The Student Room Group

Girls, how often do you get your hair done?

Including having it cut and coloured?

Does anyone else also feel great and have a spring in their step after a good hair cut/colour session?

:smile:
Reply 1
I get it dyed every 4/5 weeks and get it trimmed and my fringe retouched every 2 months roughly. My mum used to be a hairdresser so she does my hair for me so I save quite a bit of money :tongue: I always feel great after getting my hair done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i never had a proper haircut (in salons) my mum usually cuts my ends
i had my first haircut in 2 weeks before
n the reason of never had a haircut is coz my dad thinks that i am doing kinda fashion stuff and not concentration on my studies
and i never liked this but now i have my haircut after my GCSE's
Rarely I hate the hairdressers, it's like they can't listen and do as they're asked to save their lives.

I box dye my hair every month and a half or so.

I always come out of the hairdressers disappointed and feeling like crap.
trim every 6 weeks and wash, cut and blow-dry every 4 months or so

I definitely feel amazing after good hair cut:h:
Once every three weeks.

Number two on the side and back and leave the top to grow a bit longer.:wink:

Then I use pomade and Tresemme extra hold to give me that slicked back quiff look.

Oh no! wait I am a dude.:gasp:

I break the rules

#Rebel By Nature

#Mr Break the rules.
(edited 8 years ago)
I cut and dye it myself. I dye it whenever the colour begins to fade, usually every few months and trim every sixth months.
Original post by Okay PM me
Once every three weeks.

Number two on the side and back and leave the top to grow a bit longer.:wink:

Then I use pomade and Tresemme extra hold to give me that slicked back quiff look.

Oh no! wait I am a dude.:gasp:

I break the rules

#Rebel By Nature

#Mr Break the rules.

You know on Twitter (and I'm guessing most social media sites) those hasthtags would be ineffective as you've left spaces between the words. :facepalm: #EpicFail #MaybeNextTime :tongue:

I get mine cut whenever I feel like I need it (couple of months usually). But last August I decided I wanted longer hair because mine was always too short to do the updo's I wanted on special occasions and I've just been having my mum trim it for me when I think it's getting split ends and left it untouched otherwise. I need a cut now though, it's a bit.longer than I'd originally wanted. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Every 3/4 weeks
Original post by TheBlueBiro
You know on Twitter (and I'm guessing most social media sites) those hasthtags would be ineffective as you've left spaces between the words. :facepalm: #EpicFail #MaybeNextTime :tongue:

I get mine cut whenever I feel like I need it (couple of months usually). But last August I decided I wanted longer hair because mine was always too short to do the updo's I wanted on special occasions and I've just been having my mum trim it for me when I think it's getting split ends and left it untouched otherwise. I need a cut now though, it's a bit.longer than I'd originally wanted. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Meh.
#shrugs-his-shoulders-in-despair
Original post by SophieSmall
Rarely I hate the hairdressers, it's like they can't listen and do as they're asked to save their lives.

I box dye my hair every month and a half or so.

I always come out of the hairdressers disappointed and feeling like crap.

Couldn't agree more! Last time I went to a hairdressers properly (on my birthday I might add!) I sat in the chair CRYING while they completely massacred my hair then accidently got the comb caught in my brand new top and ripped it. I'm not even emotionally attached to my hair,I'd asked for a fringe but the guy cut literally halfway round my head so I had a bowl cut! Took me almost a year to get it looking alright again.

Now I'll either trim my own ends, or I get a friend/my mum to do it for me. I've always dyed my own hair, no way I'd let somebody else do that!
Reply 11
I don't cut my hair I leave it to grow, it's so long now. :woo:
Reply 12
I'm not a girl, so I literally have no input in this. Hope this helps
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Couldn't agree more! Last time I went to a hairdressers properly (on my birthday I might add!) I sat in the chair CRYING while they completely massacred my hair then accidently got the comb caught in my brand new top and ripped it. I'm not even emotionally attached to my hair,I'd asked for a fringe but the guy cut literally halfway round my head so I had a bowl cut! Took me almost a year to get it looking alright again.

Now I'll either trim my own ends, or I get a friend/my mum to do it for me. I've always dyed my own hair, no way I'd let somebody else do that!

Yeah.....screw those people. They suck.

I'll only ever get a trim now, won't ask for a restyle because they every time without fail **** it up. How an entire profession can be full of incompetent people who clearly can't listen is beyond me.
I usually get my hair cut every 2/3 months. I'm currently growing out green dip dyed hair :frown:
Reply 15
Original post by fatima1998
i never had a proper haircut (in salons) my mum usually cuts my ends
i had my first haircut in 2 weeks before
n the reason of never had a haircut is coz my dad thinks that i am doing kinda fashion stuff and not concentration on my studies
and i never liked this but now i have my haircut after my GCSE's

This is exactly the case in most bengali homes.lol

If you cut your hair people judge you soo much and think you are a disobedient child.

Note: changing the colour of your hair is like committing suicide. your Bengali relatives will think you have sold your soul to the devil.
Original post by M&F
This is exactly the case in most bengali homes.lol

If you cut your hair people judge you soo much and think you are a disobedient child.

Note: changing the colour of your hair is like committing suicide. your Bengali relatives will think you have sold your soul to the devil.

first of all!!! i am NOT bengali just letting u know :biggrin:
n it's nothing like tht
my parents give me permission to do my hair cut now so i did
Reply 17
Original post by fatima1998
first of all!!! i am NOT bengali just letting u know :biggrin:
n it's nothing like tht
my parents give me permission to do my hair cut now so i did

Ya I said it for bengalies mainly :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest