The Student Room Group

Does he not love me as much as I do him?

I feel like i have to initiate everything intimate between us, but its got to the point where he doesnt even say i love you back unless I say it first..
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Justmoll28
I feel like i have to initiate everything impntimate between us, but its got to the point where he doesnt even say i love you back unless I say it first..

We're in the same boat lass.

Personally, I'd jump off and let him drown.
Reply 2
I feel like i have to initiate everything impntimate between us, but its got to the point where he doesnt even say i love you back unless I say it first..

Talk to him about it
Don't worry. Pick me - I love you more than he does.
Yeah, talk to him. Us guys tend to be oblivious to these kinds of things.
Original post by SeanFM
Yeah, talk to him. Us guys tend to be oblivious to these kinds of things.

Not all of us :biggrin:
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne

Okay, some guys tend to.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne

What about when they say"I'm fine"?
He probably doesn't even realise he's doing it. Communicate with him and see if things improve hun :smile:
Some people express themselves differently, in less explicit manners. I, for example. I do not gush, or volunteer expressions of love. Which has upset people in the past.

If it bothers you so, obviously you should tell him. However, it isn't necessarily because he doesn't love you. Sometimes, people don't personally feel as though need to say or do things the things that you yourself need from them. Either something must change in his behaviour, or you need to change your expectations, or you need to end it.
Reply 10
I feel like i have to initiate everything intimate between us, but its got to the point where he doesnt even say i love you back unless I say it first..

Some people may not like saying ' I love you' also what if he really doesn't love you?

Would you just be happy that he says ' I love you' just to please you?
Original post by Mancini
Some people may not like saying ' I love you' also what if he really doesn't love you?

Would you just be happy that he says ' I love you' just to please you?

Well hes my bestfriend as well as boyfriend and we have a,ready talked about marriage and children and our future and we are moving in together so i dont see why he wouldnt love me? He talks about 'our children' and how im going to be a great mum to his kids and stuff so i dont think he would say it just to please me if he openly wants me to mother his children
Reply 12
Well hes my bestfriend as well as boyfriend and we have a,ready talked about marriage and children and our future and we are moving in together so i dont see why he wouldnt love me? He talks about 'our children' and how im going to be a great mum to his kids and stuff so i dont think he would say it just to please me if he openly wants me to mother his children

Well that sounds really nice and beautiful and I'm not saying this to be cruel but sometimes as fast as love comes , love leaves at the same speed. Plenty of couples I am sure break up after having moved in together. Don't judge a person simply on their words but judge them on their actions. So maybe forget about the fact he does not express these words of romance to you maybe he actually does things for you that make you happy that you can think of. Could be as small as remembering to purchase some milk or remembering your birthday at this point in your relationship.
Sounds like a typical first love, a lot of talk about the future but while you won't want to hear it- these things rarely happen. Words are cheap, it often fizzles out and that's just the harsh reality of it Moll.
Original post by Mancini
Well that sounds really nice and beautiful and I'm not saying this to be cruel but sometimes as fast as love comes , love leaves at the same speed. Plenty of couples I am sure break up after having moved in together. Don't judge a person simply on their words but judge them on their actions. So maybe forget about the fact he does not express these words of romance to you maybe he actually does things for you that make you happy that you can think of. Could be as small as remembering to purchase some milk or remembering your birthday at this point in your relationship.

I was friends with him for a whole before we got together and we are in an LDR so im now panicking that we are just going to fizzle out and i dont know what to do..
Original post by Anonymous
Don't worry. Pick me - I love you more than he does.

Pm me silly
I was friends with him for a whole before we got together and we are in an LDR so im now panicking that we are just going to fizzle out and i dont know what to do..

As others have said, speak to him! Tell him everything you've said on this thread and see what he says.

A lack of communication causes so many problems in relationships. :sad:
Reply 17

The only thing you can do is communicate, what happens after that will be history.
Original post by Law-Hopeful
As others have said, speak to him! Tell him everything you've said on this thread and see what he says.

A lack of communication causes so many problems in relationships. :sad:

We have spoken and i think we have pretty much sorted it, he understands me and i him so we figured it out :smile:
We have spoken and i think we have pretty much sorted it, he understands me and i him so we figured it out :smile:

Great news. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending