The Student Room Group

Corbyn voted new labour leader.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Imperion
:rofl:

Ah okay... I did a Google search and saw a kangaroo :tongue:

:laugh: ok fair play it does look like a kangaroo in that photo, although it is actually a mara:
images.jpg :h:
Original post by jacktrex
I don't necessarily agree with Corbyn's foreign policy(Labour leaders don't have a good history on foreign policy) but the idea that somehow it is Britain keeping the russians at bay is ridiculous.

Not Britain, NATO. Britain is a big player in NATO, along with France and the US.

Putin will never attack a nato country. Latvia,Lithuania and Estonia, all share borders with Rus and have never been invaded. Georgia and Ukraine, which also share borders, have.

Withdrawing from nato would be disasterous, cutting defence spending any further would be bad and giving up Trident would be stupidity.
@Motorbiker

What's your view on Corbyn?
Original post by Foo.mp3
Harmful for our democracy, never mind the Labour movement. Dick move, Labour :facepalm2:

How can anyone hate on this lovely guy,he's the best thing to have ever happened to UK politics
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
@Motorbiker

What's your view on Corbyn?

Tbh I don't really care about politics.

I don't agree with a lot of what he says like stuff about trident etc. If he is what labour wants then they have him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Law-Hopeful
Let the character assassination by the right... Commence (/continue)!

Well the Conservatives had already been doing this a bit, but I was sent an email today saying he's a threat to national security and believes in X/Y/Z misrepresented position.

If you're wondering why I get Conservatives emails, someone with a similar name accidentally signed me up and they keep using different email addresses for things so I can't stop them all getting through - this was the first one I've had in about a year.
Original post by CoolCavy
:laugh: ok fair play it does look like a kangaroo in that photo, although it is actually a mara:
images.jpg :h:

That's practically a baby kangaroo
Original post by queen-bee
How can anyone hate on this lovely guy,he's the best thing to have ever happened to UK politics

Sarcasm much? :colone:
The bright side of all this is that Abbott will be returning to the shadow cabinet, thumbs crossed for Shadow Chancellor:biggrin:
Original post by heimdala
The bright side of all this is that Abbott will be returning to the shadow cabinet, thumbs crossed for Shadow Chancellor:biggrin:

No, its got to be shadow Education Secretary
Looking forward to the tory right wing smears. Bring it on tory boys.
Original post by Imperion
That's practically a baby kangaroo

well it would be if it wasn't a totally unrelated genus :colonhash:

aesthetics mean nothing when determining a species :h:
I think it's great for democracy in this we now have two main parties who are clearly different.

Not of this fighting on a pin head of centreism.

I also think The Tories have to up there game. They won't get away with the same boring rhetoric they have for the last 5 years.

The Tories have issues themselves. Europe is obviously splitting them. They will have a leadership contest in probably 2018.
Original post by Foo.mp3
I don't hate on him, although I expect I would were I Jewish/Unionist/other victims of terror organisations that he has implicitly given his support/let off the hook

Yes dear :emog:

Good. He's just making politics interesting
Original post by Thorsas
They do not want an Oxbridge educated career politican to dictate to them what is best for them and their families...

I think that's a bit unfair. Some people got in off their own backs, if people are aware of that, it would probably play in their favour.
Absolutely overwhelmed and proud that Jeremy Corbyn is Labour's next leader with almost 60% of the vote. He honestly deserves to win as he's a straightforward talking politician who's honest and has something different to offer. #JezWeDid #Inspirational
Original post by Foo.mp3
Harmful for our democracy, never mind the Labour movement. Dick move, Labour :facepalm2:

Hey don't tar us all with the same brush, some of us out sensible (42% to be precise)
Original post by Law-Hopeful
Let the character assassination by the right... Commence (/continue)!

The Mail is already hard at it. I think we can expect news that he was secretly an SS member, that he liked Pol Pot, that he kills hamsters with his toenails and that he likes really, really horrible stuff like foreign people, during the coming weeks and months, amongst other 'stories'. :rolleyes:

What's really going to be interesting is to see if he can get some of the more centrist MPs into his shadow cabinet. If he can't, that will make it easier for the media to marginalise him, although they will still be up against his very considerable gifts in speaking to people - he is very clear, well-argued and convincing almost every time he opens his mouth in public.

I am so looking forward to seeing him up against Cameron at PMQs, I think we will be in for some genuine battles and not the charade fake-opposition that the Blairites engaged in. :yep:
As much as I respect the guy, i don't think he'll win the 2020 election, especially now that the Tories will be arguing he's a threat to national security. I hope Tom Watson will keep him in line.
Original post by redferry
Hey don't tar us all with the same brush, some of us out sensible (42% to be precise)

The right fo the labour party also have a responsibility not to damage the labour movement. As do the PLP which seem to despise the 'labour' part of what makes the party. What exactly is the labour movement? Is it a view that the labour movement should be contained in a box, but we still expect all your money and support. A labour movement is based in a grassroots movement by definition. Otherwise there is no movement. What you want is something else (which is fair enough).

There is a world of difference between respecting the grassroutes but adopting what you see as a more moderate electable platform than actually despising the grassroots and other sections of the party like you wish they were not there. It is really hard to tell sometimes. Which is where the 'right wing' of the party has really failed at and it is no surprise it lost. Their campaign was basically 'we hate you and your stupid ideas' rather than making their own vision and appealing to electability in a positive way. Who knows, another SDP type split may happen. That can really stick the knife in the labour movement then.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending