The Student Room Group

Any other girls lose interest as soon as a guy starts to chase them?

They don't even have to come on too strong, even initiating text convos will do it, and I'll start feeling a teeny bit suffocated or annoyed or start to lose interest and think I can do better if he's giving me attention :/

It's annoying though because I might like the guy but as soon as he chases I'm convinced we have no spark, but if he loses interest eventually, ill start to like him again :frown:

It's almost like I fell like I haven't done enough to earn his attention and so that might be why I feel this way?

Any advice? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

we love the ones who ignore us, and ignore the ones who adore us
Original post by thecatwithnohat

I watched Perks of Being a Wallflower today, that sounds like a quote from that (even though I'm not sure it is) :beard:
Reply 3
Original post by thecatwithnohat

ugh why though!!! at this rate I'll be single forever :/
If your gf is starting uni this year and she has a group of friends(8 guys and 2 girls) and she's talking to the guys individually and likes then more then the girls ,should you be worried.also if when your talking to her on the phone she puts you on speaker to text the guys but then says she doesn't like any of the and says that their just good friends which I do believe ,do you think the guys like her .

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
If your gf is starting uni this year and she has a group of friends if like 8 guys and 2 girls and she's siesta talong to the guys individually and likes then more then the girls should you be worried.also if when your talking to her in the phone she pours you on speaker to text the guys but then says she doesn't like any if then she that their just friends which I do belive do you think the guys like her .

Posted from TSR Mobile

um what?
Reply 6
Original post by Law-Hopeful
I watched Perks of Being a Wallflower today, that sounds like a quote from that (even though I'm not sure it is) :beard:

I think it's reminding you of "We accept the love we think we deserve"
If your gf is starting uni this year and she has a group of friends(8 guys and 2 girls) and she's talking to the guys individually and likes then more then the girls ,should you be worried.also if when your talking to her on the phone she puts you on speaker to text the guys but then says she doesn't like any of the and says that their just good friends which I do believe ,do you think the guys like her .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dudeee.

Man up and tell your girlfriend to pick between you or the guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8

Posted from TSR Mobile

we guys will go for anyone, we talk to as many girls as we want.

Tell her to choose, you or them,.
Original post by freedom
we guys will go for anyone, we talk to as many girls as we want.

Tell her to choose, you or them,.

lol nope apparently their just friend ti her and guys done do that, oh apart from the two she just told me about one was saying how he's way better then me and why she should be with him , the other buying her drinks and having a picture with her if his arms around her which when a girl did to me she went ape **** .

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol nope apparently their just friend ti her and guys done do that, oh apart from the two she just told me about one was saying how he's way better then me and why she should be with him , the other buying her drinks and having a picture with her if his arms around her which when a girl did to me she went ape **** .

Posted from TSR Mobile

tell her straight pal. you are the man and the prize.

or take a few pics with some other girls.
I don't like anyone chasing me. I can't run very fast :erm:
Loooooool dude she is crazy she scribbled out her face in the pic of the guys arms around her cause she "looks Awful" and would rather not talk to me at all ever rated then show me it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Loooooool dude she is crazy she scribbled out her face in the pic of the guys arms around her cause she "looks Awful" and would rather not talk to me at all ever rated then show me it

Posted from TSR Mobile

have you done anything about this
Idk what to suggest tbh... You need to unlearn the idea that there's something undesirable about a guy who is actually interested in you! Perhaps do some research into attachment styles, you sound like you have the avoidant style
I used to feel like this before I met my bf. You would think having a guy like you back would make you feel happy but it didn't for me, it just killed off any feelings I had. It showed me though that they were for me and when my bf liked me back, it only made my feelings stronger so I knew the cycle could be broken.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe you're just not into them other than attraction-wise? :frown: And once they start showing you attention, you realise that? Does this happen every single time?
Reply 17
No. Looks like your on your own with that one. I don't understand these games people play

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
They don't even have to come on too strong, even initiating text convos will do it, and I'll start feeling a teeny bit suffocated or annoyed or start to lose interest and think I can do better if he's giving me attention :/

It's annoying though because I might like the guy but as soon as he chases I'm convinced we have no spark, but if he loses interest eventually, ill start to like him again :frown:

It's almost like I fell like I haven't done enough to earn his attention and so that might be why I feel this way?

Any advice? :frown:

Go to a therapist.
Subconsciously, you may be avoiding relationships.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending