The Student Room Group

Migrants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Summit
We don't decide where we are born. Many of us are just lucky to be born in Europe, far away from wars and conflict. But, let's forget about race, nationality, sexual orientation and all other things that divide us for a second. We are all human, and it is our responsibility to help each other when things get tough. Right now things in Syria aren't at their best, and we should help them. To all of you that say "Let's help our people first", fair enough. But if you really feel this way, why aren't most of you helping homeless British people?

I would gladly let whoever is in need of shelter live in my house and a help them get back on their feet. I am not wealthy, but I'd be willing to share whatever I have to help.

It is God's will, I agree.

So better accept God's will and don't hate your own face every early morning seeing how you look like.

That's the best advice I can give, it helps me, I hope it helps to the black Arab lady with the sick racist mind too.
Reply 641
Original post by WhiteSatin
You are funny dear with such claims.

Caucasian people don't have black faces excuse me, and I hope it is not offensive if I point the face colour or anything popular <I am not a biologist> to put the accent over the main characteristics.

Who made that map is clearly mad.

No way Arabs to be Caucasian, let them dream it. Unless they buy a Caucasian girl to rape her, they don't stand a chance to mix with Caucasians.

Imaginary maps of racists with black skin cannot change anything.

Haha, all North Africa - being Caucasian? you are a dreamer or even sick mind.....

Arabs being Caucasians? haha-hahahaaaaaaa.....:smile:

Get the liar who convinced you that Arabs are white...and crucify him....for being a liar, as Islam sais.....:u:

You seem to be in denial. Perhaps you need to go and lie down, permanently?
Original post by Errm35
You seem to be in denial. Perhaps you need to go and lie down, permanently?

I would advice you first to check your sources, then to publish only checked data, then to consider your own position why you insist so much that Arabs are Caucasians when they are not.

Do you read too much chicklets? only in a chicklet you can read that an Arabian sheik is white AND Caucasian.

Dreamers.....
Reply 643
I would advice you first to check your sources, then to publish only checked data, then to consider your own position why you insist so much that Arabs are Caucasians when they are not.

Do you read too much chicklets? only in a chicklet you can read that an Arabian sheik is white AND Caucasian.

Dreamers.....

Someone is living in fantasy land. Are there unicorns where you live?

Dreamers.....

Caucasian does not = white (not a race)

Being Caucasian(race) is based on facial features and genetics.

only idiots like you think skin colour dictates your race.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Errm33
Seems you missed a Science lesson or two.

Green = Caucasoid Race
Yellow = Congoid Race
Pink = Capoid Race
Blue = Mongoloid Race
Red = Australoid Race

One can clearly see Arabia is coloured in Green.

You claimed you are not "colour-bind" so you should be able to see that map clearly.

Since when were the americas full of mongols?
And what's with the australians in India?
Original post by Errm35
Someone is living in fantasy land. Are there unicorns where you live?

Tell me, why it is so offensive for Arabs to face the fact they are not Caucasians.

What is offensive if you have your own heritage but you yourself are ashamed to admit it.

I don't feel offended to admit my nationality and my heritage. Why Arabs are so much offended to be told the scientific truth that they are not Caucasians.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/Arabs.aspx

https://danielmiessler.com/blog/10-facts-every-westerner-should-know-about-the-middle-east/

'Arabs are Semites. We’ve all heard the term anti-Semitism being used often to describe Arabs. While antisemitism does specifically indicate hatred for Jews, the word “Semite” comes from the Bible and referred originally to anyone who spoke one of the Semitic Languages.'

Where here do you see that Arabs are Caucasians, is beyond my imagination.

Of course, everybody can check the basic facts for the Arab ethnics and to understand the difference between Arabs and Caucasians.

To claim you are in different ethnic group is extremely stupid and ugly. Thus you deny your own heritage. Odd. Sick mind. You are what you are, what else can you be.

Also, it shows only racism itself. Why is that passion to be white? what makes you believe it is good to be white and Caucasian?

Please answer my question as I answer yours, it is a simple politeness to do so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabs

'Arabs (Arabic: عرب‎, ʿarab) are a major panethnic group whose native language is Arabic, comprising the majority of the Arab world.[15] They primarily inhabit Western Asia, North Africa, and parts of the Horn of Africa. Before the spread of Islam, Arab referred to any of the largely nomadic Semitic tribes inhabiting the Arabian Peninsula. In modern usage Arabic-speaking populations are a highly heterogeneous collection of peoples, with diverse ancestral origins and identities. The ties that bind the Arab people are common linguistic, cultural, and political traditions. As such, Arab identity is based on one or more of genealogical, linguistic or cultural grounds,[16] although with competing identities often taking a more prominent role,[17] based on considerations including regional, national, clan, kin, sect, and tribe affiliations and relationships. If the Arab panethnicity is regarded as a single population, then it constitutes one of the world's largest groups after Han Chinese and Indo-Aryan Indians.
The Arabian Peninsula itself was not entirely originally Arabic. Arabization occurred in some parts of the Arabian Peninsula. For example, the language shift to Arabic displaced the indigenous South Semitic Old South Arabian languages of modern-day Yemen and southern Oman. These were the languages spoken in the civilizations of Sheba, Ubar, Magan, Dilmun, and Meluhha whose origin is debated; Lionel Bender (1997) suggesting an origin in Ethiopia,[18] while others suggest the southern portion of the Arabian peninsula. A recent (2009) study based on a Bayesian model to estimate language change concluded that the latter viewpoint is more probable.['

etc.

What makes you believe that Arabs are Caucasians and whites, please elaborate.
Reply 647
Original post by LenaSim

I believe it's referring to facial characteristics.

Caucasian was not really defined as colour, previously.
Reply 648
Tell me, why it is so offensive for Arabs to face the fact they are not Caucasians.

What is offensive if you have your own heritage but you yourself are ashamed to admit it.

I don't feel offended to admit my nationality and my heritage. Why Arabs are so much offended to be told the scientific truth that they are not Caucasians.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/Arabs.aspx

https://danielmiessler.com/blog/10-facts-every-westerner-should-know-about-the-middle-east/

'Arabs are Semites. We’ve all heard the term anti-Semitism being used often to describe Arabs. While antisemitism does specifically indicate hatred for Jews, the word “Semite” comes from the Bible and referred originally to anyone who spoke one of the Semitic Languages.'

Where here do you see that Arabs are Caucasians, is beyond my imagination.

Of course, everybody can check the basic facts for the Arab ethnics and to understand the difference between Arabs and Caucasians.

To claim you are in different ethnic group is extremely stupid and ugly. Thus you deny your own heritage. Odd. Sick mind. You are what you are, what else can you be.

Also, it shows only racism itself. Why is that passion to be white? what makes you believe it is good to be white and Caucasian?

Please answer my question as I answer yours, it is a simple politeness to do so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabs

'Arabs (Arabic: عرب‎, ʿarab) are a major panethnic group whose native language is Arabic, comprising the majority of the Arab world.[15] They primarily inhabit Western Asia, North Africa, and parts of the Horn of Africa. Before the spread of Islam, Arab referred to any of the largely nomadic Semitic tribes inhabiting the Arabian Peninsula. In modern usage Arabic-speaking populations are a highly heterogeneous collection of peoples, with diverse ancestral origins and identities. The ties that bind the Arab people are common linguistic, cultural, and political traditions. As such, Arab identity is based on one or more of genealogical, linguistic or cultural grounds,[16] although with competing identities often taking a more prominent role,[17] based on considerations including regional, national, clan, kin, sect, and tribe affiliations and relationships. If the Arab panethnicity is regarded as a single population, then it constitutes one of the world's largest groups after Han Chinese and Indo-Aryan Indians.
The Arabian Peninsula itself was not entirely originally Arabic. Arabization occurred in some parts of the Arabian Peninsula. For example, the language shift to Arabic displaced the indigenous South Semitic Old South Arabian languages of modern-day Yemen and southern Oman. These were the languages spoken in the civilizations of Sheba, Ubar, Magan, Dilmun, and Meluhha whose origin is debated; Lionel Bender (1997) suggesting an origin in Ethiopia,[18] while others suggest the southern portion of the Arabian peninsula. A recent (2009) study based on a Bayesian model to estimate language change concluded that the latter viewpoint is more probable.['

etc.

What makes you believe that Arabs are Caucasians and whites, please elaborate.

Take it up with the people who formulated such theories.
Original post by Errm35
I believe it's referring to facial characteristics.

Caucasian was not really defined as colour, previously.

exactly what I said.

this guy is obviously trolling.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missfats
Caucasian does not = white (not a race)

Being Caucasian(race) is based on facial features and genetics.

only idiots like you think skin colour dictates your race.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am not about race, you are.

I only said that living in the Middle East for years I know how an average Arab looks like, and believe me, they don't look at all white nor they look Caucasians.

WHY IS THAT PASSION TO CONSIDER YOURSELF WHITE?

You can only accept what you are, why whites are so difficult for you, what bothers you so much to insist and to make conflict about skin colour?

Please elaborate why.
Original post by missfats
exactly what I said.

this guy is obviously trolling.

Posted from TSR Mobile

True.
Original post by MrDystopia
I'll say to stop with the personal attacks or this thread will be removed.

I got it too.

Ok.
Sorry but I fear my own and my family's safety by letting in someone who is complete stranger to me just because they are running away from horror. If I was in similar situation, I wouldn't be expecting someone to take me in. How are you supposed to know that you're not letting a criminal into your house and that they won't do any harm to you?

I have nothing against people who are in need of help but my family and their safety is always my priority.
(edited 8 years ago)
I got it too.

Ok.

:rofl:
Original post by queen-bee
Exactly. This country is racist at times

You're racist.
Would you open your heart and lend a spare room/share your home with any of the migrants due to come over?

No, unless they were Iranian, then perhaps...

Bu I don't have my own home, so yeah.
You are funny dear with such claims.

Caucasian people don't have black faces excuse me, and I hope it is not offensive if I point the face colour or anything popular <I am not a biologist> to put the accent over the main characteristics.

Who made that map is clearly mad.

No way Arabs to be Caucasian, let them dream it. Unless they buy a Caucasian girl to rape her, they don't stand a chance to mix with Caucasians.

Imaginary maps of racists with black skin cannot change anything.

Haha, all North Africa - being Caucasian? you are a dreamer or even sick mind.....

Arabs being Caucasians? haha-hahahaaaaaaa.....:smile:

Get the liar who convinced you that Arabs are white...and crucify him....for being a liar, as Islam sais.....:u:

Original post by LenaSim

The map (correctly) refers to indigenous popl=ulations
Because there's are no rules telling me I must do so and so. It's my choice.

Exactly. And therefore it's mine and everybody else's right to refuse migrants and/or immigrants without being deemed racist or fearful or whatever (using your rules). Yet you do that and we get accused racist and so forth! You syrians wanting double rules.
Original post by Saint-Saens
The map (correctly) refers to indigenous popl=ulations

Which century, may be 10 000 b.c.?

After Xerxes and his destructive wars nobody met Caucasians in this area, for a while Alexander The Great walked around, but that was it.Anybody knowing the area in modern time?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending