The Student Room Group

BA Art & English Literature

I'm applying to study Art and English Literature as a joint honours at university and my English teacher (who is helping me with my personal statement) has told me to try to find someone who is an artist but also a writer in order to use as inspiration and to mention their name as to why I want to be studying that specific combination.
Does anyone have any comment on this? Do you know of any? Is it really necessary? Because I cant seem to find anyone who I could really use...

Thanks
Original post by rdog39
I'm applying to study Art and English Literature as a joint honours at university and my English teacher (who is helping me with my personal statement) has told me to try to find someone who is an artist but also a writer in order to use as inspiration and to mention their name as to why I want to be studying that specific combination.
Does anyone have any comment on this? Do you know of any? Is it really necessary? Because I cant seem to find anyone who I could really use...

Thanks

William Blake. But this seems a very convoluted way of doing things and not really useful for you. If you have no interest in the person concerned, faking one is a waste of time, characters and integrity. Just demonstrate your interest in both subjects separately.

Quick Reply

Latest