The Student Room Group

Student finance budgeting ...

Ok guys, so I don't know if this is the right sections or not but too late now!!

I have been browsing my student finance thingy and trying to work out a budget.. My maths sucks so basically, I need one of you clever nerds to double check it for me...
(For installment 1... 21st September-11 January. 16 weeks. I worked it out for 17 weeks to have emergency money left over!)

Incoming:
-Loan: £1335.51
-Grant: £1129.00

(That's £2464.51, right?)

Take away my rent (£1442.42)

(That's £1022.09 left, yeah?)

Divided by 17 (weeks) = £60.12 per week!!!

Please tell me I haven't totally messed this up!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by amylou12345
Ok guys, so I don't know if this is the right sections or not but too late now!!

I have been browsing my student finance thingy and trying to work out a budget.. My maths sucks so basically, I need one of you clever nerds to double check it for me...
(For installment 1... 21st September-11 January. 16 weeks. I worked it out for 17 weeks to have emergency money left over!)

Incoming:

that sounds about right :smile: (good decision finding somewhere with such cheap rent)
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
that sounds about right :smile: (good decision finding somewhere with such cheap rent)

Thanks! I'm actually just staying in my unis cheapest halls xxx I thought it sounded quite expensive! Haha xx
Thanks! I'm actually just staying in my unis cheapest halls xxx I thought it sounded quite expensive! Haha xx

Noooo that is very very cheap for student halls, definitely not expensive:smile:
Also yeah that maths sounds right.
I've got a google docs excel spreadsheet of my yearly budget if you want a template to go off of.

Edit: just realised this was for first instalment and not the whole year :' ) so if you saw my comment on how cheap your rent is, ignore it :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SophieSmall
I've got a google docs excel spreadsheet of my yearly budget if you want a template to go off of.

Edit: just realised this was for first instalment and not the whole year :' ) so if you saw my comment on how cheap your rent is, ignore it :tongue:

neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerddddd
Reply 6

Incoming:

Now the really hard part is sticking to your budget!
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerddddd

Sent :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by SophieSmall

Hi sophie would you be able to share the spreadsheet you made please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending