The Student Room Group

Nottingham A100 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Hey I nee someone to tell me if im in with a chance at nottsI have 6A* 2A 2B in GCSE I also got 675 in UKCAT with:VR - 610 QR - 790 AR - 650 DA - 650 SJT - Band 2 . So my overall score without personal statement is 44, I found out that this is good enough to get me into the top 50%I know my personal statement is really good so is my chances of getting an interview ok if I score about 13/14 out of 16 in the personal statement to give me an overall score of about 60. I need help asap
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by hussain17
Hey I nee someone to tell me if im in with a chance at nottsI have 6A* 2A 2B in GCSE I also got 675 in UKCAT with:VR - 610 QR - 790 AR - 650 DA - 650 SJT - Band 2 . So my overall score without personal statement is 44, I found out that this is good enough to get me into the top 50%I know my personal statement is really good so is my chances of getting an interview ok if I score about 13/14 out of 16 in the personal statement to give me an overall score of about 60. I need help asap

A score of 44 may not get you into the academic cut off, as the cut off last year was 44, I think, and that was without the SJT points being taken into account, as Pearson Vue messed the SJT up last year so said the scores were not valid.
Original post by GANFYD
A score of 44 may not get you into the academic cut off, as the cut off last year was 44, I think, and that was without the SJT points being taken into account, as Pearson Vue messed the SJT up last year so said the scores were not valid.
But I called the admissions team and they said last year to be above the top 50% u needed 34 last year
But I called the admissions team and they said last year to be above the top 50% u needed 34 last year

Not gonna argue with what you were told, but pretty sure it was 44 last year for A100 (which would be the equivalent to 46/47 with SJT added in). 34 would mean a sub 600 UKCAT, 3 A*s and 4 A's would get you on to the next stage, and fairly sure it wouldn't! Have a trawl through the earlier pages of this thread and you'll probably find the cut off in their somewhere.
Original post by GANFYD
Not gonna argue with what you were told, but pretty sure it was 44 last year for A100 (which would be the equivalent to 46/47 with SJT added in). 34 would mean a sub 600 UKCAT, 3 A*s and 4 A's would get you on to the next stage, and fairly sure it wouldn't! Have a trawl through the earlier pages of this thread and you'll probably find the cut off in their somewhere.
Sorry, I recalled and found out it was actually a score of 39 that would put u in the top 50% last year
Sorry, I recalled and found out it was actually a score of 39 that would put u in the top 50% last year

Hi

I have just calculated my score GCSE 6 A* and 6A gets me 6*2+2*1 = 14 points
UKCAT (VR 640 QR 730 AR 810 and DA 740) gets me 7+8+9+8 = 32 points plus SJT Band2 = 2 points Total = 32+2+14 = 48 points Out off maximum of 55.

Do I stand a chance??
Looking forward to your reply/advice.
Hi

I have just calculated my score GCSE 6 A* and 6A gets me 6*2+2*1 = 14 points
UKCAT (VR 640 QR 730 AR 810 and DA 740) gets me 7+8+9+8 = 32 points plus SJT Band2 = 2 points Total = 32+2+14 = 48 points Out off maximum of 55.

Do I stand a chance??
Looking forward to your reply/advice
Original post by nomita
HiI have just calculated my score GCSE 6 A* and 6A gets me 6*2+2*1 = 14 pointsUKCAT (VR 640 QR 730 AR 810 and DA 740) gets me 7+8+9+8 = 32 points plus SJT Band2 = 2 points Total = 32+2+14 = 48 points Out off maximum of 55.Do I stand a chance??Looking forward to your reply/advice
According to last year you would easily progress to the second stage, but Nottingham don't release any information about students that pass the second stage s apply if you feel your personal statement is good
According to last year you would easily progress to the second stage, but Nottingham don't release any information about students that pass the second stage s apply if you feel your personal statement is good

Thanks. My PS is not that great. Do you think they give lot of weightage to PS and would reject with these stats
Original post by nomita
Thanks. My PS is not that great. Do you think they give lot of weightage to PS and would reject with these stats

If you read their admission criteria, they tell you what weighting they place on each element of the assessment
Reply 1330
Quick question - does a distinction* count as an A* when applying to Nottingham?
Just to put this out there, I'm a second year medic at Nottingham and I've worked alongside admissions recently and I can confirm that the lowest score they accepted last admissions cycle was indeed 34.

Original post by nomita

If you know that your PS isn't that great, improve it some more? You've still got time I believe :smile:
Original post by unknownone
Just to put this out there, I'm a second year medic at Nottingham and I've worked alongside admissions recently and I can confirm that the lowest score they accepted last admissions cycle was indeed 34.

If you know that your PS isn't that great, improve it some more? You've still got time I believe :smile:

Thanks very much for your reply. I really appreciate your help
I read in the thread that cutof could be 46/47 (and mine being 48) makes me feel scared to apply.
Regarding PS: I think I got all Work Experience that I could but I don't have any big acheievements to mention both in sports or academics ( Like I am not been School Captain, haven't won any great competitions Dule of Edinburgh... that makes me feel that I will get lost amongst those with these achievements...)

What would be your advice???

Thanks
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me.
I'm considering applying to Nottingham but I'm very confused as to whether my stats are good enough.
7A* 1A 1C GCSE (so 15/16 points)
then for UKCAT:
VR: 680
QR: 740
AR: 670
DA: 670
SJT: Band 2
So 690 avg and 31/39 points.
That's an overall score of 46/55? I'm confused as to how each parts weighting effects it?
I'd appreciate any help, thanks!
Hi i got 7 a* and 3 a.

In ukcat i got
VR: 530...:frown: dyslexic, slow reading speed
QR: 720
AR: 660
DA: 740
SJT: Band 1
think my personal statement is q good, worth the application? regarding the total nottingham 'score" what was it last year and did I reach it? i worked out i got 32 for UKCATand 15/16 for gcse then hopefully get around 13 in PS, so a score of around 60?
Hi I got 5A* and 3A's at Gcse.

In ukcat i got
VR: 540
QR: 880
AR: 750
DA: 660
SJT: Band 1

Got AAAA at as and predicted 3A*
I was wondering if there was any chance of getting into Nottingham?
A general comment for everyone posting their stats, hopefully it doesn't come across as arsey.
Just have a read of this:
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicine/documents/ugstudy-docs/a100-and-a108-scoring-system-2016-entry.pdf

Nottingham are very transparent about their application process, you can get a good estimate of your overall "pre-interview score" using the information on that pdf.
As I've previously stated, there was an applicant with a score of 34 that was accepted for interview last cycle, from what I was told by the admissions officer.

Part of applying to med school is you making your own decisions on where to apply based on your strengths and the med schools that look good to you, people here can give you advice but that's about it. Things change every year (UKCAT averages are variable, the average score will also change depending on how your year group as a whole did at GCSE etc).
I plan on applying to this university with the following stats
My UKCAT score average is 660
VR - 600
QR - 750
AR - 620
DA - 670
SJT - Band 1
I got 6A*s and 2As in my IGCSE A*s in 3 Sciences, Maths, ICT, Accounting As in Economics and English
I have 90% UMS in 3 of my AS levels - Biology, Maths and Physics 87% UMS in Chemistry So my predicted is all 3A*s 1A.Do you think its a good idea to apply? Which other universities would you suggest?
My school offered only 6 IGCSEs, in which I got all A*s. So my score would be 12/16?
I'm being predicted 4 A* after getting almost full UMS in most exams; received 7A* 2 As at GCSE
got 652.5 UKCAT,
Piano grade7 and violin grade5
work experience at hospitals etc
Honest opinion, was it unwise to apply to Nottingham seeing as the threshold will likely be very high this year?
cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending