University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Any info on Morton house in Carnatic?
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by Abby_M97
Any info on Morton house in Carnatic?

I'm in Morton! What info do you need? There's a Facebook chat going too with people from Morton in :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChloeSteele
I'm in Morton! What info do you need? There's a Facebook chat going too with people from Morton in :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in that chat heheh 😀
Can anyone link me to rankin hall group chat ?
Original post by A.nonX
Thanks for your reply. Also do you remember how many there was per house?

Not quite sure, I'm guessing 4-7 people depending on which house you're in. The place has been done up nicely though, so looks great :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nikhita
Hi I have a room available at Europa student accommodation, it's a great location, walking distance from all the universities as well as the town centre, it's shared with 5 girls from the University of Liverpool, its £119 a week, all bills included and double ensuite room with shared kitchen and tv/sofa area. Message me if you're interested! :smile:

Hey, are you guys doing ug or pg? This is my first time in Liverpool, and I havent got confirmation for university accomodation as yet. Please can you give me more details then :smile:
Just wondering if anybody on here is staying in the Glassworks accomodation in Liverpool? The university offered me accomodation that I didn't want so I chose to go private!
Original post by daleigh96
Just wondering if anybody on here is staying in the Glassworks accomodation in Liverpool? The university offered me accomodation that I didn't want so I chose to go private!

hey, yeah i'm in glasswork
Original post by Joewa12
Currently a first year student living in greenbank halls. I found it really hard to find any info last year about halls so thought I would help abit. The off campus (greenbank and Carnatic) are probably a bit more socialable and most of these places are catered. Catered is good as going for meals becomes quite socialable. Food is okay. Can kitchen sizes vary. Most people will get one of these two over on campus (vine court and crown) even if you put none of these in your options it's really **** how they do it. I would say greenbank food is slightly better due to the less volume of people to serve. Rankin is probably the best hall facilities wise as tey renovated it a couple of years ago to give a social area. Any questions feel free to contact me.

Hello, I've been given a place in Greenbank and I was wondering how many people you would share a bathroom with? Also, was there many vegetarian/vegan options in catered or is it pretty limited? And, what sort of kitchen equipment do you recommend, obviously you wouldn't be cooking meals but I wondered what sort of utensils you took? Finally, if you have any photos of the rooms or any info on the sort of size of it that would be really helpful! Oh.. one more thing, do I get a mirror in my room or should I buy one? Sorry to bombard you with questions haha!:smile:
Original post by sophiehinsley
Hello, I've been given a place in Greenbank and I was wondering how many people you would share a bathroom with? Also, was there many vegetarian/vegan options in catered or is it pretty limited? And, what sort of kitchen equipment do you recommend, obviously you wouldn't be cooking meals but I wondered what sort of utensils you took? Finally, if you have any photos of the rooms or any info on the sort of size of it that would be really helpful! Oh.. one more thing, do I get a mirror in my room or should I buy one? Sorry to bombard you with questions haha!:smile:

Hey, I was at Greenbank so thought I'd answer :smile: it's roughly about 4 people to a bathroom. There are a few vegetarian/vegan options available, they do veggie sausages etc for breakfast. They offer vegetarian options of certain dishes for dinner, there will usually be a couple of options each day. Obviously it's more limited in comparison to those who do eat meat etc, though :redface: The salad variety is pretty good too. The only things you'll really need are spoons/knives/forks, plates/bowls, there's only a toaster, fridge and microwave so you can't do too much. The room sizes are pretty good! You'll have a mirror by your sink but not a full length one :smile:

Here's a picture of my room!

1441830611680.jpg

My room was actually one of the smaller ones, some are bigger :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Changing Skies
Hey, I was at Greenbank so thought I'd answer :smile: it's roughly about 4 people to a bathroom. There are a few vegetarian/vegan options available, they do veggie sausages etc for breakfast. They offer vegetarian options of certain dishes for dinner, there will usually be a couple of options each day. Obviously it's more limited in comparison to those who do eat meat etc, though :redface: The salad variety is pretty good too. The only things you'll really need are spoons/knives/forks, plates/bowls, there's only a toaster, fridge and microwave so you can't do too much. The room sizes are pretty good! You'll have a mirror by your sink but not a full length one :smile:

Here's a picture of my room!

1441830611680.jpg

My room was actually one of the smaller ones, some are bigger :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey :smile: Ive also been offered accommodation at Greenbank and was worrying about the vegetarian/vegan options so I'm really glad the question has been answered! Most places are usually restricted in terms of those meal options so it shouldn't really be too much of a problem. I wonder if you could answer another question that's been bothering me a little. Are the bathrooms mixed gendered or are they single sex?
Original post by wildflowerbloom
Hey :smile: Ive also been offered accommodation at Greenbank and was worrying about the vegetarian/vegan options so I'm really glad the question has been answered! Most places are usually restricted in terms of those meal options so it shouldn't really be too much of a problem. I wonder if you could answer another question that's been bothering me a little. Are the bathrooms mixed gendered or are they single sex?

Hello! :smile: glad I could help! Yeah I can imagine :redface: bathrooms are single sex :smile:
Hello! :smile: glad I could help! Yeah I can imagine :redface: bathrooms are single sex :smile:

Ah thank you for clearing that up! I thought of another question last night and I promise it's the last xp I hadn't origionally applied to stay at Greenbank because it would have been really ideal to stay on campus (I'm studying Architecture). They've been really insistent on keeping me in Greenbank despite promising me I had a really good chance to move to one I had origionally asked for, so now I've had to get a bus pass. I've read somewhere that it is recommended for students to in Greenbank to get the earlier bus because it follows the same route Carnatic residents use and they are picked up first. Is it difficult getting a place on the bus so you are on time to your course? What would you advise?
Original post by wildflowerbloom
Ah thank you for clearing that up! I thought of another question last night and I promise it's the last xp I hadn't origionally applied to stay at Greenbank because it would have been really ideal to stay on campus (I'm studying Architecture). They've been really insistent on keeping me in Greenbank despite promising me I had a really good chance to move to one I had origionally asked for, so now I've had to get a bus pass. I've read somewhere that it is recommended for students to in Greenbank to get the earlier bus because it follows the same route Carnatic residents use and they are picked up first. Is it difficult getting a place on the bus so you are on time to your course? What would you advise?

You're welcome! :smile:

Buses are actually fine :smile: I think it used to be a bit of an issue but they've improved the service. In the morning, for lectures that start at like 9 or 10 when a lot of people are in, they send empty buses directly to Greenbank so that they aren't taken up by everyone from Carnatic. And then if you're in later, you won't struggle at all to get a bus. I was always able to get on a bus! I usually left at 25 past the hour, so if I was in for 13:00 I'd get the 12:25 bus :smile: just depends on how early you want to get there before the lecture starts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're welcome! :smile:

Buses are actually fine :smile: I think it used to be a bit of an issue but they've improved the service. In the morning, for lectures that start at like 9 or 10 when a lot of people are in, they send empty buses directly to Greenbank so that they aren't taken up by everyone from Carnatic. And then if you're in later, you won't struggle at all to get a bus. I was always able to get on a bus! I usually left at 25 past the hour, so if I was in for 13:00 I'd get the 12:25 bus :smile: just depends on how early you want to get there before the lecture starts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's really reassuring thank you! I'll probably follow that advice. I'm usually quite lazy in the morning and tend to lounge around so I can ease myself awake, then I end up stressing I'll be late and find I'm often an hour too early. If I can use your advice to guide my timings I'll be able to find a routine to fit myself. Thanks again for answering 😊
Original post by ef-walker
I'm staying at the railyard this september, anybody else at UoL? :smile: or doing architecture?

I am! Doing MSc sustainable and environmental design and staying at the railyard
Original post by Azurefeline
So do they come into your room and inspect you or something? I'm perfectly fine with not having candles and fairy lights in my bedroom but I'm not OK with people snooping through my stuff every other day to check I'm not hoarding them or anything.....

we cant have fairy lights in our room?!
Original post by sarahalouane
we cant have fairy lights in our room?!

You can have battery operated ones but not plug in ones :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there anyone who's got Vine court and has had an email to confirm what time to arrive? I literally only had that online form to say what time I'm probably going to arrive :/
GUYS! Have any of you went to ''alexstudent.com'' accommodation? Is it good? Im in their Woodside court, on Woodside Street. PLEASE SB ANSWER

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending