The Student Room Group

Should I admit that I'm a 23 year old virgin?

A friend suggested to me that I make sure not to admit that I'm still a virgin at the age of 23, and make up some previous sexual encounters if my romantic history is ever brought up. His reason is that if a girl were interested in me, she'd be irreversibly put off if she found this out (of prevented from ever becoming interested in me).

I'm uncomfortable with the idea because it suggests that not having had sex at this age is a personal failing that I should hide from people (like not being able to go to the bathroom by myself). But what do you think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Revere a million prayers
I think girls are more likely to be put off by lies than you being a virgin, I know I would. You haven't failed and there's nothing wrong with you. You don't have to go shouting it from the roof tops, it's your private business.
Original post by Anonymous
A friend suggested to me that I make sure not to admit that I'm still a virgin at the age of 23, and make up some previous sexual encounters if my romantic history is ever brought up. His reason is that if a girl were interested in me, she'd be irreversibly put off if she found this out (of prevented from ever becoming interested in me).

I'm uncomfortable with the idea because it suggests that not having had sex at this age is a personal failing that I should hide from people (like not being able to go to the bathroom by myself). But what do you think?

I'm a 23 year old virgin too but I'm not surprised by that
Reply 4
No. Just be honest about it, it's nothing to be ashamed about x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I wouldn't be put off. Actually, I prefer a guy with less sexual encounters

Posted from TSR Mobile
Honesty is the best policy and the potential girl would find out sooner or later anyway best to come clean first.
Reply 7
Dont lie, be honest.
And there's nothing to be ashamed of :wink:
Reply 8
Original post by Black Cat
Honesty is the best policy and the potential girl would find out sooner or later anyway best to come clean first.

This.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I understand your friend's logic but it would be lied if you lied.

I think it would be better if you found out whether the girl is a virgin or not first. If she is, you shouldn't feel too embarrassed about saying the same.
Just be honest, do you really want to be with someone who'd reject you purely because you're a virgin?
Reply 11
Cross this bridge when you come to it. If a girl is up for it likely she is quite happy to show you the ropes..
Well she'll know you're lying the first time you have sex, unless you're some pro who's mastered how to hide obvious signs of inexperience.

Either way, once you get to that stage, it shouldn't matter. One line of you saying you're not a virgin only for her to find out you are shouldn't send her running. Just explain yourself and if you're waiting for the right one, I'm sure you'll pick someone who understands.

Sex is get just a physical act to meet needs. You'll get better with time, don't worry!
I woykdy want a virgin if I was to get married.
Reply 14
If the girl doesn't like you because you aren't experienced- would you really want to be with someone like that? I don't plan on doing anything until I'm married. So if I'm 28, and unmarried, so be it.

The thing is, be comfortable with who YOU are as a person, and forget what any society or stereotype implies or tells you to do.

You'll be fine, man!
Original post by Blackstarr
I woykdy want a virgin if I was to get married.

Hmm, would you not have to ask him to see if he wants too? :tongue:
Don't listen to your friend, he sounds like an idiot. Even though he might be looking out for you its just stupid.

Seriously just tell a girl if you're a virgin.
It would be much worse to find out later on down the line that you lied about it!
And personally it wouldnt bother me one jot anyway.
Also, sex for the first time ever generally isn't very good because you dont really know what you're doing and are very nervous. Therefore, if a girl knows you're a virgin beforehand she wont judge you on this because she knows you will most likely get better. Whereas if she thinks you have had a number of sexual encounters before she might just think you don't 'click' in bed.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm most likely going to die a virgin and couldn't give a **** who knows. Yes it's a tad embarassing but what's the point lying? I don't think most people care to be honest, I certainly don't care what my friends get up to in that regard.
I'm a 23 year old virgin too and I would much prefer for a guy to BE a virgin than to not be one.

I don't understand why girls thinks guys who are virgins are losers. I find them more attractive, personally.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending