The Student Room Group

American Football Talk II

Scroll to see replies

Red Zone is on Gamepass right? I'll probably watch that for the early games if so.

Otherwise I would love to see Buffalo beat the Colts.
Original post by Motorbiker
Good luck being beaten down by Bryant and Romo dreamteam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No doubt, it will be difficult. I am just hoping our secondary shows some more mettle this time round. I'm always optimistic ahead of a new season, no matter who we have in the first game
Reply 1322
Original post by SmashConcept
Red Zone is on Gamepass right? I'll probably watch that for the early games if so.

Otherwise I would love to see Buffalo beat the Colts.

Me too as long as Gore goes for 100 yards rushing and a TD in their valiant effort.
I'd like that too, but I don't think it will happen. I think Gore is a bit overrated just for being a guy everyone loves. Buffalo's defensive front is not overrated and Indy's O line... hold on let me check Google to see if Indy has an O line or not.
Reply 1324
It's not the worst O-Line by any means 17th according to PFF and 13th in run blocking despite not having any proper RBs last year (Can you name the Colts RBs from last season excluding TRich (and that's because he was horrible), I have one.) Buffalo's front 7 is nasty for sure. He's going to see more pass oriented defences with the ridiculous collection of receivers; I think he might surprise you, possibly not against Buffalo but he'll be useful.
Oh yeah, no doubt he'll be useful. I don't tend to set much stock in PFF grades though, I find that for lesser known OL (especially on the interior) they tend to be pretty weird. Boom Herron was the one I thought of.. weirdly one of the only two games I remember of the Colts from last year TRich was actually pretty good (vs Chargers I think). Yeah Gore is an upgrade, but I think it will be a long day for him. He will do his job and keep the defense honest enough for Luck to almost certainly outgun Tyrod Taylor though. Shady is playing right?
Red zone on laptop, playing xbox with the nfl app snapped on the sidebar. Cannot wait.

Any week one bold predictions?

How about there will be 2 games.... yes 2 games with fewer than 15 points scored total.
Tampa vs Tennessee, 4 rushing TDs, all scored by QBs.
Finally, Philly vs Atlanta, 1000 passing yards and 8 different players with receiving TDs. Gettem.
Well so far my week 1 prediction was that Brady wouldn't be a great fantasy play, so.... :rofl:

I don't know which games you think will be so low scoring. Browns Jets will be 13-10 with the Jets winning and the Browns scoring their only TD on a pick six with Cro running back a pick to give the Jets field position for an FG on a 3 and out.

The second prediction I was confused about because Mariota is great at looking down the field and rarely looks to run. Then I realised that Winston is a bipedal mammal so the Titans defense is highly unlikely to be able to tackle him, so I can get on with that prediction.

Can't even argue with that kind of Eagles fun.
Got to go bold or go home :biggrin:
Reply 1329
I'll take a hero pick on Baltimore against Denver as my bold one for the day. I'm tempted to stick it as my odds booster for my accumulator.
Pick showing packers beats game on free view.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apparently the GB v bears game in is on free view channel pick. I've not checked yet though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Holy ****, you're right. Glorious, live, free to air Football on TV.Sky actually did something very kind for once.

You won't believe how happy that news has made me. So here's ten nyan cats.

:nyan::nyan::nyan::nyan::nyan::nyan::nyan::nyan::nyan::nyan:

shame the Ravens-Broncos game isn't on FTA, but that would be asking for too much. ;')
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jammy4041
Holy ****, you're right. Glorious, live, free to air Football on TV.Sky actually did something very kind for once.

You won't believe how happy that news has made me. So here's ten nyan cats.

:nyan::nyan::nyan::nyan::nyan::nyan::nyan::nyan::nyan::nyan:

shame the Ravens-Broncos game isn't on FTA, but that would be asking for too much. ;')

Guessing it's to get people hooked.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1333
Yeah and this is more accessible time wise than the 21:30. I'll double down on my hero pick and take Oakland over Cincinnati too! How's that for bold!?

Why have the Bears moved Kyle Long?! He is up there when you talk about the best guard in the league. Why change a winning formula? I don't get it.
Nice run by Forte then. Thought he was getting nothing..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bears screwing it up in the redzone. We're flying until then...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1336
Guessing it's to get people hooked.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, on the surface it seems like a nice gesture (and it is pretty awesome having NFL on terrestrial at a decent time as well!), but really it's just Sky Sports trying to get some subscribers.

Glad the NFL is back though, I wonder whether the Seahwawks will make it 3 SBs in a row, I doubt it, but one can hope, they've still kept the core of their squad and seem fancied to do well once again this season. Tyler Lockett getting a TD just now :biggrin:
What happened to mccown
Watching HD redzone stream.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SmashConcept
What happened to mccown

I think he practically died after that trying to be a hero and scrambling for a TD. He literally hit the Jets defenders as he reached out for the TD, swung round like a helicopter and fumbled the ball, resulting in a turnover, and toucback.

Quick Reply

Latest