The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Most women don't wear makeup for the attention of men, honey. Get over yourself :h:
Reply 2
I don't wear makeup- I think women wear it to look prettier and feel more confident for themselves not just to impress men, although that's a reason too.
Reply 3
Original post by Zaffre
Most women don't wear makeup for the attention of men, honey. Get over yourself :h:

Well the women who do wear it to please men, IMO the guys they will be getting will be horrible anyway if they just like their girlfriends for the make up

Yes @arfah I guess but how does make up make you confident as it is just face paint
Reply 4
Original post by Meninism
Well the women who do wear it to please men, IMO the guys they will be getting will be horrible anyway if they just like their girlfriends for the make up

Yes @arfah I guess but how does make up make you confident as it is just face paint

Some people think and sometimes do look better with a full face of makeup. I don't think makeup looks good on me at all, personally I look like a clown, but some girls look gorg (when applied properly). *_* it can obviously be deceiving to males, don't know if you heard of men suing their newly wed wives for deceiving them with makeup. :tongue:
Reply 5

I don't think that a guy finding a girl attractive with makeup on automatically makes him a bad potential boyfriend. I personally find that the confidence many women get from wearing makeup attracts guys, often more so than the makeup itself.

And in terms of "deception", I don't really get what you're saying. No boyfriend of mine has ever cared that I look different when I go to bed. Wearing nice clothes, doing your makeup, your hair and all the rest of it helps with the initial attraction that people look for. After that it's your personality and the connection between you that keeps them around, so who cares about the makeup?

If a guy cares about my makeup or how I look without it, then great. It's an efficient way to filter out the ****boys :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by arfah
Some people think and sometimes do look better with a full face of makeup. I don't think makeup looks good on me at all, personally I look like a clown, but some girls look gorg (when applied properly). *_* it can obviously be deceiving to males, don't know if you heard of men suing their newly wed wives for deceiving them with makeup. :tongue:

oh yes in india :tongue:

How can makeup not look good on you? :confused:
Original post by Zaffre

sure. lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Zaffre
I don't think that a guy finding a girl attractive with makeup on automatically makes him a bad potential boyfriend. I personally find that the confidence many women get from wearing makeup attracts guys, often more so than the makeup itself.

And in terms of "deception", I don't really get what you're saying. No boyfriend of mine has ever cared that I look different when I go to bed. Wearing nice clothes, doing your makeup, your hair and all the rest of it helps with the initial attraction that people look for. After that it's your personality and the connection between you that keeps them around, so who cares about the makeup?

If a guy cares about my makeup or how I look without it, then great. It's an efficient way to filer out the ****boys :tongue:

well then if a girl's wearing it to please men surely a boyfriend should also think she looks good without it? The guys who like her without it won't care if she wears it if you see what I mean and the shallow boys who only like her with makeup think its a deception too
Reply 9

I know women who dont wear it for men and are not just angry liberal feminists

But I mean the ones who do
There's a very line between accentuating your features and natural beauty and completely changing your face with makeup
Reply 11
oh yes in india :tongue:

How can makeup not look good on you? :confused:

It makes me look fake and like I'm trying too hard or something :lol:
I don't think I look hideous without so yolo :h:
Reply 12
well then if a girl's wearing it to please men surely a boyfriend should also think she looks good without it? The guys who like her without it won't care if she wears it if you see what I mean and the shallow boys who only like her with makeup think its a deception too

Ahh okay, I see what you're saying now.

I don't know any girl who would actually want a guy who only wants her for her face. If a girl is actively wearing makeup for the sole purpose of attracting men, then I refer back to what I said about initial attraction.

For example, if I get approached on the street or on nights out then I make the (relatively safe) assumption that they came up to me because of how I look. In all honesty, I really don't think I would get half as much attention if I didn't bother putting effort in before I left the house. However once I'm dating a guy, they're unlikely to stick around solely for my looks. Even if they would, I wouldn't want them to. I'd much rather they still love me when I walk around the house in baggy clothes and no makeup. I would think that most girls feel the same.
Reply 13
Most women look dramatically different without the chemical warpaint, so yeah I'd say it is a form of deception.
The existence of the "natural make-up" look further reinforces this.
(edited 8 years ago)
Makeup is better than photoshop :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No makeup isn't a deception. Literally, if it gives someone even an ounce of confidence then they are free to wear as much as they want. People need to get off their high horse because girls don't do it for guys :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who cares tho?
If people can't tell what I'm doing with make up, it's their problem, not mine :lol:

I don't get why guys make such a massive deal out of it. So you see a girl walking down the street wearing an inch of make up - how does that affect you in any way?
Girls don't wear makeup for guys:/
We wear makeup for ourselves

Posted from TSR Mobile
a. not everyone (i.e basically no one) wears makeup to attract men
b. makeup allows good features to accentuated, can be fun, can be a form of art etc. It's not a 'mask' to deceive people

Latest

Trending

Trending