The Student Room Group

do girls need a slim body to be considered hot/attractive?

??

Scroll to see replies

Absolutely not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It depends on you and what you deem as attractive.
depends on personal preference
No, of course not. As Cliché as this sounds, you can be attractive regardless of your body shape. In fact, I think curvier girls are more attractive compared to skinny girls - I guess its down to individual taste.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Reply 6
No. Haven't you noticed there are plump girls with boyfriends.
No, your body weight does not determine how attractive you are

Posted from TSR Mobile
Of course everything else is **** ugly.
My opinion is fact.
i dont think so, im overweight and i have a boyfriend so its more down to personal preference i guess
Original post by SuperHuman98
depends on personal preference

I agree.

It's grinds my gears when people - not intentionally trying to single you out OP :console: - assume that all people will like/dislike the same thing. Everyone has a personal preference! Some will love the slim girls, others will not.
So why is being fat such a turnoff for many?
Not at all, I prefer the fuller figure myself.
Original post by angelcake123
So why is being fat such a turnoff for many?
It's unattractive to look at and signifies major personality flaws.

I would say yes they do need a slim body however Kat Dennings and Ariel Winters look pretty hot to me. Although Ariel had a boob reduction recently so maybe her boobs can no longer compensate for the extra weight she carries.
Original post by netflixJunkie20
??

Tbh for first looks (not going into deeper relationships based on personality etc) people will judge you first on how naturally attractive your face is then they judge your body and yes slim athletic bodies are the type that everyone gets turned on by no matter what I mean look at buzzfeed dominated by slim muscular men with fine abs and for guys they like the female counterpart(slim fit)
Its fine to fine fit people attractive/hot cause its natural but its not beneficial for a relationship . Overall you don't need one but if you want to be healthy then being fit then slim is the look. I'm slim and I get more male attention from 'fit' guys I just suppose its whoever looks similar to you goes for you same for personality. But slim still seems to tick everyone's boxes at first sight.
Original post by Jebedee
It's unattractive to look at and signifies major personality flaws.

I would say yes they do need a slim body however Kat Dennings and Ariel Winters look pretty hot to me. Although Ariel had a boob reduction recently so maybe her boobs can no longer compensate for the extra weight she carries.

Being unattractive is subjective and signifies major personality flaws is just wrong.
Original post by SophisticatedSir
Being unattractive is subjective and signifies major personality flaws is just wrong.

Only if you put major importance on extreme outliers and rare fetishists. Attractiveness has some subjectivity about it, there's no denying that. However for the most part people are objectively more attractive than others and due to certain features, being slim is one of those features.

You can try and argue that Rosie O'Donnell is more attractive than say Kate Upton for instance. But you'd be pissing in wind to say the least.
Original post by Jebedee
Only if you put major importance on extreme outliers and rare fetishists. Attractiveness has some subjectivity about it, there's no denying that. However for the most part people are objectively more attractive than others and due to certain features, being slim is one of those features.

You can try and argue that Rosie O'Donnell is more attractive than say Kate Upton for instance. But you'd be pissing in wind to say the least.

Still makes it subjective, though I won't deny the idea that more people deem being fat unattractive.

You still haven't answered how being fat shows major personality defects though.
I'd rather have a girl who's curvy than a skinny girl tbh...
Original post by SophisticatedSir
Still makes it subjective, though I won't deny the idea that more people deem being fat unattractive.

You still haven't answered how being fat shows major personality defects though.

With that logic anything can be subjective and nothing is objective. If I stomped on your toe you could tell me it objectively hurts but does the existence of masochism mean that isn't so?

Hard to answer this without just pointing out the glaringly obvious.
If you don't respect your body of all things, there's likely a lot of other things you don't respect also.
It signifies lack of discipline and laziness.

All kinds of things that the majority of people given the option would prefer not to deal with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending