Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Coventry 2015 Occupational Therapy?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Are you doing OT aswell ruth?
Original post by Ruthlouisen
Hi my name is Ruth, I too will be starting at Coventry September and I'll be driving from bham too :smile:
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Original post by gfryer85
Are you doing OT aswell ruth?

Hi.....i am yes...a little nervous...but looking forward to it :smile:
Reply 22
Same here, not long to go now though! I'm looking forward to the free pizza's on freshers week! 🍕
Same here, not long to go now though! I'm looking forward to the free pizza's on freshers week! 🍕

Lol....i didnt even know there was any!!!....sounds good though! Are u coming from bham too?
Reply 24
Yes, from south birmingham, what part are you coming from? I wonder how many groups there are, Are you all prepared?
Feeling a little prepared now...are u?

There are apparantly 8 groups of 25 people in each timetable..we will find out induction week. Im coming from south bham too.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 26
Feeling a little prepared now...are u?

There are apparantly 8 groups of 25 people in each timetable..we will find out induction week. Im coming from south bham too.

Apologies, only just noticed this comment, yes i feel prepared now, got all my stationary etc, I'm just eager to start now, roll on Monday! 😀
No worries lol....I've got all mine too. Feel a bit sorted...but no books as yet!! Have you got any from the readings list?? I'm eager to start too...:smile:
Reply 28
No worries lol....I've got all mine too. Feel a bit sorted...but no books as yet!! Have you got any from the readings list?? I'm eager to start too...:smile:[/QUO

A friend very kindly bought me a book which is on the reading list but i won't buy myself any yet, may see what's in the library! Are you a 'mature' student like myself? (29)
I think i may have a look to see if i can get any cheap. I am a little maturer than you lol....32! Probably the oldest...but i have had a good few years working in nhs :smile:
Reply 30
I'm also working for the nhs!! I work for the childrens! Oh, good, I'm glad there are more people around my age group! 😊
Aww.thats good..have managed to be seconded then? I have...makes life a little easier, money wise. Im glad i'm not the only mature one lol :smile:
Reply 32
Yea, well, a sponsorship, similar but am not guaranteed a job at the end of the course! Which trust do you work for? If you don't mind my noseyness
Yea, well, a sponsorship, similar but am not guaranteed a job at the end of the course! Which trust do you work for? If you don't mind my noseyness

No of course not lol. Im sponsored too (sorry, thats what i meant). .. They said your not guaranteed a job? They say they will try for me...but again not guaranteed.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 34
Yea, although i don't really mind, I've worked in mental health for almost 10 years so am keeping my options open and looking forward to different placements! Do you work at reaside by any chance?
Yea, although i don't really mind, I've worked in mental health for almost 10 years so am keeping my options open and looking forward to different placements! Do you work at reaside by any chance?

I agree...im also looking forward to a change. Not reaside..i worked in the community with young people..i loved it..but bit too much uncertainty. Was u on the wards or communtiy?
Reply 36
Still am working on a ward (Friday is my last day) but have worked in the community too! I love my job, will be sad to leave! Enjoy working with kids, Although i hope to get some bank work in the future!
Still am working on a ward (Friday is my last day) but have worked in the community too! I love my job, will be sad to leave! Enjoy working with kids, Although i hope to get some bank work in the future!

Im sure you will get some bank..and the sadness of leaving goes quite quickly...onto better things :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending