The Student Room Group

Medicine Abroad

Medical universities in Europe vaguely states that they just want qualifications in A levels. What does this mean? What sort of grades do they really want or do they not care? Also, how which medical universities in Europe actually have lesser competition?
well, i do know that many of them take their own entrance test, on chemistry, biology and physics/math(some require math -.-). so they usually rely mostly on that and your interview im pretty sure.
im not sure about which one is the least competitive but for example, Charles University in Czech republic, has 5 faculties in medicine, so you can apply for more than one of them, which i think would increase ur chances?
Reply 2
Original post by behsheedx
well, i do know that many of them take their own entrance test, on chemistry, biology and physics/math(some require math -.-). so they usually rely mostly on that and your interview im pretty sure.
im not sure about which one is the least competitive but for example, Charles University in Czech republic, has 5 faculties in medicine, so you can apply for more than one of them, which i think would increase ur chances?

Thanks very much!
Reply 3
Original post by prsri25
Thanks very much!

Bear in mind that if a European uni doesn't seem to require high grades for entry, it might be the case that they have a tough first year and a 'cull' at the end of it - i.e. you need to out-perform other people for the places in second year.
Original post by prsri25
Medical universities in Europe vaguely states that they just want qualifications in A levels. What does this mean? What sort of grades do they really want or do they not care? Also, how which medical universities in Europe actually have lesser competition?

Hello! We have some free information and advice on studying medicine abroad here:

https://www.themedicportal.com/application-guide/studying-medicine-abroad/

The Medic Portal
Reply 5
Original post by Ronove
Bear in mind that if a European uni doesn't seem to require high grades for entry, it might be the case that they have a tough first year and a 'cull' at the end of it - i.e. you need to out-perform other people for the places in second year.

Does that mean you need to be in the top some percent to be able to stay on course?
Reply 6
Original post by prsri25
Does that mean you need to be in the top some percent to be able to stay on course?

Yes.
Reply 7
Original post by Ronove
Yes.

Thank you
European medical schools have the highest attrition rates!

Where/when are you thinking about applying??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
European medical schools have the highest attrition rates!

Where/when are you thinking about applying??

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you mean by attrition rate?
Original post by prsri25
What do you mean by attrition rate?

Like no. people who drop out/get kicked out cause the course abroad is so hard

I'm thinking of applying to Charles in Prague but that's putting me off :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Like no. people who drop out/get kicked out cause the course abroad is so hard

I'm thinking of applying to Charles in Prague but that's putting me off :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes i have heard that too. but if you are dedicated you should be able to do it right
Original post by prsri25
yes i have heard that too. but if you are dedicated you should be able to do it right

I guess but it's just a lot to think about considering no student loan/living away from home etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I guess but it's just a lot to think about considering no student loan/living away from home etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

True that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending