The Student Room Group

American Football Talk II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1360
Original post by Motorbiker
Ouch. Just checked your head to head and it's not pretty.

I'm looking good just because your mate started an injured guy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just checked my head and it's also not pretty. Why did I think the Jags were a good team to follow?! They go from hipster up and comer in the pre-season to the NFL cellar year after year. I didn't have them beating the Panthers in all honesty but it's the fact that they could be winning is painful, 7-9 was my target for the season and this kind of game does not help.

Now Colvin is getting evaluated. They're going to have no players at this rate.
(edited 8 years ago)
Seahawks using lynch for that two point conversion.

Oh, and that landry punt return was night. He's finally living up to his dillon panthers Hype.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was told luck and the colts o were good. Why are they playing is badly tonight?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because they are playing the Bills. Elite Front Seven and a very good secondary will do that to even the best offenses. see Denver and Green Bay last season.
Reply 1363
The Colts won't play a better D for the rest of the regular season and Rex Ryan is a defensive juggernaut with mad talent on his team.
Thanks guys.

That seahawks TD was lovely. Defensive touchdown. Better go see who has them and make sure it's not the guy I'm against... It might be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seahawks using lynch for that two point conversion.

Oh, and that landry punt return was night. He's finally living up to his dillon panthers Hype.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I fail to understand how a player with 4.7 speed was pulling away from players on special teams, who are only on the tem because of their speed. Landry isn't agile either....so it was a great play from him.
Ah. There's the Jay Cutler we all know and love.

This has been a great game so far. In fairness to Jay Cutler, Clay Matthews made an awesome play.
Original post by jammy4041
Ah. There's the Jay Cutler we all know and love.

This has been a great game so far. In fairness to Jay Cutler, Clay Matthews made an awesome play.

Yea, lovely interception. That game may be done now...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1368
We're already playing the Fire the OC game at the Jaguars. The only good thing I suppose is that Miami have also be horrible and they're next week. The AFC South could seriously be 0-4 after week 1
Yea, lovely interception. That game may be done now...

Posted from TSR Mobile

One more first down after the two minute warning should seal it, especially since Chicago only have one timeout left.
That offside cost them dear.

EDIT. Oh well. That PI against Kyle Fuller has done it.

However, they most certainly do not look like the worst team in the league. Pleasant surprise. John Fox does a really good job at turning around bad teams, and with Vic Fangio as DC, they have that nastiness on defense. The decline of Jared Allen is something which needs to be addressed though. He hasn't had an impact in this game,
Original post by Wattsy
We're already playing the Fire the OC game at the Jaguars. The only good thing I suppose is that Miami have also be horrible and they're next week. The AFC South could seriously be 0-4 after week 1

Greg Olsen is good at developing QBs. David Carr looked good last season, and Bortles will benefit.

Yes, some of the calls are questionable, but yeah, the Jaguars should be winning this game.
Thought the rams were going to go for two.

Pussies. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1372
Original post by jammy4041
Greg Olsen is good at developing QBs. David Carr looked good last season, and Bortles will benefit.

Yes, some of the calls are questionable, but yeah, the Jaguars should be winning this game.

I've watched the Sky game so I haven't seen it but everything I've heard has been so deflating. The Panthers D is good I suppose but I'm a bit gutted. Pre-season was so hopeful and then they come out with a dumpster fire performance.
I've been enjoying redzone and can help hook others up if needed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thought the rams were going to go for two.

Pussies. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

NFL coaches are insanely conservative with good reason. I mean, if they go for two and they miss, they end up losing that game by one rather than going to overtime. The percentages favour going to overtime.

It;s also the reason why coaches will punt on the opposing 45 on 4th and 1...even though it's a far better play to put in the heavies, and use a QB sneak up the middle -- and to trust the defense if you fail.
Reply 1375
I can vouch for Motorbikers hookup skills :wink:

I've switched to the Seahawks @ Rams looks like we're going to OT. In more positive news for me, I've got through the first two legs of my accumulator. Need Baltimore and Dallas now.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Wattsy
I can vouch for Motorbikers hookup skills :wink:

I've switched to the Seahawks @ Rams looks like we're going to OT. In more positive news for me, I've got through the first two legs of my accumulator. Need Baltimore and Dallas now.

Dallas will be easy. :wink:

Ot rules?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Abdullah. So sick.
Reply 1378
Dallas will be easy. :wink:

Ot rules?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Walk off TDs or safeties, field goal means the other team gets the ball. From that point a field goal wins too. No score after 15 means a tie.

The Rams just recovered a surprise onside kick from the Hawks! What was that about conservative coaching?

One of the wackiest rules ever on show there.
I hope the Jet who left the game on the spinal board is OK. He's the guy who grew up in like 10 different foster homes and then made it to the NFL in the third after being evaluated (among other things) as a guy with no character concerns. Hopefully it's just a nasty stinger or something and the board was just a precaution. Obviously doesn't look good though.

Quick Reply

Latest