The Student Room Group

Would you rather be rich with no friends or poor with lots of friends?

Poll

Would you rather be rich with no friends or poor with lots of friends?

For me definitely the latter, why? Simply because I'd live a happier life in that scenario & I value my happiness more than anything :yy:

EDIT:
I'd like to add that these are fixed constraints btw...
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's the old "Money doesn't buy you happiness". Innit.
be rich with no friends because i then can go out and travel or go to events where i can meet new people and befriend em
Rich then ply randomers with gifts to make them my friends :colone:
Rich with no friends, easily.

Since I'm guessing life should continue as usual, it's hella easier to make friends than get rich.

Secondly I'd prefer say, eating amazing food alone over wetherspoons with company.
Reply 5
Original post by FireGarden
Rich with no friends, easily.

Since I'm guessing life should continue as usual, it's hella easier to make friends than get rich.

Secondly I'd prefer say, eating amazing food alone over wetherspoons with company.

Lol try that for a year, see how the reality doesn't match your imagination

Posted from TSR Mobile
1. It's incredibly difficult to get rich
2. Money gives you new life experiences you just won't experience when you're poor.

So yeah A.

I see chavs everyday with LOADS of friends and family they don't look very content mind you.

Miserable.
Original post by justag
Lol try that for a year, see how the reality doesn't match your imagination

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're referring to the food, ironically I did (my masters year), and it was awesome. Not that I had no friends at all, but since they all spent loads of money on various stuff while I spent solely on food, I did eat out alone most nights.
Reply 8
If I had to think future wise.
-Rich with no friends: I'm a friendly person so I should be able to befriend oaks easily.
But are they trustworthy :curious:

-Poor with friends: There might be a friend who is rich or helpful and can boost me if I get in a rough spot (unlike if I was rich :unimpressed:)

Damn why is this so hard :angry:
Being rich gets boring after you run out of people to show off to.
Rich with no friends. I like being alone anyway, money trumps the friends for me.
rich.

ive got dogs, dont need people. Plus i can travel around the world and make new friends
Rich with no friends- Dogs are way better imo
Rich and poor are subjective here. Do you mean me having millions of pounds and being forever alone or being on benefits or something and having loads of friends?

I think it'd be the former tbh, just because I know I'd be able to make friends quite easily. I wouldn't let people know my true wealth so they can't manipulate me/be fake friends with me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TwinnyP
It's the old "Money doesn't buy you happiness". Innit.

Honestly, you can't rely on people and people drift apart. Like some friends I'm no longer in contact, I'll still remember how distant they've become-BUT money makes me very very very very happy!!!!! There's more to life than the social aspect of it-like you'll always have a chance to meet new people and make new friends! Money is everything for me! That's what it's all about really hahaa :smile::smile:
Original post by DannyDualscar
be rich with no friends because i then can go out and travel or go to events where i can meet new people and befriend em

Yes!!!! Exactly what I feel!!
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Rich with no friends- Dogs are way better imo

Loveeeee it :smile:
Original post by Foreverlost--
Loveeeee it :smile:

:h:
Original post by Bill_Gates
1. It's incredibly difficult to get rich
2. Money gives you new life experiences you just won't experience when you're poor.

So yeah A.

I see chavs everyday with LOADS of friends and family they don't look very content mind you.

Miserable.

I think the poll to this thread shows the majority want to be on the high life!!! This was an easy question for me straight away-no need to think!!! money, money, money ... . :biggrin::biggrin:
If all the people I know are with me for their money that's calm.

Quick Reply

Latest