The Student Room Group

Do petite girls win every time?

A friend who is coming to my country to study asked me if I thought local guys would find her attractive. She is very small build, slender, long hair and a big smile. So naturally I wondered why she would ask this, with what seems to be a winning combination these days. Petite, long or big hair and bubbly personality- all the guys.

I am told I'm not big, but it's getting to the point I feel that way. I am 5,7" (~170cm), size 10, maybe a 12 on the top half sometimes, 34DD in the chest, healthy waist hip ratio, and my legs are not slim pins but not horrendously fat. Shoulders are quite broad (even my mother says so) but means shimmying ability is ace!

But with the whole tiny but adorable trend, does the above description of myself now qualify as "big girl" nowadays, and anything above like size 14-16 oversized to guys? I've been told I can be cute, but feel like I have to date a man MUCH bigger than me to feel small. And even then, it's a challenge to find someone. He doesn't have to look perfect or have muscles, six pack etc.

Sorry if it's another complaining rant, but it'd be good to hear opinions from different people. And guys, what would you say are the most attractive combinations?
Reply 1
Different people like different things, what more would there be to say?
Original post by librarygirl
A friend who is coming to my country to study asked me if I thought local guys would find her attractive. She is very small build, slender, long hair and a big smile. So naturally I wondered why she would ask this, with what seems to be a winning combination these days. Petite, long or big hair and bubbly personality- all the guys.

I am told I'm not big, but it's getting to the point I feel that way. I am 5,7" (~170cm), size 10, maybe a 12 on the top half sometimes, 34DD in the chest, healthy waist hip ratio, and my legs are not slim pins but not horrendously fat. Shoulders are quite broad (even my mother says so) but means shimmying ability is ace!

But with the whole tiny but adorable trend, does the above description of myself now qualify as "big girl" nowadays, and anything above like size 14-16 oversized to guys? I've been told I can be cute, but feel like I have to date a man MUCH bigger than me to feel small. And even then, it's a challenge to find someone. He doesn't have to look perfect or have muscles, six pack etc.

Sorry if it's another complaining rant, but it'd be good to hear opinions from different people. And guys, what would you say are the most attractive combinations?

I know a couple where the man is shorter and skinnier than the wife. They got married about a year and a half ago. Plus, there's only about 4 married couples that I know, so believe me, size is not what people fall for or not fall for :smile:
Original post by librarygirl

I think bigger and smaller girls look just as good, although bigger girls appear more natural imo.. Although both body figures have their advantages
Original post by GarethHarris
I think bigger and smaller girls look just as good, although bigger girls appear more natural imo.. Although both body figures have their advantages

That's my question though, what is bigger nowadays? Just not tiny? Last thing I heard 12 is the average, but in terms of attractiveness it's more difficult to say.

Also one guy asked me out before, and his current girlfriend is Thai, so I am a giant compared to her :P so I wonder how differently guys see size in women.
Reply 5
Original post by JumpingFun
I know a couple where the man is shorter and skinnier than the wife. They got married about a year and a half ago. Plus, there's only about 4 married couples that I know, so believe me, size is not what people fall for or not fall for :smile:

I think that's more lack of other options than personal preference.
Original post by Jebedee
I think that's more lack of other options than personal preference.

Not lack of options :biggrin: They were like 22 when they got married. If they wanted someone else, they would have kept looking :wink: It's not about the looks when it comes to marriage and true love.
Reply 7
different strokes for different folks.
Reply 8
Not lack of options :biggrin: They were like 22 when they got married. If they wanted someone else, they would have kept looking :wink: It's not about the looks when it comes to marriage and true love.

Options is not about age and having the time to look. Many people have doubts about themselves and about their abilities to meet new people. Especially the kind of people they want to meet and so they settle for what they have, which may not be ideal but it allows them to avoid potential rejection.

That's why they call it "settling down".
Original post by Jebedee
Options is not about age and having the time to look. Many people have doubts about themselves and about their abilities to meet new people. Especially the kind of people they want to meet and so they settle for what they have, which may not be ideal but it allows them to avoid potential rejection.

That's why they call it "settling down".

I agree to disagree :P
I agree to disagree :P

That's fine you're allowed to be wrong :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest