The Student Room Group

Would you go out a chubby girl?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DiddyDec
Only if they don't mind going on walks.

I think she will like that actually XD
Original post by Anonymous
I dunno man. Last friday i brought it up kinda with my friends ( i've known them for like 8 years) and they just 'died' laughing which kinda brought down my confidence in myself. They also said she would 'eat my face when kissing me' or 'break my knees when sitting down on my lab' etc

If you do date her, beware the pack-mentality doesn't bridle at your having the temerity to fly in the face of that collective judgment.
No.
Original post by sqwertylol
if you go out with her it would lead to sex so you would need to be ready for that.
I'd steer clear tbh . I've made that mistake before.
Also people will aim insults at yourself for going out with her

Thats what im afraid of and its not only for me i swear its for her own good as well. But people here say i shouldn't care so i think i might take that advice.
About sex like i said its a step too far for me or even her atm :/ and who knows maybe she will loose weight in a year or two.
When the UK gets it's first double-decker trains, then I would.
Original post by Profesh
If you do date her, beware the pack-mentality doesn't bridle at your having the temerity to fly in the face of that collective judgment.

Yeah you're right :/
Thats what im afraid of and its not only for me i swear its for her own good as well. But people here say i shouldn't care so i think i might take that advice.
About sex like i said its a step too far for me or even her atm :/ and who knows maybe she will loose weight in a year or two.

they never lose weight.
mate I had the exact same mindset. they get bigger not thinner, especially since they have a bf - no need to impress people. People say don't care but its not about them its about you. Its easy to tell others what they should do but a lot of the time those people wouldnt follow the same advice. Hypocrits really.

think hard about if you wanna be with someone who will cause others to talk behind your back and insult you about her being fat etc.
Also wouldnt you rather go out with someone better looking? You probably have low confidence. you can probably do better
how fat are we talking though?
Well there's this girl.. She has a cute/pretty face and she's nice to everyone and smart which attracts me to her...but she's kinda fat/chubbyish.
Im kinda in the 'popular' side of the school. I think i would get weird look/ made fun of by asking her out.. :frown:
Would you ask out a fat/chubby girl?

I know this might not be useful since I'm a girl but you should definitely ask her. You shouldn't care about what people think, let them think what they think. Looks don't matter after all....
Good Luck
Can somebody provide a pic of what they mean by a "chubby" girl?
Reply 70
I don't know about you but a healthy person is, imo, always more attractive than one who treats their body like a trash can/is overweight. The fact that her weight is already making you second guess, despite not having asked her out yet, means it has already caused you to become uneasy. This fat acceptance movement (cleverly disguised as a sort of 'love yourself!!1! ...even though you're the poster child for cardiovascular disease') is making more and more girls think that being fat is healthy or attractive when in reality, nothing about carrying extra unnecessary and quite frankly unnatural lard is pleasing to the human eye. If you're into bigger women then go for it, but I will never understand the desire to be with someone who clearly doesn't even have enough respect or love for their own body.

*queue the obesity sympathisers chanting 'shut it u fat-shaming skinny bi*ch'*
Reply 71
Well there's this girl.. She has a cute/pretty face and she's nice to everyone and smart which attracts me to her...but she's kinda fat/chubbyish.
Im kinda in the 'popular' side of the school. I think i would get weird look/ made fun of by asking her out.. :frown:
Would you ask out a fat/chubby girl?

If you care what other people think about who you date you will never be happy
Possible yes.
how chubby is chubby? Like what does she look like?

and how do you know she even wants to go out with you?
The responses on this this thread are very surprising. It's not all about looks- there are people out there with all sorts of diseases and disfigurements who are in committed relationships. Also, she's apparently chubby, not morbidly obese. I personally don't see why your friends would make fun of her, OP, maybe you need some new friends.
I really would like too I find chubby girls so hot, way better then skinny girls
If you like her then screw what people think. I know it feels like all this crap matters when you're at school, but it really doesn't. School doesn't last forever and chances are after school is done you will never see most of these people again. If people laugh at who you date then they are not very nice people and you should really consider if people like that are really worth being popular for.

If you like the girl, ask her out. It makes me sad that this even needs to be a thread.

p.s. yes, I would date a chubby girl. I have dated chubby women before. Once I like someone for their personality, everything else just becomes beautiful anyway.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by toonervoustotalk
At Uni

sad story:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:
Original post by stressedfordays
sad story:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

I know but i will get over it
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I know but i will get over it

been there, not an easy road tbh

Quick Reply

Latest