The Student Room Group

likely to get any offers??? please help

Hi just wondering,
I didn't do very well at AS due to lack of motivation and pretty much no revision,
I got CDEE in Spanish, Maths, Physics, Chemistry and dropped the two Es (physics and chemistry), but and going to do AS and A2 french this year as i am near fluent so will be a fairly easy A if not A*

Now taking Maths, Spanish and French, i know that i can do so much better this year hopefully getting atleast A*AB (or A*AA if i try so hard), but i'm worried i won't get many offers due to my bad AS grades?

I want to to Economics at UCL/warwick etc, but don't know how likely I would even get an offer at this stage, I still don't know my predicted grades, is it worth applying this year or wait until I hopefully get good A2s? or just any advice in general?
Thank you
(edited 8 years ago)
Will be extremely hard and unliekly especially at UCL/Warwick as ask for a minimum of A*AA, and you realistally will be predicted ABC max. Do you really think you can get an A* in maths/spanish with the resists? It's definetly worth working your hardest though¬
good luck getting those grades. especially in maths. AS maths is way way way easier than A2. What did you get in C1 and C2?
you'll need a great personal statement too.
Reply 3
Original post by Sonnyjimisgod
Will be extremely hard and unliekly especially at UCL/Warwick as ask for a minimum of A*AA, and you realistally will be predicted ABC max. Do you really think you can get an A* in maths/spanish with the resists? It's definetly worth working your hardest though¬

i think i could get an A* in spanish if i really do try, and possibly in Maths, yeah I might apply to UCL and then just 4 others which aren't as hard to get in and see where it goes from there,
thank you
Reply 4
Original post by sqwertylol
good luck getting those grades. especially in maths. AS maths is way way way easier than A2. What did you get in C1 and C2?
you'll need a great personal statement too.

I got C C1, U C2 and D S1 i can still get an A overall at AS if i only retake C1 and C2 (my school advice not to redo statistics as we don't do any at A2), and revise so much for A2s this year
Original post by rebeccarmi
I got C C1, U C2 and D S1 i can still get an A overall at AS if i only retake C1 and C2 (my school advice not to redo statistics as we don't do any at A2), and revise so much for A2s this year

most people who get A grade in maths overall don't get an A grade overall in the A2 modules. so you should retake all of those and get as high as possible as they are super easy compared to A2 modules.
Hi just wondering,
I didn't do very well at AS due to lack of motivation and pretty much no revision,
I got CDEE in Spanish, Maths, Physics, Chemistry and dropped the two Es (physics and chemistry), but and going to do AS and A2 french this year as i am near fluent so will be a fairly easy A if not A*

Now taking Maths, Spanish and French, i know that i can do so much better this year hopefully getting atleast A*AB (or A*AA if i try so hard), but i'm worried i won't get many offers due to my bad AS grades?

I want to to Economics at UCL/warwick etc, but don't know how likely I would even get an offer at this stage, I still don't know my predicted grades, is it worth applying this year or wait until I hopefully get good A2s? or just any advice in general?
Thank you

I would say your chances of an offer this year from unis such as those are virtually nil. You would stand a much better chance post A2 if you achieve the grades which you think you are capable of.
Reply 7
Original post by ageshallnot
I would say your chances of an offer this year from unis such as those are virtually nil. You would stand a much better chance post A2 if you achieve the grades which you think you are capable of.

Yeah, this was what I was thinking, I might apply this year as I may as well, but know that I'm planning on taking a year out if I don't (and probably won't) get any offers. Thank you
Yeah, this was what I was thinking, I might apply this year as I may as well, but know that I'm planning on taking a year out if I don't (and probably won't) get any offers. Thank you

That's probably your best bet. Try to do something constructive with your year out.
Reply 9
Original post by ageshallnot
That's probably your best bet. Try to do something constructive with your year out.

Yeah thank you, been thinking about internship with IBM or something similar or maybe a language course
Yeah thank you, been thinking about internship with IBM or something similar or maybe a language course

Hi Rebeccarmi,

If you have any questions regarding the IBM internship please let me know.

Happy to help!

Hope to hear from you soon,

Sean Kennedy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending