The Student Room Group

Corbyn voted new labour leader.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by MrDystopia
As a Tory voter I am fine with this.

Why? Do you not realise the more austerity cripples the nation over the next 5 years and the more appeals to emotion are made by the Labour Party, the more people will vote Labour. Although its unlikely, Corbyn is also Labours best chance of ever regaining votes in Scotland. None of the other candidates would have ever had a chance.
Original post by Law-Hopeful
Let the character assassination by the right... Commence (/continue)!

I know no right winger who wants him dead, we are very much happy he is leader, Labour and it's inevitable defeat is upon us and we have a front row seat. I can not wait, no assassination will be ruining my enjoyment.
Original post by MrDystopia
As a Tory voter I am fine with this.

Why so?

Think he won't help labour regain power even though he made so many people sign up for and vote for the labour party leadership vote?
Any Labour supporter that thinks this is a good thing is frankly deluded. See you in 2025 after you've got a new leader.
Original post by CoolCavy
oh ok, no worries, i just didn't want u to feel that i was trying to copy ur thread i was just watching it like u were and i like politics :smile:

:hugs:btw ur little cat gif thing is so cute :h:

Nah, i expected to see like five threads made within like thirty seconds of the announcement.

Thought I'd be too late tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Voted Burnham, so obviously a bit gutted.

But despite my political differences with Corbyn it is clear the party wanted him as leader, and I'm sure he'll do an excellent job. As Dennis Skinner likes to remind people Labour is a collective, and regardless of who leads it is the members who make the party. Best of luck to Corbyn, the struggle starts here.
However popular and well meaning, that pretty much is a nail in the coffin for labour, but more importantly, democracy as the is now no effective opposition to the Tories.

Infighting in labour made them unelectable and let thatcher come in. The damage to the country was immense.
As a tory this is a great day. I am so grateful that 2 other candidates didn't stand down and back the remaining candidate in order to oppose Jezza.
Finally we have an actual opposition.
Don't be so complacent Tories.
lol
Original post by domonict
However popular and well meaning, that pretty much is a nail in the coffin for labour, but more importantly, democracy as the is now no effective opposition to the Tories.

Infighting in labour made them unelectable and let thatcher come in. The damage to the country was immense.

Original post by Perplexing Pleb
As a tory this is a great day. I am so grateful that 2 other candidates didn't stand down and back the remaining candidate in order to oppose Jezza.

Why do the tories think this is so great? Why do they think corbyn is unelectable?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The end of Labour is nigh, let the left burn on 2020
Reply 32
Original post by Plagioclase
His speech is really great. I'm very relieved that he was elected leader, I hope that he can deliver on the massive expectations put on him.

Yeah, it's a good speech, he comes across very well and as a decent person who cares about equality and fairness, a far cry from some of the nasty Tory politicians. I was originally very skeptical amongst all the cries of unelectability, but now I'm looking forward to seeing how he does as he now makes Labour a proper alternative to the Tories.
(edited 8 years ago)
Labour is now unelectable.... just heard speeches, throwback references to the 1970s ..wtf!
Original post by Bornblue
Finally we have an actual opposition.
Don't be so complacent Tories.

I don't think anyone's going to be complacent. The risk of this ****ing idiot getting into power is too great, however unlikely. This is an opportunity to put the foot on the gas and cement a huge majority for 2020.
Reply 35
Original post by Mad Vlad
Any Labour supporter that thinks this is a good thing is frankly deluded. See you in 2025 after you've got a new leader.

Your complacency and arrogance is what will lead to you losing in 2020. Middle England is a lost cause for Labour.

Labour need:

London
Scotland
Wales
Northern England
Inner city Midlands
Inner city South East

Corbyn is Labour's best chance of regaining votes in these parts of the country. Labour are never going to win in the other places.
A politician that actually cares about ALL people of society... What is this madness.
I don't think anyone's going to be complacent. The risk of this ****ing idiot getting into power is too great, however unlikely. This is an opportunity to put the foot on the gas and cement a huge majority for 2020.

What makes him an idiot?
Original post by Motorbiker
Why do the tories think this is so great? Why do they think corbyn is unelectable?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Majority of Labour voters I know have said they will go to UKIP if jeremy is elected. Just because a few hundred thousand shout loud on the Internet and on the streets does not reflect the opinion of millions of working class voters. You do not win over people concerned about immigration, the EU, the economy, islamification and defence by being pro immigration, pro EU, anti market economy, pro islamification and anti defence.

Yeah how awful would it be if a man who actually cared about people got in?

Don't bother replying with your right wing smears

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending