The Student Room Group

Lying just to increase my predicted grade?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Muttley79
You will have to put the resit on your UCAS form and then what do you do? If you then don't do it you've been untruthful and your offer could be withdrawn.

There is a fallacy about 'predicting one grade higher' - most schools don't do that because they get a reputation for over-prediction. When A2 is harder it makes no sense anyway.

OP, perhaps your work during the year did not merit an A prediction? What was your AS prediction?

I just wont put the resit on my application because I dont intend to do it. The only way this can backfire is if my teacher somehow adds the resit on my application.

Im probz not going to do it anyway, this is my last resort.
Original post by HenryKenry
I just wont put the resit on my application because I dont intend to do it. The only way this can backfire is if my teacher somehow adds the resit on my application.

Im probz not going to do it anyway, this is my last resort.

Your application is checked by your school ... if you've told a teacher you are doing a resit then they'll expect to see it on there.
Original post by Muttley79
Your application is checked by your school ... if you've told a teacher you are doing a resit then they'll expect to see it on there.

Ok so what if my school do put it on the application, and then I dont do it....I changed my mind!

But now im thinking shall I just retake, I dont know :frown: Im so confused.
Ok so what if my school do put it on the application, and then I dont do it....I changed my mind!

But now im thinking shall I just retake, I dont know :frown: Im so confused.

You need to tell the uni if you change your mind about the resit and they could withdraw your offer.
just try and convince them, unless you plan to resit or remark, if your teacher doesnt think you can increase your grade to an A then dont risk it - you may end up not achieving your offer, if anything you could then go through adjustment
But if your predicted grades aren't high enough then you might not get an offer so it won't matter what grades you get at A2 (notwithstanding UCAS adjustment/gap year etc).
Being predicted AAA instead of AAB could be the difference between getting an offer and not getting an offer.

OP: just tell your teacher you really need to be predicted an A, then if that fails tell her whatever you need to tell her to get her to predict you an A. It's not as if you're lying to UCAS, so who cares. :dontknow:
You apply with your AS grades and A2 predictions. If your final grades are better than your predicted grades (/than you expected them to be) then you can either: still go to your firm choice; go through UCAS adjustment (where you reject your firm and find a 'better' course with places left, bearing in mind that the best courses will have filled all of their places); take a year out to reapply.
Reply 28
Ok so my teacher has predicted me a B in History, but I was 4 marks off an A in my AS level. She wont increase the predicted grade, so what if I basically tell her I will retake a unit so that she can increase my grade, but when it comes to january I'll say I changed my mind about the retake? That way I can apply with A as a predicted??

I know its bad but im desperate. Will this work? She cant change my predicted in January because its already put through right?

What is the guarantee that she would still predict a A even if you retake?
Original post by grassntai
No it isn't, history is very subjective, the OP could literally make up for it in his coursework unit.

I was also 4 raw marks off an A and that's what my history teacher told me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

4 raw marks is worse than 4 ums marks lol. if it was 4 ums then that might only be 2 marks. 4 raw marks is loads of ums. probably 10
Original post by sqwertylol
4 raw marks is worse than 4 ums marks lol. if it was 4 ums then that might only be 2 marks. 4 raw marks is loads of ums. probably 10

it's around 8ums. irregardless you can easily make it up in the coursework,
it's around 8ums. irregardless you can easily make it up in the coursework,

he said 4 raw to make it sound like 4 raw was better than 4 ums - i was correcting him.
maybe you could but that'd mean you would need solid A2 marks in the final exams and those are harder than the AS exams. doesn't make sense to do this
Original post by sqwertylol
he said 4 raw to make it sound like 4 raw was better than 4 ums - i was correcting him.
maybe you could but that'd mean you would need solid A2 marks in the final exams and those are harder than the AS exams. doesn't make sense to do this

Yes I know but its been statistically proven that most arts and humanities students improve their grades at A2. I got 152ums (160 for an A) with 2 days worth of revision. i don't see why not the OP shouldn't be predicted an A if he can convince his teacher that he will work hard.
Yes I know but its been statistically proven that most arts and humanities students improve their grades at A2. I got 152ums (160 for an A) with 2 days worth of revision. i don't see why not the OP shouldn't be predicted an A if he can convince his teacher that he will work hard.

its not statistically proven - think about it mate.

Quick Reply

Latest