The Student Room Group

I really like him but it annoys me that he always wears the same clothes!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Cross bridges when you get to them!

Very true :biggrin: Sorry I might be getting carried away.
Original post by Alba2013
Only read about half of the OP ,1 paragraph whining about some guy's clothes was enough, didn't need to read 3 to reach my conclusion.

Ok.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not worked up about it I said I still like him and I'm happy that he likes me too.

Never knew clothing was an issue in relationships... :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

So misunderstood :no:

Pretty much :frown:
Original post by Reord
It surprises me that this issue is important enough to you for you to make a thread! It is so, so unimportant. He likes you and I can see from your post that there's a lot of good things about him which are drawing you to him. His family might be well off but he might be of limited means himself. Or he might choose to spend his money on stuff other than clothes. Or, it might be that he's only got a few clothes in his wardrobe which he thinks are good enough to wear when he knows he's going to see you, the person he likes. Later on when you know him better you can perhaps broach the subject if it's still worrying you. But by then maybe you'll have learnt to love his lack of interest in his clothes. You've pointed out yourself that you don't like vain men. Go have fun!

Ok thanks for your perspective :smile: Yes there's lots I really like about him and I wouldn't let this stand in the way of course!
I'm not worked up about it I said I still like him and I'm happy that he likes me too.

You used the word annoyed and continued to write a long post about it...which suggests otherwise.

Though it's good you like him regardless.
Original post by SourLikeLemon

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ultimately it isn't and wouldn't stop me being with him. I'm just saying it would be nice if he had say another t shirt, a sweater and a jumper. I don't dislike or want to change his character or any of his physical features I adore him :tongue:
This actually feels like you're talking a lot about me.

Personally, I had very few clothes I was actually willing to wear outside at this time last year. Luckily now I have been able to gather up more, but I'm still very limited. I knew people would have noticed the lack in variety of clothes, but it was better than wearing the others I had.

I suppose, when you two are going out, a bit into it, like someone else said, buy yourself clothes, or something anyway, and suggest some to him. Don't make it sound as if you're disappointed in his variety, or lack of, just make it sound like it's about trying new things (if that makes any sense.:tongue: If not, just ignore all of it.)
This isn't about fashion if you read my post I'm actually turned off by men wearing fashion it seems kind of feminine to me. I just wish he swapped his t shirts more that's all I've known him for a year and literally only ever seen him wear one of 2 t shirts.

He probably has multiple pairs of the same t-shirt. Like me lol.
Original post by SophieSmall
You used the word annoyed and continued to write a long post about it...which suggests otherwise.

Though it's good you like him regardless.

Yes I do find it annoying but in my opinion it's not the same as being worked up: I'm not upset by it and it doesn't define how I feel about him and it is by no means a dealbreaker there is so much more I value about him. I wrote a long post to explain the situation and about him as a person too not just his wardrobe - or lack of :tongue:

But indeed I will agree this has more to do with me than him. Part of the reason I wrote this thread is I don't want to end up being a nagging, controlling b and I was raised in a house where my father dictated what my mother should be, dress and act but that's a whole other issue and as some else pointed out I'm getting way too far ahead of myself.
Original post by ChickenMadness
He probably has multiple pairs of the same t-shirt. Like me lol.

I heard Mark Zuckerberg is the same and buys multiples of the same grey t shirt :smile:
Yes I do find it annoying but in my opinion it's not the same as being worked up: I'm not upset by it and it doesn't define how I feel about him and it is by no means a dealbreaker there is so much more I value about him. I wrote a long post to explain the situation and about him as a person too not just his wardrobe - or lack of :tongue:

But indeed I will agree this has more to do with me than him. Part of the reason I wrote this thread is I don't want to end up being a nagging, controlling b and I was raised in a house where my father dictated what my mother should be, dress and act but that's a whole other issue and as some else pointed out I'm getting way too far ahead of myself.

Then you're just going to have to get over it essentially. When it comes to Christmas and birthdays maybe get him a couple of things. And maybe if you go out shopping together say "I think you'd look nice in this". But don't push it. If he doesn't want to buy new clothes he doesn't want to, and you'll just have to deal with that.
Original post by XcitingStuart
This actually feels like you're talking a lot about me.

Personally, I had very few clothes I was actually willing to wear outside at this time last year. Luckily now I have been able to gather up more, but I'm still very limited. I knew people would have noticed the lack in variety of clothes, but it was better than wearing the others I had.

I suppose, when you two are going out, a bit into it, like someone else said, buy yourself clothes, or something anyway, and suggest some to him. Don't make it sound as if you're disappointed in his variety, or lack of, just make it sound like it's about trying new things (if that makes any sense.:tongue: If not, just ignore all of it.)

Hmm that's a interesting point perhaps they are all that he is comfortable in I can't believe I never thought of that I feel so silly now.

Oh yes I will definitely deploy some tact and be indirect when addressing the issue I would never make it into a criticism or attack on him :smile:
Hmm that's a interesting point perhaps they are all that he is comfortable in I can't believe I never thought of that I feel so silly now.

Oh yes I will definitely deploy some tact and be indirect when addressing the issue I would never make it into a criticism or attack on him :smile:

Yeah, it's like I had so many clothes at the time, but so many awful clothes, and I was only willing to wear just about only shirts. No childish t-shirts, no horrible red ones etc. etc. I generally prefer plain t-shirts, but I had like none of those at the time. (And I feel the most comfortable in shirts on top of that.)
Reply 34
Original post by SourLikeLemon

Posted from TSR Mobile

You and your girl remind me of Kakashi
Original post by ChickenMadness
it makes you very shallow ye lol. He's probably laid back though. If he is then you can buy him what you want him to wear and he'l probably wear it without caring much lol.

I don't want him to wear what I want I don't want to make him into my doll. He can wear his own style (which is plain and laid back) I would just like him to change his clothes a little more rather than 2 t shirts for all 365 days of the year even winter :s-smilie: I don't know how he didn't freeze in the winter.
Reply 36
I think he might be kinda like me
It might be his favourites, plus clothing isn't my favourite thing in the world.

Don't know why you are bothered by this. And even if you are just wait some months. He'll get another red shirt :smile:.
I takes time for a guy to go shopping for clothing. (Or just get him A shirt as a present or something, then he'll have 3 tees)
I'm not going to lie, it would bother me just a little. I like a man that puts a little effort into what he wears, obviously not too much. I wouldn't get too worked up over it op, it's not that big of a deal.
Original post by TheReader
Does he regularly wash those clothes though?

He smells okay so I assume so. Unless my nose is just blocked up by his pheromones :colone:
Original post by drowzee
I'm not going to lie, it would bother me just a little. I like a man that puts a little effort into what he wears, obviously not too much. I wouldn't get too worked up over it op, it's not that big of a deal.

I'm not worked up over it really I suppose I've just been deep in thought. Same here it bothers me a little but won't stop me from being with him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending