The Student Room Group

Why is it that guys always seem to be friendzoned more than girls?

Are girls just generally more happier being single or something? Just curious...

Scroll to see replies

Oh no, an imaginary concept created so that guys can complain when a girl is not interested in them :eek:
Girls are more picky and in my opinion, have lower sex drives than guys.
Guys get rejected more because they are more likely to be the ones who ask the other person out, a lot of girls believe they shouldn't have to ask guys out (but get upset when they aren't asked out).
Original post by Multitalented me
Are girls just generally more happier being single or something? Just curious...

I think so.
because girls dont whine as much as guys when theyve been rejected?
more guys are thirsty for the vagina than girls are for the sausage smh.

You've got to factor in the female equivalent - being ONS-zoned. Probably feels worse.
if you are using the term "friendzone" so freely to describe yourself you must be frustrated by your failure to get enough girls to f^ck. I have no problems being just friends with anyone so the term doesn't affect me (and I don't use it).
Original post by Anonymous
because girls dont whine as much as guys when theyve been rejected?

When the burden is on one gender to do the asking out, it makes sense they'd whine more about rejection.
Original post by TurboCretin
You've got to factor in the female equivalent - being ONS-zoned. Probably feels worse.

Is it possible to get ONS-zoned if you previously knew the person for more than one night? Or would that come under more FWB-zoned territory..
Reply 11
- Pressure is on guys to be the one asking out
- Guys probably play out of their league more often
- Guys more often behave like idiots when rejected

Just my hunches
Reply 12
Original post by thecatwithnohat
more guys are thirsty for the vagina than girls are for the sausage smh.

I think they're just a touch more chosey
about their sausages..
Reply 13
Attachment not found
Reply 14
Guys would rather have sex than have female friends and then end up friend zoned because the girl doesn't want that.
Original post by tootles44
Is it possible to get ONS-zoned if you previously knew the person for more than one night? Or would that come under more FWB-zoned territory..

Of course it is - a ONS is a sexual relationship lasting only one night. You can know someone for years before having a ONS with them.

A FWB arrangement involves regular, or at least numerous, sexual encounters. I'd think a FWB arrangement would pretty much rely on both people to be up for it. Being 'FWB-zoned' would require the girl to be very weak-willed.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TurboCretin
Of course it is - a ONS is a sexual relationship lasting only one night. You can know someone for years before having a ONS with them.

A FWB arrangement involves regular, or at least numerous, sexual encounters. I'd think a FWB arrangement would pretty much rely on both people to be up for it. Being 'FWB-zoned' would require the girl to be very weak-willed.

Ohh is that when guys say stuff like they'd sleep with her but not be seen out with her (what does 'out' even mean ?!) or would not tell anyone about it?
Reply 17
[QUOTE=TurboCretin;59298205]You've got to factor in the female equivalent - being ONS-zoned. Probably feels worse.
Fair point. I've seen girls go for this hoping it's the start of a relationship and getting pretty upset when things go cold. I don't think girls typically pull this rather unpleasant trick.
A) Guys are more likely to shag anything that moves, as such when a girl is nice to them they like to think that girl fancies them, gets all hyped up about it ect.

B) Loads of women do get friendzoned, but are less likely to bitch online about it!

While standards for a relationship are broadly similar, men are far more willing to have sex than women.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending