The Student Room Group

Why's it so hard to talk to your crush? :(

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by InnateRambler
Yes get to know her in person, it takes a little longer and maybe more patience but you can better judge the conversation and get a better reading wether or not you 'really' like her.. It also helps that as you get to know her better you will start to talk on other things such as social media/texting etc, you don't use that stuff to initialise a friendship or relationship unless you literally can't see people because of distance.

People don't really like to talk to strangers they vaguely know on the internet, complete strangers they seem fine with like forums for example but by spending time them in person you'll be able to if you actually like them and then hopefully if you do you just take a leap and say you like them.

I can't anymore, she messaged me saying she was ignoring me, it's ashame I thought she was different.
Reply 81
Original post by InnateRambler
I wouldn't, although you probably have by the time I've typed this, if she has been purposely ignoring you its a clear sign of little interest I'm afraid.. Also shows she isn't really that friendly as most people are willing to say hello back to people.. Or at least make up an excuse such as forgetting to reply.. It sounds like she's outright saying she doesn't want to speak to you unfortunately..

I obviously deserve someone better, and was obviously an easy escape. Although she did stare at me
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by trustmeimlying1
you were offline xD

Was out drinking and ****ing bitches innit

I still want my hug :frown:
Original post by picklescamp
Was out drinking and ****ing bitches innit

I still want my hug :frown:

hahah xD bitches be crazy

ah...hmm...:jumphug::kissing2::grouphugs::happy2:

:girlhit:
Original post by trustmeimlying1
hahah xD bitches be crazy

ah...hmm...:jumphug::kissing2::grouphugs::happy2:

:girlhit:

Nawwww thanks buddy :biggrin:

:jumphug:

You just perked up my post-birthday blues :smile:
I messaged my crush and he ignored it.

Three times.
Original post by picklescamp
Nawwww thanks buddy :biggrin:

:jumphug:

You just perked up my post-birthday blues :smile:

no longer a child jaysus!:O.

Judge it yourself but sometimes they dont notice depends..im pretty oblivious to things myself.saying that I heard a good one before. Dont get attached to thinks you wana buy or people you dont know.Then you lose. So yeh move on and care less. Caring should come with time and just.
Sometimes OP, when we really like someone, and I mean REALLY like them, we're so desperate to talk to them and for them to notice us that we often act a bit needy and desperate. It may not feel like to us but to them it's probably very unattractive and a bit TOO forward.

We try and find any excuse to talk to them and when we do finally message them we wanna keep messaging them more and more and eventually to them it starts to look a bit creepy which probably completely annihilates any chance of them liking us in that way.

It sounds like you don't know her very well and you should let things happen more naturally rather than force conversation because then it'd look obvious that something strange is going on. She might find it weird that you liked her so quickly without knowing her (I've made this mistake, you're not alone).
Couldn't have put it better myself... words of wisdom indeed :wink:
Original post by Jabberwox
Sometimes OP, when we really like someone, and I mean REALLY like them, we're so desperate to talk to them and for them to notice us that we often act a bit needy and desperate. It may not feel like to us but to them it's probably very unattractive and a bit TOO forward [needy!].
Reply 89
I messaged my crush and he ignored it.

Three times.

Same, then i asked her if shes trying to ignore me and she said yh
Original post by Laaz123
Same, then i asked her if shes trying to ignore me and she said yh

Then I'm sorry to say but it really doesn't seem like she's interested in talking to you.

I firmly believe that if something is meant to happen it will. If you have to unnaturally force it or someone is showing blatant signs of disinterest it isn't meant to be sadly.
Reply 91
Then I'm sorry to say but it really doesn't seem like she's interested in talking to you.

I firmly believe that if something is meant to happen it will. If you have to unnaturally force it or someone is showing blatant signs of disinterest it isn't meant to be sadly.

I know, it's quite ashame. The right person will come...
Original post by Laaz123
I know, it's quite ashame. The right person will come...

Of course they will. I've been in this position so I know how it feels. It's hard when you develop strong feelings for a person who isn't interested at all in even getting to know you. But it won't be like this forever :smile:
Reply 93
Of course they will. I've been in this position so I know how it feels. It's hard when you develop strong feelings for a person who isn't interested at all in even getting to know you. But it won't be like this forever :smile:

I suppose, but she was giving me signs tht she was interested
Reply 94
I'm sorry you haven't had that much good luck with her- though I have to say your entire approach sounded disastrous...

Staring/smiling at someone doesn't necessarily mean romantic interest. If she's new and still hasn't met that many people, she probably saw you as a familiar face around the place. I often smile at people when I come across them, people often smile at me... there's no obvious meaning, really.

Definitely making a group chat asking if she was ignoring you was NOT a good move. At all. I understand that you wanted to talk to her (I, like many people in this thread, am/was also in the same situation many times before) but that definitely must have creeped her out... And saying that you 'thought [she] was different' makes people think you sound entitled and childish. That's definitely no good.

I'd say ignore her completely for now- my normal advice would be not to approach her or start conversation at all (but not to obviously avoid her either, that's a 5 year old thing and you're much smarter than that) but if she starts conversation with you, be civil, but not too forward or pushy. Don't ask questions.

I hope it gets better with her or whoever you may have romantic interest with in the future.
Original post by Laaz123
I suppose, but she was giving me signs tht she was interested

The signs can be misconstrued. If someone really likes you normally the signs are quite obvious. Although shy people normally don't make the first move they usually respond favourably if you message them first if they like you.

I mean don't write it off entirely because you never know what could happen down the line but just don't try too hard. It puts people off. I ended up being bitter towards my crush and deleting him from everything because I was so annoyed at him not responding but in retrospect it probably made me look very childish.
Reply 96
Original post by nserw
I'm sorry you haven't had that much good luck with her- though I have to say your entire approach sounded disastrous...

Staring/smiling at someone doesn't necessarily mean romantic interest. If she's new and still hasn't met that many people, she probably saw you as a familiar face around the place. I often smile at people when I come across them, people often smile at me... there's no obvious meaning, really.

Definitely making a group chat asking if she was ignoring you was NOT a good move. At all. I understand that you wanted to talk to her (I, like many people in this thread, am/was also in the same situation many times before) but that definitely must have creeped her out... And saying that you 'thought [she] was different' makes people think you sound entitled and childish. That's definitely no good.

I'd say ignore her completely for now- my normal advice would be not to approach her or start conversation at all (but not to obviously avoid her either, that's a 5 year old thing and you're much smarter than that) but if she starts conversation with you, be civil, but not too forward or pushy. Don't ask questions.

I hope it gets better with her or whoever you may have romantic interest with in the future.

I asked her because i don't want to waste my time.
Reply 97
The signs can be misconstrued. If someone really likes you normally the signs are quite obvious. Although shy people normally don't make the first move they usually respond favourably if you message them first if they like you.

I mean don't write it off entirely because you never know what could happen down the line but just don't try too hard. It puts people off. I ended up being bitter towards my crush and deleting him from everything because I was so annoyed at him not responding but in retrospect it probably made me look very childish.

I won't try it all, i don't care anymore. Her not replying show's rudeness
Original post by Laaz123
I won't try it all, i don't care anymore. Her not replying show's rudeness

I wouldn't say she was being rude, you appear to of creeped her out. I'm not exactly an online Casanova which is why i refrain from using it other than for browsing. You should've spoke to her in person.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
Original post by RandomOrton
I wouldn't say she was being rude, you appear to of creeped her out. I'm not exactly an online Casanova which is why i refrain from using it other than for browsing. You should've spoke to her in person.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why did i creep her out?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending