The Student Room Group

Meeting Someone New - HELP

So I've been talking to a guy for a few weeks now and he seems lovely, we have great chats and loads in common. Thing is, I've never met him in person and i'm planning on doing so next week. He is a friend of a friend, but they aren't close things or anything. I'm really nervous, what if it's awkward or what if he doesn't like me?
We are planning to meet up and hang out for a bit then go back to his and watch a few films. Help me out, tips or advice...something haha Thanks
Original post by Souffle_Girl1
So I've been talking to a guy for a few weeks now and he seems lovely, we have great chats and loads in common. Thing is, I've never met him in person and i'm planning on doing so next week. He is a friend of a friend, but they aren't close things or anything. I'm really nervous, what if it's awkward or what if he doesn't like me?
We are planning to meet up and hang out for a bit then go back to his and watch a few films. Help me out, tips or advice...something haha Thanks

Haha 'awkward' awkward is just you wanting to stay where you are and not risk any emotions but once you transcend awkwardness can you progress. I would say if you don't really know him maybe before going for films because that's a fair bit of time with someone new maybe meet up for coffee/lunch/brunch something like that etc...
Do go, I bet he's feeling the same as you :smile:
Reply 3

Yeah, I hope you are ready to meet his penis.
Original post by LegatusShadow
Haha 'awkward' awkward is just you wanting to stay where you are and not risk any emotions but once you transcend awkwardness can you progress. I would say if you don't really know him maybe before going for films because that's a fair bit of time with someone new maybe meet up for coffee/lunch/brunch something like that etc...

Yeah, I know but I've been single for four years and I've not done this before :/ I'd rather go to costa for a bit or something but he said that'd be awkward. I don't knowww :/
Yeah, I know but I've been single for four years and I've not done this before :/ I'd rather go to costa for a bit or something but he said that'd be awkward. I don't knowww :/

Umm then I don't know. People you haven't met irl could be anyone if you are going to do it do it in a public place maybe the cinema or something? Seriously it seems odd to me that someone would just invite someone they hadn't met irl to their place before meeting them in a neutral place? Idk I could be wrong but it just seems peculiar that he doesn't want the first date to be at a neutral place i.e. meet at neutral place then go home and think about it but rather meet and go straight to his place odd? Just my thoughts I might be wrong.
No guy asks a girl to come to his and watch films, and actually intend to watch films #fact
I know how weird it sounds, trust me when I say I know what creepy is. I don't want to go to his, or intend to either.
I know how weird it sounds, trust me when I say I know what creepy is. I don't want to go to his, or intend to either.

Good decision imo I'm a guy and if a girl asked me to I wouldn't. I would say I don't want to jump into anything too quick and I'd rather get to know you first irl before doing anything.
Round his for the first time you actually meet and see each other?

Yeah i'd avoid that if i were you.
Firstly be yourself and as the others said I would stick to meeting in a pubic place the first time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending