The Student Room Group

Ignorant workers. I'M NOT CHINESE.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Hevachan
They are hard to come by!! I only know as a friend my teacher but I have met quite a few in Japanese events :smile: I haven't met any at university yet :frown: although i made a wonderful korean friend who made me want to learn that language too haha ^^

I don't know any Koreans too. They are either international students or tourists. Haha.
Where do you live? :redface:
Original post by Hai_Ann
I don't know any Koreans too. They are either international students or tourists. Haha.
Where do you live? :redface:

Haha awwh yeah she was an international student *sob* but we write to each other which is really cute ^_^
I live on the Wirral in the north west :smile: today I actually went to the north west japanese market in frodsham which was super fun :biggrin:
Reply 22
Haha awwh yeah she was an international student *sob* but we write to each other which is really cute ^_^
I live on the Wirral in the north west :smile: today I actually went to the north west japanese market in frodsham which was super fun :biggrin:

Haha. That's nice.
Sounds awesome. We don't have east Asian markets here lol.
Jealous *_*
Original post by Hai_Ann
Haha. That's nice.
Sounds awesome. We don't have east Asian markets here lol.
Jealous *_*

Awwh that sucks :frown: where are you from?
I don't want to sound like a weird stalker person but i just clicked on your profile and your picture is very beautiful! :'] *not a weirdo honest*
Reply 24
Awwh that sucks :frown: where are you from?
I don't want to sound like a weird stalker person but i just clicked on your profile and your picture is very beautiful! :'] *not a weirdo honest*

I'm Vietnamese :smile:
Haha, that's not my picture though. That's a pic of a Korean idol.
Nah people are so rude. People asking me how long I've lived in this country despite me having no foreign accent. -_- **** the haters.
Original post by Hai_Ann
I'm Vietnamese :smile:
Haha, that's not my picture though. That's a pic of a Korean idol.

OH sorry duh you already said that :'] brain not working
Ahh! Well she is very beautiful haha no wonder she is an idol XD
Reply 27
Original post by anonymouspie227
Nah people are so rude. People asking me how long I've lived in this country despite me having no foreign accent. -_- **** the haters.

Lmao, I can relate. My science teacher approached me at break and asked what's my first language because I don't talk much in class. I'm rather introverted.
She mistook my introverted personality and my misunderstanding of the subject. She thought I was a foreigner because I didn't get the work but that's because I daydream a lot in class lol.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 28
OH sorry duh you already said that :'] brain not working
Ahh! Well she is very beautiful haha no wonder she is an idol XD

That's alright ^^
Yes *_* I changed my pic because I don't want people misunderstanding what I look like. Haha.
Original post by Hai_Ann
That's alright ^^
Yes *_* I changed my pic because I don't want people misunderstanding what I look like. Haha.

Ah! :smile: changed to another beautiful picture!
Reply 30
Ah! :smile: changed to another beautiful picture!

Haha thanks ^^
Reply 31
Original post by anonymouspie227
That's ridiculous. I'd like to hope that students who were actually struggling with the language got help as soon as they entered the school.
I have an English name- and when I answered yes to it the teacher said that I am not the person on the register :lol:

I know foreign students receive help from primary/secondary... not sure about sixth form/college or uni :/
Lol, dang....
lol thats so funny, I have a Chinese mate I wish this would happen to him, anyway its all banter at the end of the day, You should be happy you're getting special attention.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by Treypound
lol thats so funny, I have a Chinese mate I wish this would happen to him, anyway its all banter at the end of the day, You should be happy you're getting special attention.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The thing is I'm poor. Do I need to be reminded of the expensive products they sell? That just makes me even more depressed and angry. Lol. Might wanna ask your Chinese mate if it happens to him. Every Asian I think has experienced this.
Ugh yes finally I'm not alone! It happens to me so much!! Yesterday we walked past some kids and they muttered "ching ching" like .,,,,, ugh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by vincentvangogh
Ugh yes finally I'm not alone! It happens to me so much!! Yesterday we walked past some kids and they muttered "ching ching" like .,,,,, ugh

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a racist act. Kids aren't educated that well. So darn ignorant.

A European tourist at McDonalds said 'ni hao' to me whilst in his group of other tourists and that was a fully grown adult. That was a few months ago.
Original post by Hai_Ann
The thing is I'm poor. Do I need to be reminded of the expensive products they sell? That just makes me even more depressed and angry. Lol. Might wanna ask your Chinese mate if it happens to him. Every Asian I think has experienced this.

Well me and my mate were at a nightclub once and this guy was obviously trying to take the piss say "nie how" (or however its spelt) we were ready to kick the **** out of him but his mates dragged him away. Tbh my mate is pretty solid, we make the ultimate team. If someone did it in a jokey way or trying to be cultural It would then be funny, Im pretty sure it doesn't really happen to me mate... I probs giv him the most abuse tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hai_Ann

End of rant. Lol. I needed to express my anger. Anyone that experiences this or anything similar?

I get this all the time as well ¬_¬ annoying as hell but I just ignore them.
Reply 38
Original post by Em_Huong
I get this all the time as well ¬_¬ annoying as hell but I just ignore them.

If we ignore, they'd continue though :frown:
A bit late to the party but although I am Chinese by ethnicity, my parents were born and raised in Vietnam and so adopted vietnamese surnames too and I always get that obnoxious "ni hao" all the time as well. It seriously pisses me off lol. I just feel like telling them to f off and I don't speak mandarin, it's so annoying!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending