The Student Room Group

Jeremy Corbyn Elected!

Scroll to see replies

Oh btw- going to stick my neck out-he will be the most successful Labour leader since Blair.
Very very happy with this. Finally we have a strong opposition who will generate excitement amongst people.
A stunning victory and the fact the tories are so smug and complacent will make it all the better when it comes back to bite them.
Original post by Foreverlost--
He attended 'university of North London" now-known as the London metropolitan university! Says a lot.. Not al politicians are Oxbridge privately educated. Maybe quite representative of the Labour Party. Good on him!!

Only on TSR since when do we judge people on where they got their degree?
I'm unsure about Corbyn, particularly on defence.

But, he was condemned by Conservatives, by Tony Blair, and by lots of career politicians in the Labour party. If he's hated by that sort of crowd, maybe he'll be all right.
Reply 64
Original post by Mr JB
Get in!!!!!!!

It's time to start the proper movement against the neoliberal capitalist scumbags who love to monopolise everything, control the wealth and enslave the 99% to corporatist debt slavery.

It's time to create societies focused on people who care about their communities and not divisive profits that marginalise sectors of society and turn them into demonised outcasts who feel like outsiders in their own country.

It's time to make Britain great again!!!!

Yes there is a lot of good qualities he has I think he will be good at exchanges with Cameron because he will actually throw insults back, I do not think he will lead in to 2020. I have read an article and if enough Labour MPs are dissatisfied they can kick him out after a year.I think in addition to that the Mirror and the Guardian should personally insult the likes of Cameron and Osborne how the right wing papers are pissing themselves now as they have there next man to insult.
Original post by BigItch
Yes there is a lot of good qualities he has I think he will be good at exchanges with Cameron because he will actually throw insults back,

They are not going to insult him. Folk at Conservative Central Office have been collecting everything that Corbyn has written or said over the last 30 years. Moreover they won't throw most of it at him. They will throw it at his shadow cabinet.
Working class people don't vote Labour because they're lefty, they vote Labour because they're think they're the party of the working class, generally speaking. I really can't see Labour getting into power now
Reply 67
Stick the awkward squad in the cabinet the posh boys would not mess with them.
Original post by nulli tertius
They are not going to insult him. Folk at Conservative Central Office have been collecting everything that Corbyn has written or said over the last 30 years. Moreover they won't throw most of it at him. They will throw it at his shadow cabinet.
Reply 68
Original post by MagicJigsaw
Working class people don't vote Labour because they're lefty, they vote Labour because they're think they're the party of the working class, generally speaking. I really can't see Labour getting into power now

It is just an assumption at the minute he may be gone before the 2020 election even starts, they may only give him a year or two I have read that if they do poorly in the local elections and councilor elections he may be removed. Labour are the party of the working class not the tories not UKIP unless they are racist or want to be out of the European Union.
Original post by BigItch
It is just an assumption at the minute he may be gone before the 2020 election even starts, they may only give him a year or two I have read that if they do poorly in the local elections and councilor elections he may be removed. Labour are the party of the working class not the tories not UKIP unless they are racist or want to be out of the European Union.

He may, but the Labour Party have not assassinated a leader since MacDonald.

The Labour Party has to coalesce around a single candidate otherwise the membership will simply elect the most leftwing candidate standing and each of the candidates will compete to be more pure than the next. The Tories could only topple IDS because Howard was able to be elected unopposed. Labour has always struggled with the concept of hanging together to avoid being hung separately.
Original post by arfah
Talking to non mahrams is haram right. I'm not even going to bother replying to you.

In JC we believe loooooool
I can't wait to see JC and tom watson take on cameroon it would be so jokes
do you think the labour party split or everyones becomes a back bencher ?
Original post by Law-Hopeful
love*

I have a soft spot for Nick as well. :heart:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending