking. No way.
Reply 17
Original post by cathartic
How much do unis take GCSEs into consideration? I achieved 2a's 3b's and 5c's which is terrible however I believe k didn't work to my potential. I believe this year I can achieve AAAB if I work really hard.
Also are a levels highly memory based even with essay based subjects? I'm considering memorising content now but I'm not sure if it will be useful, thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

GCSE's are now really obsolete apart from English and Maths, if your applying to Oxbridge. If you say you will really hard then there is no reason why one cannot achieve grades stated. However believe is one thing putting it into action is another
Reply 18
Original post by The_Philosopher
Any tips on Philosophy A level?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Read books such as " The Republic". You will understand philosophers views better. Do practice essays all the time. I did plenty and got A and B's at AS. Listen to teachers, keep notes organised.

Quick Reply

Latest