The Student Room Group

Girls seem to ignore me?

Hello

I am posting this because I am extremely sad and frustrated at the fact that girls I have contacted have totally ignored me, despite me being friendly and caring.

This is especially so on Facebook, where I have messaged girls, asking how they are, trying to initiate a meaningful conversation and soforth; with them simply ignoring me completely.

In addition to this, I have recently joined online dating sites like Match UK and PoF, as I thought that this would boost my chances of getting to know a girl and having a relationship with someone. However, despite contacting some girls on these sites, the site tells me that they have visited my profile, but they don't even take notice of my well-worded messages and it's extremely rude and disconcerting. This was unexpected as dating sites are made for people trying to develop a bond with someone.

I'd like to add that I haven't mistreated anyone before, especially ladies. I also don't judge people on their appearance, and I make it clear to people that personality is far more important. Not that this matters, because I have been ignored time and time again.

It seems extremely strange that girls have ignored me, and it's getting upsetting and degrading for my morale and relationship chances. I am starting to think that I am completely undateable.

Thank you.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Here's a idea, How about you ditch facebook, twitter, pof, instagram all these dating websites and actually attempt to meet someone face and interact with them from their. Hiding behind a computer screen won't get you far. And if you can take the time to write essays on pof how hard is it for you to translate that into a conversation matter with any females in public.
(edited 8 years ago)
We live in a sad world.

We get judged a lot on our looks.

I don't like it but it's just the way it is.

It's something we have to accept.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hello

I am posting this because I am extremely sad and frustrated at the fact that girls I have contacted have totally ignored me, despite me being friendly and caring.

This is especially so on Facebook, where I have messaged girls, asking how they are, trying to initiate a meaningful conversation and soforth; with them simply ignoring me completely.

In addition to this, I have recently joined online dating sites like Match UK and PoF, as I thought that this would boost my chances of getting to know a girl and having a relationship with someone. However, despite contacting some girls on these sites, the site tells me that they have visited my profile, but they don't even take notice of my well-worded messages and it's extremely rude and disconcerting. This was unexpected as dating sites are made for people trying to develop a bond with someone.

I'd like to add that I haven't mistreated anyone before, especially ladies. I also don't judge people on their appearance, and I make it clear to people that personality is far more important. Not that this matters, because I have been ignored time and time again.

It seems extremely strange that girls have ignored me, and it's getting upsetting and degrading for my morale and relationship chances. I am starting to think that I am completely undateable.

Thank you.

Chin up Rob.
Aw I'm a girl and I'm not ignoring you :smile: although I understand your frustration, maybe speak to girls that aren't online?
Reply 5
This is the reality of the virtual dating world. Don't get bitter, get your best gear on and head to the pub with your mates instead.
Original post by TwinnyP
Chin up Rob.

XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by angelcake123
Aw I'm a girl and I'm not ignoring you :smile: although I understand your frustration, maybe speak to girls that aren't online?

Well if that's you in your DP then you obviously not a girl?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I'm so sorry to hear that. :hugs: I assure you that you've just met the wrong people, that's all. Maybe those sites arent the best bc I dont think people pay close attention despite the fact they're dating sites so dont lose hope. You could perhaps try to meet girls elsewhere rather than online and see if the 'face-to-face' interaction is any better. I don't think you're undateable, sometimes it takes a little time to meet the right person but always remember it'll be more than worth it when it does happen so I suppose for the moment you've just got to be patient and stay being you bc you sound like a really nice guy from your explanation in the OP. I hope everything works out soon and as for those people on facebook, they're just silly + rude. I would never ignore someone who tried to initate conversation with me, ultimately it's their loss. <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't just message girls and ask how they are. I haven't seen your messages so don't know how they come across, but I and every other girl active on Facebook have had messages like this, and it always comes across as creepy because it's straight away obvious what the guy wants. I used to just ignore them, and I think most women do. Now, I tell them to **** off and/or explain why I don't enjoy it (depending on which mood I'm in), and it's an insta-block if it's someone I don't know well IRL.
Reply 10
I wouldn't take the Facebook thing to heart. Most girls get a lot of messages from guys they don't really talk to - if you aren't already talking in real life then your chances of a reply are slim.

With online dating, many people will be quite superficial as you're mostly judging off a picture, with only a bit of information about yourself. People aren't likely to bother reading paragraphs either. I've never personally used a dating site, but I'd imagine that people go through a lot of profiles before finding one they like, so I wouldn't worry so much about the number of views on your profile. Online dating can give the freedom for people to be quite picky - you're literally picking from a catalogue of people.

Your best bet is going out and meeting people in person. From your post it sounds like most of your pursuits are done from a computer. If you want people to like you for your personality then being friends first should help a lot :smile:

The only other thing I'd say to change is the way you're approaching this mentally. You seem to have the mindset that you're entitled to these girls, as though they owe you a relationship because you've been "friendly and caring", or because you've never mistreated a woman. Also, how you think that it's rude that women on dating sites aren't interested. I really don't mean to sound rude here as I know you mean well and you sound like a nice person, I just think you might want to watch out for this as it can be a turnoff :redface:

Good luck!!
Get a professional makeup artist and photographer for your profile picture. Should improve your chances.

Or start working out and just walk around outside once you have a good body. Panties will drop where ever you go.

Also acquire dance moves. Probably the most effective strategy of all
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zaffre
I wouldn't take the Facebook thing to heart. Most girls get a lot of messages from guys they don't really talk to - if you aren't already talking in real life then your chances of a reply are slim.

With online dating, many people will be quite superficial as you're mostly judging off a picture, with only a bit of information about yourself. People aren't likely to bother reading paragraphs either. I've never personally used a dating site, but I'd imagine that people go through a lot of profiles before finding one they like, so I wouldn't worry so much about the number of views on your profile. Online dating can give the freedom for people to be quite picky - you're literally picking from a catalogue of people.

Your best bet is going out and meeting people in person. From your post it sounds like most of your pursuits are done from a computer. If you want people to like you for your personality then being friends first should help a lot :smile:

The only other thing I'd say to change is the way you're approaching this mentally. You seem to have the mindset that you're entitled to these girls, as though they owe you a relationship because you've been "friendly and caring", or because you've never mistreated a woman. Also, how you think that it's rude that women on dating sites aren't interested. I really don't mean to sound rude here as I know you mean well and you sound like a nice person, I just think you might want to watch out for this as it can be a turnoff :redface:

Good luck!!

Yus great advice from a Chemical engineer listen to her op.

Op have you ever received feedback from your appearance? If they don't find you attractive then most will ignore you despite you apparently having lovely character.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Proxenus
Op have you ever received feedback from your appearance? If they don't find you attractive then most will ignore you despite you apparently having lovely character. /QUOTE]

Sure, if you're only interested in relationships with shallow people.
It's the modern world hombre, you're not the only one who has recognised it. Modern women have been brought up with the mentality as a given of how much they are entitled to and how much better than guys they are. They don't 'need' to be polite as they see it. Just don't spend you're life trying to appeal to them, 'specially people you don't have anything in common with-I've been told I'm attractive but I don't get hardly any women-it's just about who you connect with.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
It's the modern world hombre, you're not the only one who has recognised it. Modern women have been brought up with the mentality as a given of how much they are entitled to and how much better than guys they are. They don't 'need' to be polite as they see it. Just don't spend you're life trying to appeal to them, 'specially people you don't have anything in common with-I've been told I'm attractive but I don't get hardly any women-it's just about who you connect with.

Is it not 'entitled' to think every message deserves a response?

When I was online dating, I tried to respond to my messages, even if there was 'no spark', just to 'be polite' and that soon gets tedious. After weeks of wading through unsolicited dick pics., thinly veiled sexual come-ons and downright stupidity, it gets bothersome to 'be polite' to everyone who says: 'hi, wuu2?'
Original post by Freudian Slip
Is it not 'entitled' to think every message deserves a response?

When I was online dating, I tried to respond to my messages, even if there was 'no spark', just to 'be polite' and that soon gets tedious. After weeks of wading through unsolicited dick pics., thinly veiled sexual come-ons and downright stupidity, it gets bothersome to 'be polite' to everyone who says: 'hi, wuu2?'

No, I get what you mean, don't take me too literally. I was really talking about another more specific phenomenon.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
No, I get what you mean, don't take me too literally. I was really talking about another more specific phenomenon.

Understood; I appreciate the clarification! :grin:
Original post by Freudian Slip

Online dating seems so different for womenz.

Meanwhile in man world

Original post by FlowerFaerie087
Don't just message girls and ask how they are. I haven't seen your messages so don't know how they come across, but I and every other girl active on Facebook have had messages like this, and it always comes across as creepy because it's straight away obvious what the guy wants. I used to just ignore them, and I think most women do. Now, I tell them to **** off and/or explain why I don't enjoy it (depending on which mood I'm in), and it's an insta-block if it's someone I don't know well IRL.

ye and if we tell you what we want that is creepy too. Should I say "Nice tits, can I **** you?"

I;m sorry it' so painful getting messages from creeps but what else are we suppose to do on a dating site? No one messages us. Either online or in real life it';s just try and make awkward conversation and know you are most likely repulsing them or just do nothing and never ever get anywhere due to the fact nothing will happen if we do nothing. Or just do what I do and just treat everything as if you are just talking to an equatance, maybe a friend and hope something somehow goes on from there but it never ever has. Then if you want ultimate cringe and awkwardness you can try asking them out and then make things weird when ever you see them :-/
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by FlowerFaerie087

ye and if we tell you what we want that is creepy too. Should I say "Nice tits, can I **** you?"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending