The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Will these stats give me an interview for medicine?

My AS grades were BCCC ( biology, chemistry, physics and maths ) with predictions of AAAB respectively.
GCSE 6A* 6A
I got a UKCAT score of 2840 band 2.

would love any advice and help, thanks.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by akshay.singh
My AS grades were BCCC ( biology, chemistry, physics and maths ) with predictions of AAAB respectively.
GCSE 6A* 6A

my score is 56/68 from their scoring system and i was wondering if this is enough to get an interview?

Well, your GCSE's are perfectly fine, but your AS grades are a bit of a let down for you, I think with the AS grades you got, it purely depends on who else applies. :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
GCSE 6A* 6A

As Hayley Williams has said, the GCSEs are fine for the non-GCSE-heavy medical schools but your AS levels are significantly below what most people will have. Don't get me wrong, you still have a shot at some places where they don't look at AS grades at all but you need to apply strategically. Have a look at http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Applying_to_Medical_School_using_your_Strengths. If you're interested in any particular medical schools, you should then look at their own website as some of the information in that link might be out of date.

Some medical schools might also doubt some of your predictions because it's generally unrealistic to predict more than one grade higher at A2. But anyway, apply and see what happens. If you don't get in, you always have the option of reapplying with achieved grades.
Original post by Hydeman
As Hayley Williams has said, the GCSEs are fine for the non-GCSE-heavy medical schools but your AS levels are significantly below what most people will have. Don't get me wrong, you still have a shot at some places where they don't look at AS grades at all but you need to apply strategically. Have a look at http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Applying_to_Medical_School_using_your_Strengths. If you're interested in any particular medical schools, you should then look at their own website as some of the information in that link might be out of date.

Some medical schools might also doubt some of your predictions because it's generally unrealistic to predict more than one grade higher at A2. But anyway, apply and see what happens. If you don't get in, you always have the option of reapplying with achieved grades.

Thank you for your help.
Do you know which universities do not look at AS grades at all?
Thank you for your help.
Do you know which universities do not look at AS grades at all?

Cardiff, I think. There are others but I advise you look at the link I provided in my last post as I don't remember these things off the top of my head. :wink:
Original post by Hydeman
Cardiff, I think. There are others but I advise you look at the link I provided in my last post as I don't remember these things off the top of my head. :wink:

Ok thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending